• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

A Big Problem In Villager Auctions That Needs To Be Addressed!

I hate it when it's going on in two forums, pick one, it's hard to keep up with two.

I wish the thread would temporarily close when the bid deadline arrives. That's the quickest solution I can think of for the time-related pet peeve, but that does take some effort on the part of the mods or somesuch.

But bidding at 4:59 should be counted. Even if no one has bid for hours. Bidding right before the last mintue is called sniping
Watch out for that

Me and my dad do this on ebay :L It's not a bad thing on TBT either - It's just called smart thinking hehe

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wish the thread would temporarily close when the bid deadline arrives.
Oh and this^

Or the user can just post "ALL BIDS BELOW THIS POST ARE INELIGIBLE" at their desired ending time and that's the end of it. So they can just consider everyone's bids before that post, regardless of sniping. It'll be up to the user if they're gonna be jerks and consider higher bids below the post. Then everyone can just report their butt and hope no one ever bids for anything of theirs again.

Or the thread will automatically make such a post if the user is offline so that only bidders above the post can be considered. No one will scratch their heads because it's as simple as that. 8U

Last edited:
I used to dread voiding a villager. Not anymore. I've been misled too many times when I would do a villager giveaway and they ended up in a cycling farm instead of going to someone who didn't have zillions of bells for their dreamie. Beware. $$$ are causing serious integrity issues.

Why don't people like voiding?

Why don't people like voiding?

Some for sentimental value, especially for villagers that have been in the town for a long time.

There's also a chance to screw up someone else's village, because voided villagers may move to towns of people you've met online or thru Streetpass. When this happens, there's no way to undo it and it's a big source of heartbreak to many.

Or the user can just post "ALL BIDS BELOW THIS POST ARE INELIGIBLE" at their desired ending time and that's the end of it. So they can just consider everyone's bids before that post, regardless of sniping. It'll be up to the user if they're gonna be jerks and consider higher bids below the post. Then everyone can just report their butt and hope no one ever bids for anything of theirs again.

Or the thread will automatically make such a post if the user is offline so that only bidders above the post can be considered. No one will scratch their heads because it's as simple as that. 8U

Again I think just stating when the auction ends rather than making a post saying it's over is better. I'd like to be exact with my auctions and since you're never going to 100% be exact with your timing when you post your comment there will be some controversy and I have no doubt ppl are going to abuse that too >.<

If the host clearly explains that in the rules at the beginning of the auction then I have no problem with that. It's up to the host to decide all of that the problem is tho alot of them don't tell you or break their own rules.

Back