• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

99k vs. 100k

I'd rather get 100K then a 99K bag of bells lol. It's kinda annoying when its just 99K...

Well the first time I made a "large" trade aka "one sack" lol I forgot that it was only 99 thousand but the host reminded me so I obv threw her the extra k or w.e

From there on out I always make sure to give the extra karrots...

If its a relatively small purchase then I say who cares...you'll get 99k instead of 100k so what? Are you really that desperate for money that you need every last bell? It's soo easy to make money in this game, you could've made more bells in the time you took to type on your touch screen "gimme dat last 1k" to catch 1 beetle, harvest a perfect fruit or whatever else. Don't be so greedy, that's just my opinion tho :3

To clarify I'm basing my opinion around if it should really mean that much. If I forget 1k because bell bags being 99k then I really don't want to go out of my way to get 1k more but obviously I'm not going to go out of my way to not give you the money. If I forget tho then I say tough luck...

It's nice to have the full 100k, but it doesn't really bother me if it's 99k bags... even with higher transactions.

I don't really mind if I get 99k bags. Of course I prefer the 100k but I don't think there is too much of a difference :3

I sold a really big purchase and 300k was missing once. I kinda got sad, but then reminded myself that I just got a lot of money.
I don't like pinching bells, but yeah, with the higher amounts, it adds up.
Actually, I think I charged 2mil and was missing 300k.
Wait a minute.

Eh, nah, I usually don't care, but part of me gets disappointed. But you can bet your butt I won't bring it up.

I sold a really big purchase and 300k was missing once. I kinda got sad, but then reminded myself that I just got a lot of money.
I don't like pinching bells, but yeah, with the higher amounts, it adds up.
Actually, I think I charged 2mil and was missing 300k.
Wait a minute.

Eh, nah, I usually don't care, but part of me gets disappointed. But you can bet your butt I won't bring it up.

I would never bet my butt, it's too important to me xD

but yea 300k is kind of a lot. At some point the 99k thing becomes a real issue.

I always consult my handy-dandy calculator and make sure I pay in correct increments and that they do the same too!
If I'm promised an amount....I expect that amount.

I would strongly suggest Re-Tail method of transfer because you can set item max to 999,999k and they have to pay that much amount so even you do lost a bit in a 10mil transaction, it's only 10 bell? 100 bell? cause they already pay max 999,999k for the items you put up.

I'm kind of a jerk and since I'm lazy and terrible at math I just give the 99k bags; unless the order is super big, like I'm paying for a villager or something. Then I empty it all out. Or paying through Retail is also easier.

To be fair, I really, really don't care about the extra whatever I lose. I don't bug people about it, and as far as I know no one's ever had a problem with me, and if they have I would've gladly paid extra for their time. But yeah, basically I'm just really lax about it unless it's a large payment.

I make sure to always give out the exact amount of bells, sometimes extra just in case.
The only exception was my first big trade for the 7-11 set, when I didn't care about exact values and just dropped 99k bags.
Sorry Karen, was and still am too chicken to tell you. >.<
I'll still come over and send the bells.

I never thought of this! Wow I've been scamming people without meaning to ... But to be honest they didn't say anything. From now on will make sure to drop a 99k plus another thousand

- - - Post Merge - - -

If its a relatively small purchase then I say who cares...you'll get 99k instead of 100k so what? Are you really that desperate for money that you need every last bell? It's soo easy to make money in this game, you could've made more bells in the time you took to type on your touch screen "gimme dat last 1k" to catch 1 beetle, harvest a perfect fruit or whatever else. Don't be so greedy, that's just my opinion tho :3
LOL!! It's true but when it's like a million it does make a difference. You're right though you could get thousand by even selling shells.

Last edited:
no if i am selling you something worth 100k, you will give me 100k or else ur a lil scammer.

if you give me 99k i will give you a negative rating. its called punctuality xo

I sure hope you're joking, because that's not punctuality - that's being a jerk.

I've not done much trading, but I think that in the interest of fairness, one should pay (or be paid) the exact amount agreed upon.

Accidents can happen, obviously, but it's best to intend to pay the full amount.

So, I was curious as to see what would happen if it was a 10 million purchase and this happened. So, I did some math. The function to calculate this is 100000x-(1000x).

When x equals 1, that means you're doing a purchase for 100,000, and losing the 1000 from them using 99k bag.

When x equals 10, that means you're doing a purchase for 1,000,000, and losing the 10,000 from them using 99k bags.

When x equals 100, that means you're doing a purchase for 10,000,000 and losing the 100,000 from them using 99k bags.

Once you're doing multi-million bells sales, the amount of bells you lose adds up, but it's really insignificant compared to how much you're still getting.

I make sure to always give out the exact amount of bells, sometimes extra just in case.
The only exception was my first big trade for the 7-11 set, when I didn't care about exact values and just dropped 99k bags.
Sorry Karen, was and still am too chicken to tell you. >.<
I'll still come over and send the bells.

LOL no problemo, I'm not picky ;D

So, I was curious as to see what would happen if it was a 10 million purchase and this happened. So, I did some math. The function to calculate this is 100000x-(1000x).

When x equals 1, that means you're doing a purchase for 100,000, and losing the 1000 from them using 99k bag.

When x equals 10, that means you're doing a purchase for 1,000,000, and losing the 10,000 from them using 99k bags.

When x equals 100, that means you're doing a purchase for 10,000,000 and losing the 100,000 from them using 99k bags.

Once you're doing multi-million bells sales, the amount of bells you lose adds up, but it's really insignificant compared to how much you're still getting.

Thank you for doing the math for me omg ahah
So only 100k lost from 10m? Yeah... I... Well. I see no reason to be picky about it. Nintendo made it this way (thx nintendo gr8 job) and dropping off money is a huge pain in the ass anyway (once again thank u nintendo), and so while I do try to pay when it's higher up there, it's still a really insignificant amount. I don't know. Like, I just really don't see a reason to freak out over 1k, 10k or 100k. I DUNNO MAYBE THAT MAKES ME A BAD PERSON??? But again no one's ever complained to me and if someone specifies they want the entire correct amount then I'm glad to do so. It's just a pain in the ass to do it otherwise, and I don't expect people to count it all up for me either. whoops probably unpopular opinion /slinks away

Back