• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Beginning of Moonglow Island. Enter and read the Story of Moonglow

Island/Town Name
Moonglow Island
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear

Angelbearpuppy

Bells
Switch
6473-4083-8328
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Tasty Cake
Moonglow Island ~A Month before Take off~
December 01, 2022​

The year had been long and arduous. Between working two jobs in the city to make ends meet and trying to afford school, I had not found much time for downtime. When you are a Preschool Teacher staring down thirty children in the face and trying to make it through the day with minimal help and support, it does not leave you with much energy to go out after work. I am getting a little sidetracked, however. My story started at the beginning of this week when I received a greeting card from one of those travel agencies, some place called Nook INC.
greeting-card.png

Contact information was on the back of the card; apparently, they were running some Island Get-Away giveaway. If you contacted them, they would send you an application to fill out, and you would be entered into a drawing. If your name were drawn, you would get an exclusive chance to choose from one of four islands to move to as part of some population project or another. I was leery; the whole thing sounded fishy, almost like a scam. I was not alone in getting this greeting card because it was all anyone could talk about the next day at work. One or two had even sent in their information for an application. Can you believe it? How could they be so trusting? Or, as they told me, how could I not want to try for such a great opportunity? What could it hurt? One of my close friends even told me they had their father, a big-shot detective. Check it out and research it. Everything seemed legit. A good week and a half had gone by when I caved. The day had been particularly trying. It seemed like no one had their listening ears on, my coworker was checked out, and the children, as much as I love them, were whiney, or maybe I was just a little burnt out. So I gave in and sent in my information to get my application and received it in my email along with instructions for how to enter within a few hours.
getawayapp.png

Moonglow Island ~A Week in a Half before Take off~
December 11, 2022​

According to the pamphlet, Nook INC. would supply the island's basic amenities, lodging, and transportation. Mr. Nook had recently acquired a piece of the ocean with several islands he wanted to populate. It must be nice to afford real estate in the sea. I have to work two jobs to afford an apartment in a decent area. There was something about a loan but no accurate information on what it was other than it was interest-free and a bunch of legal jargon I did not understand fully. A disclaimer also mentioned that your wishes for the type of island you were looking for would be considered but not guaranteed. You would be allowed to choose from one of four destinations at the ticket window when you arrive; your passport would also be taken care of. Feeling insane for actually doing this and not thinking I would get it since the deadline was Friday, I applied and went to bed without another thought. So I am sure you can imagine my surprise when I got off work Friday and got home to check my mail. I pulled out an envelope from Nook INC. With shaking hands, I opened it.

Moonglow Island ~A Week before Take off~
December 29, 2022​

boardingpass.png

boardingpass (1).png

I had been chosen. Inside was information about travel time and a passport with a placeholder photograph. I was told the official ticket would be issued at the check-in counter before I left. There was also some information that this was a one-time offer; if I did not arrive at the ticket counter at the scheduled time, my package was void. It looked like I was heading to Moonglow Island. I will be taking this journal along to document the experience.

Last edited:
Moonglow Island ~First Day of a New Life~
January 01, 2021
2023010100023800_c.jpg2023010100061800_c.jpg
I cannot believe it; I am here. After getting my affairs in order, I am standing at the check-in counter at Nook's INC., about to board a private jet to help settle a private previously deserted island. One of four that Nook Inc. has decided was possible for inhabitation. I had to submit my application, take my passport photo, and show my boarding pass to prove my identification. The whole process went rather quickly, and I was surprised that there was no one else in line other than two other passengers. Then I was we were shown a map of four different possible islands. I also met Timmy and Tommy, who were working the front desk there.
2023010100081200_c.jpg2023010100090100_c.jpg
After a bit of debate, I chose the bottom right-hand corner map, and surprisingly the other two passengers agreed. There looked to be a decent amount of space, and I liked the little tooth-looking lake; it just appealed to me. The only other thing they asked me was if I could bring one thing with me, what would it be? It was some icebreaker question, I guess. Knowing they were supposed to provide everything else, I chose something to kill time. Then before I knew it, it was time to board. It would take roughly seven hours before we would reach our destination; luckily, they also thought to provide some inflight entertainment along the way. The time seemed to pass rather quickly, and soon I was getting the first look at the island we chose. To my surprise and dismay, because I had chosen a short-sleeved shirt, there was snow on the ground; I guess that is what I get for assuming the island was tropical all year around. There also looked like some fruit trees growing that looked like pears. More interestingly was the fact that the airport was bright green.

2023010100170000_c.jpg2023010100214600_c.jpg2023010100224800_c.jpg2023010100234900_c.jpg

Once we landed, Timmy, who seemed to do most of the talking, directed us to the central plaza for some orientation speech. What followed was us learning that Nook Inc. was providing tents of all things to get settled; although he promised he had some housing connections, they would take time to establish; I knew there had to be something because this was all too good to be true. On the flip side, I guess anywhere I decided to put my tent, I would own that land, so there is an upside. Then I got to meet the other two passengers, a deer named Fuchsia and a pig named Kevin. We bonded over choosing locations for our tents; Fuchsia just threw a stick and pitched her tent where it landed, while Kevin sought a place with lots of fresh air. Next followed a series of events that saw me collecting ten sticks for a campfire and six pears for our first island feast later that night.

2023010100283400_c.jpg2023010100301700_c.jpg2023010100310000_c.jpg

Tom Nook welcomed us to the island in a ceremony that night. Together the residents submitted possible names, with Moon-Glow being a surprising win. I never had so much good luck because, with that vote, I was also named Resident Representative. I was told it was my job to gather information for the Residents and relate it to Tom Nook himself. However, what comes up, must also come right back down. Later that night, at my tent, I realized what I signed up for and what that loan detailed.

2023010100384900_c.jpg2023010100390700_c.jpg2023010100391400_c.jpg2023010100400200_c.jpg

That free get-away package cost 49,800 Bells, but I was not too worried; since I lived in a tent, I could work off the loan by doing something called the Nook Mileage Program. Basically, for running around and collecting items and cleaning up the island like some errand girl or janitor, I could work off my debt. All in all, however, I do not believe it was too bad of a start. I will leave off with a final picture. The first actual picture I took when I was on the island. It is now time to get some sleep because I feel I will have a lot of work ahead of me once the day breaks.

2023010100465600_c.jpg

Attachments

• 2023010100310800_c.jpg
    2023010100310800_c.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 13
Moonglow Island ~First Day of a New Life~
January 02, 2021
Hi, it's me again! Here is a quick recap of the events after I woke up on the island.

2023010116285400_c.jpg2023010116473800_c.jpg2023010117000800_c.jpg2023010117142600_c.jpg2023010117170400_c.jpg

Let me start by saying yesterday was a busy day on the island. After I had gotten some sleep and woke up, it was like I had hit the ground running. One would think that the pace would be slow on a deserted island. Boy, was I proven wrong. Good thing I have all that experience running a classroom. His day was a flurry of activity. First, there was the DIY Workshop, where I learned how to make my first tools, albeit a little flimsy. I followed that up by gathering resources for my campfire and a few log posts. While I was busy doing that, Tom Nook found me and requested that I catch five different critters and bring them to him. So it was a dash around the island collecting bugs and fish. While doing that, I bumped into Fushia and Kevin, who were also out and about. I received a DIY f r leaf umbrella and a tan explorer's hat as a welcoming present. Once I turned in t e critters, Tom wanted me to find a spot for a museum tent for Blathers, who would be arriving on the island tomorrow. I also received two d the Post Office was open. I also had my first two letters. My mother sent me some cherries, and someplace called Nintendo gave me a DIY for a workbench. I will never under and how I ended up on some of these mailing lists. I cleaned up the v city of weeds, gathered pears, cleaned up the beaches, and found a nifty message in a bottle. Along the way, I e red 5000 miles to pay off my loan, only to immediately enter into a new agreement when Tom promised to build me a house by tomorrow. I also bought a ca dle and a red barbeque to cook some meals planted some red roses for the spring, received a watering can, and bought a handful more recipes for DIY stuff, including one for a slingshot. The most magical p rt was the beautiful clear skies and the amazing sunrise and sunset, the first ones of the year. I finished ordering some things through Nook Shopping, such as a long-sleeved shirt and a knit cap to keep warm before passing out exhausted into my bed. Not before building my first snow boy of the season. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a little more relaxed.

----------

Yeah, you know what I said about tomorrow being more relaxing.....That was not the case. I will say I did h ve a lot of fun, however.

2023010206565000_c.jpg2023010207003900_c.jpg2023010207005100_c.jpg

The day started with some morning announcements that woke up the island, or at least me. I started the day y getting the mail outside my new house. I did not know how Tom pulled it off, but I must have been more tired than I thought because I fell asleep in a tent and woke up inside the house. I somehow ended up on yet another mailing list, the Happy Home Academy. Tom had forgotten o tell me that once you get a place, you are automatically registered, and somehow, once a week, they are supposed to come and grade my powers of decoration. No pressure. I also received an IY from the snow boy I created, I thought I was hallucinating when he started talking last night, but I guess not. So that's a thing, I think. Ever wonder when y your life began to take a strange turn? I know I have on occasion.

2023010207030600_c.jpg2023010207033800_c.jpg2023010207052700_c.jpg

I started by picking up the fallen sticks overnight and combing the beach when I ran across two things. Or rather one thing and a person. I found a DIY for a kettle tub from Gruff, who had stuffed it in a bottle before tossing it in the ocean, and also came across Gullivar. This strange Seagal had somehow washed up on the beach. After bringing him around to consciousness, I had to help him look for some communicator parts so he could get back to his ship. Around this time, I also started to note down the weather on the island. It occurred to me last night that we did not know the weather patterns here on Moon-Glow, which could be very important in the future. If my calculations are correct, I should have a chance of shooting stars tonight. So we will see. I am getting side track. After finishing my morning rounds and purchasing a campfire and an outdoor generator, I went to see Blathers, noticing his tent had been set up sometime while I was asleep. How do these people manage to do things like this? I will never know.

2023010208265200_c.jpg2023010208381100_c.jpg2023010208451600_c.jpg
Blathers himself was excited to visit the island but not as excited as I was when he gifted me with a shovel recipe and a pole vault. The rivers had been plaguing me, keeping me confined by the airport because they were too swift to swim. This would allow me to explore more of our humble little island, where I discovered up on the cliffs that wild windflowers were thriving despite the chilly temperatures. However, these gifts came with a condition. Blathers wanted me to collect 15 critters and fossils on the island should there be any found. One catching and digging spree later, he was a very happy owl who practically kicked me out of the tent as he was exceedingly busy staring at the preparations for a museum. It was then that Timmy approached me about building a store. He figured that I, as an Island representative, would have the most knowledge of the island and be able to pull it off. Somehow I am beginning to think that this job was just to turn me into some errand girl. To try and make up for the task of collecting 90 pieces of wood and 30 iron nuggets, he told me how the airport opened up to visit some of the nearby islands to make gathering supplies easier. If it wasn't for the fact that I, too, would benefit from a store.....

2023010210205200_c.jpg2023010210320800_c.jpg2023010210311400_c.jpg

At least the trips proved fruitful in my iron collection detail. While there, I met a penguin named Wade and a chicken named Eggburt, who were visiting the island around the same time. I also collected and planted some oranges and coconuts to go along with the cherries my mom sent for a bit of variety. Then it was time to select a location for the shop, build another snow boy, and pop some weird balloons that had presents attached to them. All and all, another day on the island. I plan on doing some more crafting to finish the fence I started and catching the stars if my perceptions are correct about the weather later tonight.
2023010209003900_c.jpg

Coming out later today. Will be switching to a weekly format now that work and school has started back.

Back