• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I love Sims 3! It is great and I love building stuff on it. The only con I can think of would be that my computer doesn't always handle it well.

I've only ever played the Sims 3 Supernatural, which doesn't run amazingly on my computer so I'm looking forward to a PC so I can get into my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. :cool:

I've played all 4 Sims games, and out of all of them, I think 2 is my favorite. 3 is my least favorite.

Probably TS2. c:
I like four because I mainly use the sims for cas and building anyways, even though it's gameplay is very weak.​

TS2. Nothing else like it.

TS3 is nice for the customization and open world but it has a lot of issues, and it doesn't have quite the same charm.

I like The Sims 3. Buuuut it's the only one I've played, so...
#totallybiased
gosh that hashtag was painful

Last edited:
I've played all of them except 4 so I'll give my pros and cons for all of them. Hopefully this will help you decide!

TS1
Pros:
-Nostalgic
-Simple - there aren't as many things you need to do or think about as other games
-No ageing gives you a lot of time with your sims so no need to rush anything
-Can probably be found for very cheap, as it is a very old game.
Cons:
-Harder to build houses than later games
-Gets boring quicker than other games because sims don't age
-Not as much to do as later games, even with expansions

TS2
Pros:
-A lot of content and things to do, especially if you get the expansions
-Runs quickly and smoothly, a lot better than 3 imo
-Looks nice graphics wise, not a huge difference from sims 3
-Adds a lot more features that are not in Sims 1, such as aging and more life stages, which make them game more interesting and realistic
-Certain things are not as frustrating as 1, eg getting sims married and to the top of jobs is a lot easier
-There are a lot of amazing mods and custom content you can find online and if you are reasonably careful they won't ruin your game at all
-Again and old game, so you can probably find it cheap
Cons:
-Lacks some of the realism that Sims 3 has with the open world and all sims in one neighbourhood ageing at the same time
-Sims do not have as much personality as they do in 3
-Less customisation options than 3

TS3
Pros:
-Each neighbourhood is like an open world. You can freely explore and go to different lots without having to sit through any loading screens.
-All sims will age as you play, regardless of active family, so you don't have to play all families equally in order for them to age at the same rate
-Create a sim is dramatically improved. There are a lot of customisation options and sims have more interesting and diverse personalities than in 2
-You have more options when building and decorating houses
-Similarly to 2, there is a lot to do if you have a few expansions
Cons:
-Can be VERY glitchy. This is a big con, as this has ruined the game for a lot of people.
-From what I remember, the base game alone doesn't have as much to do as Sims 2's base game
-There are more expansions and they each offer less and are more expensive than Sims 2 games so it will cost you more
-Custom content and mods are trickier and more risky to install than in Sims 2

So that's my run down. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me, as I have played A LOT of Sims over the years. Overall, I'd say my favourite is Sims 2. From my experience, it runs a lot smoother than Sims 3. There is also just as much to do it my opinion and you only miss out on a bit of realism and customisation, which I can easily do without. Sims 3 is great too but I wouldn't bother unless you have a good computer and even then you'll probably have a few problems with glitches. I personally play both 2 and 3.

- - - Post Merge - - -

TS2. Nothing else like it.

TS3 is nice for the customization and open world but it has a lot of issues, and it doesn't have quite the same charm.

This is pretty much a perfect short summary of what I think :p

It's really a shame, Sims 2 apparently isn't on Origin? I thought after that whole free Ultimate Collection thing that they'd put it up in the store. I guess your best bet might be Amazon.

If you go for the expansions (you should!), there are little bundles for certain ones, like Double Deluxe, that combine two of them and sometimes a stuff pack (which aren't a big deal, just extra items, but kind of nice if they're in a bundle or something) and they can save you a bit of money.

The Urbz for PS2! Does that count?

Pros:
-The Soundtrack
-The Story Line

Cons:
-It's a bit hard to make your Sim do things fast, but it's a PS2 game, soooo.

I absolutely LOVE life simulators, that's why I played The Sims games since the very first one, and that's why I play Animal Crossing!
I have to say that The Sims 2 is the best one of the bundle, just for the sheer amount of innovations that that title brough to the series, putting the basis for the third installment of the series.

Sadly, EA always came up with AWESOMELY GREAT ideas for games, but screwed them up in the execution (we have many examples of this, as in The Sims series itself, Spore, etc.). That's too bad :(

Sims 3 probably has to be my favourite, but that's probably only because I've played it more then 2 and 4.. and the fact it's easier for me to move around and see things since I play on my laptop without a mouse.
The only things I hate about the Sims 3 are all of the glitches and extremely long loading screens, though I can easily overlook the loading screens because they dont happen too often.

Back