• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

we need to do something abuot this

MamaMyers

Michael Myers Mom
Bells
I find it funny, that we can choose where pretty much anything is placed in the game...our houses, PWP all that stuff.....but we can't choose where villagers houses go! they ruin orchids and hybrids...I seen people who pay 1million for hybrids and their whole breeding grounds are taken out by plot lands! is it even possible to update the game to fix that? like if we all got together and was like Hey FIX THIS! lol prolly not but w.e im asking anyways :D

I agree. I don't have a lot of hybrids (or any worth a lot) but I do have some and, even though no villagers have moved in on them, I have 2 villager spaces and I am worried they'll get trampled. And I have persimmons D: Again, I totally agree.

I agree. I don't have a lot of hybrids (or any worth a lot) but I do have some and, even though no villagers have moved in on them, I have 2 villager spaces and I am worried they'll get trampled. And I have persimmons D: Again, I totally agree.

they have messed up my paths, my orchids and my hybrids, its like every time someone leaves, I run around picking everything up hoping they dont mess it up.

Although we can't choose where houses appear, there is a way to control it so that if they appear in a place you don't like then you can change it. There is a guide on how to do so here.

Although we can't choose where houses appear, there is a way to control it so that if they appear in a place you don't like then you can change it. There is a guide on how to do so here.

but like lets say A villager left now, and I TTd him out and hes gone now right, how do I know WHAT day a new one comes on?

but like lets say A villager left now, and I TTd him out and hes gone now right, how do I know WHAT day a new one comes on?

You check everyday. If there isn't a new villager then save the game (simply resetting may spawn a villager in a place you dislike). If six days have passed where there is no new villager after villager A moves out, then a new plot will definitely show up on the seventh day.

This and all other questions you may have will be covered somewhere in the thread I linked to.

Last edited:
ARGH i know!! pashmina moved right in on a couple of perfect trees!! i hate it!!

if you have 9 villagers it isn't likely that anyone would move in, but if you have 8 or less villagers, you should use the reset method before you log into your mayor each and everyday.

Last edited:
Yeah, like others have said.. just do the reset method every day. It's only a couple of minutes to save you all the frustration you're upset over

I know, Ribbot just moved in an awkward spot on my map. Basically, inbetween my house, Flora's house, and Re-tail. I would certainly have selected a better spot for him, but at least he didn't ruin anything...or park ~*literally*~ in front of my house.

I wonder if this is what the "Do Not Enter" sign was intended for?

To people who say things about the reset method: Sometimes people refuse to TT or they don't know when a new plot appears. It's better to just stick with what you get. Who knows, you could trade them for a dream villager.

To people who say things about the reset method: Sometimes people refuse to TT or they don't know when a new plot appears. It's better to just stick with what you get. Who knows, you could trade them for a dream villager.

you don't have to time travel to do the reset method. its just you create a new character before you play. if there is no plot hit home and play like normal. if there is a plot and its good great, save and delete that character and play like normal. if the plot is bad, boo. hit home and do it again til you like it.

you don't have to do this but it can save some heartache

Last edited:
█⌦♫​

I might do the reset method. It's the first time that I've seen a method like that and it actually made sense :p
♫⌫█​

Whoops, I was thinking of the wrong method.

But regardless, sometimes people just don't know when plots will come unless they made someone move in from the campsite. Besides, the entire start-up is annoying with Rover and sometimes you just never end up getting where you want the house to be.

█⌦♫​

If there is no plot, you don't need to reset. Play your AC game for fun! :D If there is a plot and it's a good villager in the right place, save and delete that character into the void. If there is a plot and it's the ugliest placement and villager you have ever seen, reset and keep doing so until you get that one villager you obsess over :)
♫⌫█​

You know what would be cool? If 1) You could choose where villagers move. 2) when you started a new game, the village was empty except for you and Isabelle so it would be like starting from scratch. I think, for one, it'd be sorta cool. Then you could choose ABSOLUTELY everyone's house plots.

Back