• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[TUTORIAL] How to get your dream villagers faster

ForgottenT

♫ drops of jupiter ♫
Bells
Switch
1992-0957-5293
Island
Maple Bark
My Melody Easter Egg
Ruby
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Pokéball
ど
う
Because it seems like a lot of people don?t know about this I will make a thread for it.
okaY, so I wanna tell you guys how to get your dream villagers faster.
just FYI It?s the same trick as used here: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?68222-quot-Controlling-quot-where-houses-appear

This trick uses the fact that when you create a new character it does not save before you complete the setup.
Every day there?s a chance that a villager will come to your campsite.
When you start your game with already created characters it saves the town while it loads it, so you only get 1 chance every day, BUT if you use this trick you get UNLIMITED chances.

This trick also works when a villager is moving into your town, the villagers location and the villager itself will change, however if the villager was set to move in from the camp, or another town, it will only change the location.

MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS BEFORE PLAYING ON ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS.
Step 1. Create a new character.
Step 2. Finish the Setup with Rover.
Step 3. Go to your camp.
Step 3a. If there?s nobody in your camp, or a camper you don?t like then press the home button on your 3DS, basically close the game without saving, then reopen the game and redo step 1-3 until you get to Step 3b.
Step 3b. If there?s a camper you like, then finish the setup, get a home, and save the game.
Step 4. Start the game with your newly created character, before you enter the game ask Isabelle for help, tell her to demolish your house, that will delete your new character.
Step 5. Open your game with your main character, and go to the camp, and convince the villager to move in.
Step 6. Have fun..

Feel free to ask any questions you might have :)

Extra information provided by Beanie.
The day after the camp has been build there?s a 100% Chance that a villager will be in the camp, so no matter how many times you reset you will get a camper.

Last edited:
If you can quickly 500 resets and going. Still no Bob! D:

But it is very helpful.

This trick was in every animal crossing, i dont know why its so popular now..

And i dont like this, just take what you got. Its a part of the game to have bad villagers. But everyone can do what he want

I've been using this method and it works amazing. :) You can also use it when you know a villager is about to move in, so you can keep resetting until you get a villager you like.

If you're REALLY lucky, maybe you'll get a good villager moving in AND a good camper at the same time! That sorta happened with a friend, which is how I got Bam, ahaha.

It's tedious, but worth it in the end.

I've been using this method and it works amazing. :) You can also use it when you know a villager is about to move in, so you can keep resetting until you get a villager you like.

If you're REALLY lucky, maybe you'll get a good villager moving in AND a good camper at the same time! That sorta happened with a friend, which is how I got Bam, ahaha.

It's tedious, but worth it in the end.

True, I should probably add that to the post ^^

This trick was in every animal crossing, i dont know why its so popular now..

And i dont like this, just take what you got. Its a part of the game to have bad villagers. But everyone can do what he want
Theres some people that like having better villagers tho. I say let people do what they want.

No it isn't. "Bad villagers" are 100% subjective and even then your "bad" ones can move out on their own eventually and get replaced with someone who might be "good". Your logic is flawed no matter how you flip the coin.

I'm trying this right now.

Edit: I'm a (9), I have played with the mayor before.

Last edited:
Does this work when you haven't got any space for new villagers? Or does one of the other villagers need to be be moving out? :)

Does this work when you haven't got any space for new villagers? Or does one of the other villagers need to be be moving out? :)

You have to have less then 10 villagers to get a new one.

You take my words way to seriosly, i just complain why i dont like this trick. And i say, everyone can do what he want. That opinions are subjective i know by myself, thats why i use "bad villagers", because its another one for every single person. And that "bad villagers" can move out, change nothing at this point, because it was a part of youre town. Just accept other opinions. If youre think i'm absolutly wrong with my opinion, that i want to take that villagers that i get and dont want to use any not from the game offered tricks, than its okay for me. I dont have something bad against people who use this, i just say it for myself.

I've heard of this and I plan on doing this. But I thought there had to be someone there in the first place? This can be done on any day as long as you start with the new villager?

While I am not trying to disparage this technique or anyone who wants to get their "perfect" villagers, I think some just take the whole thing to the extreme. I personally do not have any favorites, which makes my life a lot easier because I am never worrying about who is moving in or hoping that someone is moving out.

Again, just my opinion...do as you all want :)

I don't mean to be rude, but tbh, this thread was to help others use the method, not to debate the morality of it. :/ If you don't like it, there's no need to even be in the thread. I'd hate to see a post that's meant to be helpful get derailed by arguing over what's right and wrong in a video game, haha.

I find it fun searching for the villagers you want. Ever since I visited the 'lion' town in a dream I've been trying to make a frog town...
thanks for the tip, never knew you could do this! Will be trying it out tomorrow

I just gave this a try now, sadly no one was in my camp! I'll try again tomorrow, thanks for structuring the trick step by step! It's less confusing ^ ^

Back