• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

No suggested public works in almost 2 weeks?

Kezarin

Bells
Hello.

I talk to my villagers, run tasks for them and I take care of my town in general. I even tried the "diving trick" and I still haven't gotten any suggestions for public works projects. All I ever get to do is change their greetings. I understand that THEY need to come to ME, but they haven't suggested anything in 12 days. I understand that it is all about randomness, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is this a bug or something? What can I do to get my villagers to suggest public works projects? Is there anyone who has encountered the same problem?

I was having the same problem until literally 5 minutes ago, when Diana suggested a... caution sign. You can imagine my dismay. I guess it is random, can take quite a while. My first and only suggestion was just now.

Be patient, you'll get it. I wish you luck in not getting a caution sign :p

I was having the same problem until literally 5 minutes ago, when Diana suggested a... caution sign. You can imagine my dismay. I guess it is random, can take quite a while. My first and only suggestion was just now.

Be patient, you'll get it. I wish you luck in not getting a caution sign :p

I got that the other day from Dizzy. Yep, thanksforyoursuggestionnowayinhellisthatgoingin. I'm waiting for something less... industrial to come around.

Yeah... Just walk in front of your villagers a lot. x.x I started doing that more and Hamlet suggested... a streetlight. .__. Yeah... there are no cars here.

I haven't liked either of the suggestions I've received so far.

Hopefully you get some good suggestions soon!

How often are you building things?
I build one thing every day even if I have to do something small that I will remove later. It has been working pretty good, I build something then later that day I often get a request for something new.
I'm also really going after villagers to get pictures, so I do letters everyday with a favorite style or colored item attached and talk to each of them daily until I get one "quest" from each character, so I'm not sure if friendship levels or just bugging the crap out of them is affecting any of this.
I have a campsite, board that you stick your head in for pictures thingy, fountain, lighthouse, museum upgrade, dream suite and police station. Club LOL is opening Friday. I still haven't managed to get that second bridge built, so that's my next project.

How are you affording to build something every day? I've only started on one thing - a new bridge - but cos of the cost it's taking me ages to get the 120,000 bells needed :( the fact that the local residents hardly contribute anything doesn't help.

This is just my observation so I have no clue if it has relevance but I didn't get my first request until I had three projects already built. I got nothing for an entire week and after three things, boom I've been getting requests at least every second day now. I've been building something every day and it seems to keep the ball rolling.

Also, I've only ever received one request per day but I've read that you can get more than that. In case anyone was wondering.

How are you affording to build something every day? I've only started on one thing - a new bridge - but cos of the cost it's taking me ages to get the 120,000 bells needed :( the fact that the local residents hardly contribute anything doesn't help.

Can we say either "Stalk Market" or Island After 8Pm and catching beetles? 6-10K each. Typical island run of 40 yields roughly 200K. Do that a couple times a night and in no time you'll have some savings :)

Really? Have you tried going to the island at night? you can make like close to a mill if you go back and forth from 7- till the re-tail shop closes. then after 11 you can get some beetles stored for the morning so that together is like a good 1.8 mil for me.

Can we say either "Stalk Market" or Island After 8Pm and catching beetles? 6-10K each. Typical island run of 40 yields roughly 200K. Do that a couple times a night and in no time you'll have some savings :)

Oh right, cheers :) I'm still new to the world of AC so am still learning the ropes. I only found out about the "stalk market" a few days ago but obviously I now have to wait till Sunday. Also depsite playing the game for 10 days I never got the option of going to the Island. It was only when I read on here that you have to pay off your first home loan to trigger it, so I did that yesterday and today I met the old mayor, and tomorrow I get to go to the Island for the very first time. Hopefully now some money will finally start rolling in :)

I use the island every night, I work full time and have class after so I only get to play in the evenings after 7pm anyway. So, I hunt beetles and sharks and fill every storage space and pockets to sell the next evening. I sell all items, crystals and spare dino bones for 3x the asking price at retail (up to 10,000 bells) so the villagers buy it all at a crazy price. I sell most of the items I get since they are in my catalog, I can always get them again later when I have more money.
I haven't taken the risk of the stalk market yet, I will when I have more time to wi-fi with other towns.

Thanks for all of your money-making tips guys! Also, is it worth having the "wealthy town" ordinance in place? Does it make much of a difference to how much you can earn? I currently have the "night owl" ordinance.

I love Mitzi so much!

She suggested both the Flower Arch and the Police Station...now if she would only suggest the Solar Panel...

I've been getting terrible suggestions like the stone tablet, caution sign and streetlight, but a few days ago Grizzly suggested a zen garden! finally something good. It's a little frustrating that you have to wait so long for them to suggest something and more often than not it won't even be something you like. Still hoping for the police station, windmill and flower clock.

I've been getting terrible suggestions like the stone tablet, caution sign and streetlight, but a few days ago Grizzly suggested a zen garden! finally something good. It's a little frustrating that you have to wait so long for them to suggest something and more often than not it won't even be something you like. Still hoping for the police station, windmill and flower clock.

You get the flower clock for having a perfect town.

I also didnt get anything for almost a week while all my friends got at least one suggestion in their first few days, the last few days i've gotten a Windmill, the modern kind of windmill (forgot it's name lol), stone tablet and police station O__o I guess it's just random, and I always walk past their viewing range and hope they notice me XD

I was suggested a Totem Pole yesterday and today a Light House.

Maybe a light house is a good idea

Back