• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Prima Typo

jebug29

Bells
Small Mailbox
3 Envelopes
Cake
I don't think this has been pointed out yet, so I figured I'd tell it and ask if anyone else noticed any like it.

I was flipping through my Prima guide, and with every instance that I saw of Lloid's name, it was misspelled. Rather than Lloid, it was Lloyd. Unless the pre-release cart of ACNL that Prima got had the name spelled the other way, I don't understand why they misspelled it. Most people that I've ever heard of (including my late great-uncle) had the name spelled with an i.

It's not a major issue like the misprint problem or anything -- just something I noticed.

Are there any other typos out there? (You know, I would actually welcome now-Sally's name being *unofficially* changed back to Hazel. It matched her and Sally matched the now-Hazel.)

Not a typo, but if you turn to page 346 you will see the Red-Zap clothing set. The second item listed is the Red-Zap Pants, but the photo is of the helmet.

True when I think of Lloyd, I think of Tales. :'D
Woo... I wonder how many typos there are out there. Hopefully none of the important event info got scrambled.

I've found a few sentences in the book that didn't make sense cuz they were missing certain words in the sentences.

So I just found a couple mistakes and I think they are a big deal. I was on the island catching bugs. I only take home the ones that are worth a lot of bells. I caught a tiger beetle and the prima guide said they are worth 32000 but they only sell for a fourth of that so it would come out to 8000 each. I got 3 of them. When I went to sell them, Reese was only going to pay me 1500 for each one. That's a big difference. The other mistake is with the Horned Hercules beetle. Prima guide says they are worth 58000 bells so I would get 14500 for each one. I had caught 2. She was going to pay me 12000 for each. Not as big of a difference with the Tiger Beetle but still a big deal I think.

I feel like one of those annoying customers at a grocery store saying "that's ringing up wrong!"

He's a sea turtle as far as I know.

he's a kappa lol.

this prima guide is horrible; there are mistakes everywhere. they didn't even have the decency to show a picture of each of the villagers. they even called Kicks a fox zzzzzzz.

True when I think of Lloyd, I think of Tales. :'D
Woo... I wonder how many typos there are out there. Hopefully none of the important event info got scrambled.

When I think of Lloyd, I think of MOTHER (Earthbound Zero)

I've never seen the name Lloyd spelt with an i before this game, lol.

I have, Lloyd's name in the Japanese version of MOTHER was spelled Loid and I am guessing the same for the Japanese version of Animal Crossing.

vvv Back on topic vvv

I have the Prima guide for Animal Crossing: City Folk and My Sims and they were some pretty thorough and high quality guides. It's a good thing I didn't bother to get a guide for New Leaf, especially not a Prima guide. I wasn't expecting the Animal Crossing New Leaf guide to be so low quality.

Last edited:
Yeah, the mistakes on the Prima Guide are unacceptable in my opinion. Which is strange, because they're usually (in the U.S., at least) the most reliable game guide maker! But have you guys seen some of the Japanese New Leaf guides as a comparison? Factcheck errors aside, there's obviously WAY more content in those Japanese guides. When is one of the many Animal Crossing wikis going to get their hands on one of these to supply their info and hopefully fix all of the misinformation they've already spread on their sites? Sadly, my best source of New Leaf information is a tumblr blogger! :(

Back