• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hai

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientRelic

Bells
Staff Note: The Woods 2013 event is over.
The lantern can no longer be claimed. Please do not report this post.

SbBYwaJ.png

aqGbK2W.png
An eerie purple glow shines towards you from in-between the collapsed structures. After a few minutes of digging through the rubble you notice what looks to be the lantern. It's old and dusty but somehow the light continues to glow. "You have to go back!" is echoed in your head as you grab the lantern, in the voice of the mysterious man.

You make your way to The Woods. As you approach this dark place the fog that surrounds it seems to retreat around the light of the lantern and branches bend back out of your way as you walk through.

Deeper and deeper you go and lantern glows brighter and brighter. Unlike last time, walking to the center of the forest is almost effortless. You see spirits watching you from afar and their shrieks of terror being carried towards you in the wind, but none dare approach the light of the lantern.

You soon find your way to the bell tree. As you walk closer to the tree you hear another echo through your head, "You have returned! Quickly, hang the lantern on the branch in front of you."

As you hang the lantern on the branch the light within begins to pulse, growing even brighter until it's almost blinding you. The light seems to be absorbed into the tree and the chiming from the leaves grows louder. Looking up you notice all the leaves also starting to glow in the same purple light and you hear loud wailing coming from all around the forest.

Standing in awe, with this purple light now all around you, you see shadowy figures fly towards you from out of the forest and be absorbed into the tree. Soon enough the biggest spirit of them all appears above the bell tree, casting a dark shadow over you and a deep voice booms down in your direction.

"What have you done?! Foolish mortal, Jack's tricked you! I am The Last Tree Ghost… I shall not forget this treachery."

The large spirit quickly fades into the leaves of the tree as the mysterious man, who you now know to be Jack, floats up out of the tree he had previously been abducted in to. He begins cackling, the smile on his pumpkin face growing larger than normal and you hear him yell, "The spirits are gone and The Woods finally belong to me! I have waited too long for this moment. No longer does The Last Tree Ghost rule over me or these woods! Thank you for your service, friend. You are no longer needed."

As soon as he finishes speaking the purple light engulfs you, propelling you back through the forest and to the edge of the tree line. The light envelopes The Woods and in a flash, the forest disappears, the cackling of Jack still bouncing around the surrounding area.

On the still glowing earth below where The Woods used to be you notice some scorched text, stepping closer you can make out that it reads, "I will return, and when I do, The Bell Tree shall be mine"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back