• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question for artists who do prints

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I really want to buy this 24 x 32 poster/print from Etsy. However, it's $124 and I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. I love the print so much but I want to know if the cost is fair for a poster. Is it expensive to print posters? I'd love to hear from you artists who do this kind of thing. Thanks!

Not at all. At most for that size it may cost around $30 to print. Even if the art itself is worth that much, prints shouldn't.

Yeah that's a little pricey. I could understand if it was a handprinted print but not if it's digital.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I really want it though, but I don't want to bargain for it since there must be a reason why they've priced it so high and the artist might find it insulting. I guess I shouldn't get it then?

What is it, exactly? Recreation of a famous painting? Fan art? Simple cartoon poster? It really depends. Generally speaking, that's very high-priced for a mere poster.

Yeah that's a little pricey. I could understand if it was a handprinted print but not if it's digital.

yeah i mean it looks really detailed but unless it was like a full-size wall/room paint something, yeah don't.

i dunno if it would be rude to ask but yeah def. not paying that much for a digital only.

Back