• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the name of your town and why?

My second town is Chenille, because I wanted to make a winter fairytale town and I wanted the name to evoke warm, cozy sweaters

And my first town I named Solstice, I wanted it to be sort of witchy and summery. The overall vibe has changed a little bit since then but the name still fits.

I used to have a Sea-themed town called Nautique, which is French for nautical.

I wasn't happy with how the town was coming along, so I moved all my stuff over to a new town called Greycott. I used a fantasy town name-generator and because I'm making it into a mossy-rainy town, I thought it worked really well.

I also have a Semi-cycling town called MilkyWay, because I named the mayor Milk, and thought it was cute.

My town is named Niue. (pronounced New-ey). Niue is actually a country, in Oceania.
My town is an all chicken town, and you could sorta guess the reason why... *cough cough*, my username lol.

Last edited:
I called my town "Ichi☆" after my dog although I don't have him anymore ;v;

Although I might name my new town after a pokemon region/a name of a flower, something along those lines ^^

My town's name is Clover. I thought it was cute and appropriate for the forest-themed town I wanted at the time. It's pink now instead of Japanese, but I still have a lot of trees and, yes, clovers. :)

I started sooo many ACNL towns and ALWAYS named my town "Cocoloco". I just adore the sound of it. It sounds fun and cute. I'll probably stick to this name forever, haha.

I've recently got a new cartride and called my town dream and the Mayor is called Chanel because I love fashion and my dream is to be as big as her in the fashion industry one day :)

The first town me and my sister named (which was then deleted) is Toronto. It was because I actually thought you needed to type in a legit town or city lol.

For the second town, I named it Lorule because I noticed that so many people were naming their towns Hyrule, so I thought I would do the opposite.

Mine is Duskfall. I reset my old town of five years, which was called Tree from an inside joke with my ex. Because of that and lots of other reasons, I reset and made Duskfall.

The name Duskfall came from a website that had town name ideas. How it worked was there were two columns of town name parts and you put two together. I liked Duskfall the best, so I picked it.

Because of the name, I always set my dream address at dusk/sunset.

Mines Hawthorn, i think it was named after a bonsai? but i personally like it because it reminds me of autumn

Gensokyo, which translates to "Land of Illusions". It's the name of the main setting of one of my favorite franchises, touhou project. I thought it'd be really fun to create an acnl town based around it.

Hanamura. It means flower village. I can't remember why I went with it, but I do remember picking it out a few days ahead of getting the game.

Pre-dates Overwatch, for the record, although I play that too.

StTropez - I used to live there.
Arcadia - Skies of Arcadia is one of my favourite games.

My town has the most exciting name of Animal because my son (who was 4 at the time) named it for me.

Back