• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the name of your town and why?

The town I play on the most is called "Hamilton" because when I made it I was obsessed with the musical...very much regretting it now *facepalm*
My other town is named Beyond after a song called "The Land of Beyond"

Mine is Aquarius because I wanted my town to have a water theme, its not actually my zodiac sign (im a taurus)

My primary town is Lunalia because I wanted something with moon associations and my town is gonna be fairy tale/fantasy themed. I realized later this was one letter off from Lunala, the legendary from Pokemon Moon. Whoops!

My other town is Kaon, after a city-state from the Transformers. I roleplay on tumblr as Megatron, and I was in a Decepticon mood that day, heh. Kaon doesn't really have a coherent theme. Another town I had a long time ago was Iacon, another city-state from Transformers.

My current town's name is Harmony, because I really enjoyed Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony. Shuichi is my mayor. ♥ I kind of want a second town to take care of, but right now Harmony is taking up all of my time and energy.

My town is Apacheta;
named after a cemetery in Arequipa that I love to visit (inspiration for my town). I also wanted something that didn't exist & I doubt anyone else will use that name bc not many Peruvians play AC (handheld games are not common).

On a side note, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's backstories for their town name. It's very interesting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mizukaen (Japanese)
mizu = water
kaen = flame
The word fire in Japanese is too long for a town name. :mad: But I really like the elements and those two are opposites but work together in my town of sorts. I don't really know how to word it, but it makes sense in my head lol

That name is beautiful and totally makes sense. :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

the town that i'm currently working with is called Sagano. i was looking for foresty town names on the internet since i really wanted to make my town zen and nature, and i ended up liking it quite a lot. the other one is called euphoria since the town is supposed to be based off my idea of a utopia.

I adore that name & I like your vibe. Also, your signature makes me happy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sogndal.
It's a little and adorable town in Norway, which is surrounded by mountains.
I fell in love with the town when we visited there, that's why I wanted to pick it. :blush:

I searched pictures and the town is lovely!!! Good choice~~
I've always wanted to visit Norway and hope to in the future.

Last edited:
My town's name is Upendi because it means 'love' and the Lion King is the best film ever :blush:

Cocoplum was my very first town. I wanted something named after a flower and loved the name. Olive is my mayor.
Corvidae is named after the genus of raven's and blackbirds since I am a witch. Dorian is my mayor since that is my real name.
Shika is my all deer town. Shika is deer in Japanese. Hazel is my mayor, named after Hazel Grosse in Saiyuki Reload.
Oyster is my seaside town. Pearl is my mayor.
Big Bear is my all bear town. Goldie is my mayor (short for Goldilocks)
Kakariko is my Breath of the Wild inspired town. Sheik is my mayor.
Feather is my all bird town. Birdy is my mayor.
Toyland is my town based off the 1930's fairy tale Laurel and Hardy film, March of the Wooden Soldiers. Bo Peep is my mayor.
Thistle is my dark forest town. Thorn is my mayor.
Fable is my town based on Japanese fairy tales. Kitsune is my mayor.
Ostara is my springtime town. Primrose is my mayor.
Coven is my occult town since I am a witch. It has my ten favorite villagers. Sorcha is my mayor.
Tarot is my second occult town dedicated to my reading of the tarot deck. Witch is my mayor.
Mistral is my town dedicated and inspired by the goddess Sedna. Google her. She is also my mayor.
Dawn is my all bunny town dedicated to the goddess Ostara. She is also my mayor.
Tea Cozy is my all food villager town. Fondant is my mayor.
Harvest is my Coco dedicated town. We have a running joke in my family that Coco is always waiting for some festival called "The Harvest." So I made the town themed all around her. Her face is even on the flag. Fig is my mayor.
Le Ciel (the moon) is my French inspired town. All villagers have French names and Etoile is my mayor.
Misfit is my town inspired by the Island of Misfit Toys from Rudolph. It has villagers most people dislike: Tabby, Hazel, Pietro and so on. I wanted to reflect that there is a place for everyone in Animal Crossing.
My newest town is Absinthe. It is my hallucinatory town based on a fairy land. My mayor is Anisette, the green-fairy.

tuesday! because it's a real word and it sounds like a town name. also i made it on a tuesday

glory because it's a real word and also sounds like a town name. it was originally saturday, because like tuesday, and then it was called ruth, because i was sad, and then it became glory because i was happier

my first town is named my butt cause i was 13? 12? and thought it was really funny. sorta regret it but its grown on me lmao
second town is named elmore after the amazing world of gumball, an amazing cartoon
i named my moms towns too
whoville cause thats cute as HECK ! and gumdrop because another cute name (-:

Koholint. I'm a bit of a Legend of Zelda fan, but a lot of people have Hyrule as their town, which is where over half the LoZ games take place. However, one of the earlier games, Link's Awakening, takes place on an island named Koholint, which has a village of talking animals. Seemed like a good fit to me

My current town is called Kolima.

Its an enchanted town/forest in my favourite video game, which is Golden Sun. I always have forest themed towns, my last one was called Galdur, which means magic in a nordic language.

I really liked the music and the design of the forest of Kolima in Golden Sun. Its cursed by the elder tree in the forest, because the people in the village didnt appreciate the forest as much as they should have and cut down the trees. So the elder Tree went into race mode and transformed all the villagers into trees.

Its just a nice area to run around, so i named by city Kolima ♥

Taiga is another word for boreal forest. Since my town is in a boreal forest, I thought it would be a nice name.

Ecruteak. I'm uncreative as heck when it comes to names, so I took a random city name from Pokemon. Genius, I know.

starbell!
i originally wanted to name it starscape when i reset but there wasn't enough letters for me to do that so i had to think of something else that sounded nighttime-ish and cute.
i decided on starbell because i love space and stars, also bells are the Main Currency? in animal crossing so. hee hee.

My new second town is called Florizel after the hero of Shakespear's " A Winter's Tale". I am thinking of a wintery, flowery town.

Pluto~ It was my favorite planet before it got demoted. Then I remember when it got taken off of planet status naming my town after it like a consolation prize or something lol. Now it's mostly habit. If I have a farm in Harvest Moon/Stardew, it's Pluto, Town in AC, Pluto. I should come up with something new eventually but I've also grown attached to it

mine's nowhere! no particular reason, i just thought it was cute and kinda funny

Mine is named Kanto! I'm a huge Pokemon fan so I knew I wanted to name my town after one of the regions. Kanto just seemed like the classic one

Back