New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
I reset one of my old towns that I never played because it was so cluttered and blah...
After map resetting for a while I found a nice map...but it has a TON of rocks.

I don't know if I should keep the map and just work with it or what? I'm tempted to try and work around it, but if I accept it, I have to wait, what, 50 days or something before I can sell it and try again? (Or could I just TT 50 days so I don't have to worry about that part? Dunno.)

What would you guys do? Just work around the rocks?

Edit: The map is super nice aside from the rocks. Lots of space to work with, and the native fruit is apples which I'm excited about. Not sure how the rocks might affect future planning though that's why I'm wondering. There are almost 10 of them x-x rip

Last edited:
With a bit of creativity, you can work around the rocks. Like make them a part of your landscaping. On a side note, it's a real shame that they made rocks an immovable obstacle in this game.

Last edited:
Hmm...

It depends on where the rocks are located on the map. Maybe you can post an image of the map, and point where the rocks are on it.

Well I'm going to show a few pictures of how I worked around the rocks in Ossipri and hopefully give you some ideas on how to work around them

24058918_374660712976206_8885019864338877229_n.jpg

23843594_374660802976197_1994023641661819122_n.jpg

23795786_374661189642825_772266644075969763_n.jpg

Restarting, to be honest, isn't going to change the fact that the next town map you choose is going to also have rocks. When I first started my town, I thought the 7 rocks were going to be in the way too, but as you can see, I worked around them.

Last edited:
Hmm...

It depends on where the rocks are located on the map. Maybe you can post an image of the map, and point where the rocks are on it.

I can't get an image of it right now, unfortunately. But they're all very randomly placed and scattered. About three of them are in front of town hall though which is frustrating.

I might just try to work with it for a while, if it becomes too much of an issue I'll reset again I guess.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well I'm going to show a few pictures of how I worked around the rocks in Ossipri and hopefully give you some ideas on how to work around them

View attachment 212033

View attachment 212034

View attachment 212035

Restarting, to be honest, isn't going to change the fact that the next town map you choose is going to also have rocks. When I first started my town, I thought the 7 rocks were going to be in the way too, but as you can see, I worked around them.

Those are some good ideas, thank you.
I'll try to work around them because I love the map and the town fruit otherwise.

I often line my paths with trees or bushes so if there is a rock, I just add the rock to the mix and make the path next to it. It can act as a bench of sorts xD tbh I could rather have more rocks and less ponds than more ponds and less rocks.

what does your map look like by chance?

work around the rocks. even if you do reset, it's not gonna change the fact that you'll have rocks in your town. I wish you the best in your endeavours! :eek:

I always just work around the rocks. It does blow when they are in front of the town hall, but it seems almost all of my towns have a rock there, lol. But yeah, I don't think rocks are a deal breaker. At least not for me. Good luck with your new town!

i adore rocks.

even for a moment, you can incorporate a tiny piece of nature around the immediate surroundings of the rock- clever placement of different depths of flowers, dropped items (gems, tool boxes, candy, clothing) and patterns can practically blend the rock in with anything at all. just be creative. the rocks were added to the game for a reason- $$$.

I often line my paths with trees or bushes so if there is a rock, I just add the rock to the mix and make the path next to it. It can act as a bench of sorts xD tbh I could rather have more rocks and less ponds than more ponds and less rocks.

what does your map look like by chance?

I don't have a picture of it just yet, but it has a beautiful long river with just a small bend near the left side, and two waterfalls!!
The plaza, town hall, re-tail, and campground all line up along the top half so I have a nice open lower half to work with and loads of space. It's really ideal outside of the 500 rocks.

You could work around the rocks. :eek:
Also I would visit some dream towns that would use River QRs around it or plant Flowers/Clovers. :eek:

Back