• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Solo Town Challenge

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
I made a poll asking if people would ever do what's called a solo-town and people have been asking questions, so I'm making this thread. (See Poll Here:http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?436869-Would-You-Ever-Do-A-Solo-Town)
DISCLAIMER!!! I am not the official creator of this challenge!! From my knowledge, HappyTails would be considered the closest to the creator/inspiration!!

I will be(or already am depending on when you're reading this) starting my solo town on the first day of 2018! ^_^

A solo town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a town that is mostly done on your own. You do not buy igb, hybrids, furniture, clothes, etc from people.

Now to answer some common questions I got!
Can I use QR codes?
Using online QR codes is not forbidden- Use them as much as you'd like as the game provides it as a feature to use(one could say trades are also a feature, but I think you get it ^_^)

Can I still get villagers from other towns?
Of course! Whether you bought them, got them from a void, or traded, villagers do not affect the challenge.

If I go to a town and catch bugs or fish, does that make me fail the challenge? What about getting fossils or paintings from someone?
You're good! If the town is in another season/time zone, it doesn't matter! And going to Redd's or digging up fossils, or just trading also doesn't matter! As long as you don't rely on other towns for your museum.

I used another town's -insert shop/special character here-, is that okay?
Yep! As said before, just don't rely on it! ^_^

I really want certain items, but have no way to get them!Can I trade?
Of course! Small trades every now and then are a-okay! Just not frequent and/or large trades.

Can I ask for help with my train station upgrade?
How else will you get it, silly?

Let me know any questions you have and I'll try to answer asap! I'll be checking in on the thread every now and then! :D

Last edited:
I feel like getting villagers from other users or visiting other users at all negates the entire 'solo' challenge because then it's not genuinely solo done. That's my opinion though.

Also, if you have a second 3DS and another copy of the game, you can indeed get the station upgrade on your own.

I feel like getting villagers from other users or visiting other users at all negates the entire 'solo' challenge because then it's not genuinely solo done. That's my opinion though.

Also, if you have a second 3DS and another copy of the game, you can indeed get the station upgrade on your own.

Good point- It just seemed too crazy to restrict getting certain animals to me.
And not everyboday has a second 3ds or second copy but I see where you're coming from ^_^

Last edited:
I started my new solo town on Halloween and my plan is to be strictly solo for one year and after the year is up start trading and stuff. I wanted to see how far you can get with items and bells and villagers just on your own. Knowing that after the time is up and I can trade if I feel like it is just part of the goal I'm working towards. I have other rules I've put in to make it interesting for me to keep playing everyday. So, that's just how I'm doing it. Not saying any other way is wrong, just giving an example of what I'm doing myself.

Good point- It just seemed too crazy to restrict getting certain animals to me.
And not everyboday has a second 3ds or second copy but I see where you're coming from ^_^

You can always get amiibo cards to get the villagers you want too though. But I can understand how it could be frustrating. Not sure if the campsite reset trick works anymore after the WA update, but that's an option as well.

New Questions That Have Been PM'ed To Me
I REALLY want 2 sets, but I think it's too many items for the challenge!
I decided to create "rules" on trading. I make these more leniant for the sake of ease and not making the game overly stressful :)
*A trade cannot exceed 30 items
*Trades should be done in moderation. I'd say at most once a week.
*TRADING ONLY NO BUYING(To make it more like a challenge, do not use tbt or igb to get what you want in the game)
A true example: I'd like the items from Felyne's RV and the Villager's RV. These are a total of 25 items, which is under the 30 item trade limit. I can offer items from the RVs I can get, furniture sets, hybrids, etc.

I don't have time to play everyday! Can I time travel?
I don't see why not :p

What do I do with my tbt if I'm not buying items for ACNL?
There's collectables, the museum shop(*nudge nudge* *wink wink* ;) ), and just saving up so you can have the most tbt on the site one day.

Can I sell things in Re-Tail?
Sure!

Can I buy igb?
I'm personally against this, but a maximum of 1million igb a week. Just like trades, buy igb once a week(at most) but don't rely on it.

Can I sell turnips in other people's towns?
Go ahead! Just give them some of your profit as a thank you :)

Last edited:
Back