• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which celebrity death has affected you the most?

Chester Bennington from Linkin Park killed me.

i don't think i've ever been upset by a celebrity death... it's sad to hear, and likely very hard on their family or those they had close personal relationships with, but i don't know them personally, so it's hard to feel any emotion or mourning other than sorrow. and death is something that will come to every one of us eventually, not to sound like a bummer. i've always just felt a disconnect, since i've experienced a few deaths of relatives or people i knew & interacted with personally, two of which were by suicide. it's shocking and not something i like to think about. but it does affect me quite a bit when it's such a tragedy as suicide such as robin williams', or homicide/hate crimes that have been happening more and more throughout the country, to innocent citizens and children

Last edited:
Carrie Fisher. I am a big fan of star wars, and when I heard this I was really upset. She was one of my favorite celebrities, at least she got to play in one more film! :)

david bowie, robin williams and muhammad ali

- - - Post Merge - - -

Chester Bennington. And Christina Grimmie. I was devastated by both of them, but I guess more so Christina. Simply because I was a fan of her ever since her early YouTube days and her career was really just beginning.

Every now and then I'm reminded of her in some way, like the fact that she never got to play botw, or that she never got to collab with Justin Bieber. And I realize I'll never get to hear new music from her on the radio or otherwise and I just want to cry.

ow my feelingS

Last edited:
Celebrity deaths don't usually hit me too hard, but Chester Bennington and Chris Cornell hit me pretty hard.

Not too long before both of their deaths I had become re-obsessed Linkin Park and had re-discovered Audioslave and Soundgarden's music. I had been listening to their music so much, and still am. Linkin Park's "Heavy" helped re-inspire me, even though the song was in a complete different style than what LP used to be, and it had lyrics that were kinda relatable to me. First it was Chris Cornell, and I was genuinely shocked about that. Then Chester not long after that. The nature of their death's as well, it was just too much. Listening to "Heavy" is pretty hard to do, or even a lot of LP's songs. Same with Audioslave.

Robin Williams was another one that stuck with me as well. Especially since a family friend's friend had committed suicide around the same time, it felt so real.

I found Jose Fernandez's death to be especially heartbreaking, especially at his age.

Dee Gordon's homerun in the game after his death almost made me cry.

Cory Monteith. Still cannot get over it when I rewatch Glee. I think it made it worse that Lea Michele and Cory were together and already in love. I would hate to lose my best friend slash love of my life.

I am still heartbroken for Christina Grimmie. It is just not fair! So much talent and raw beauty thrown away.

Last but not least Chester Bennington. Such a damn shame.

Chester Bennington.

I couldn't listen to Linkin Park for weeks, and it's still hard.

Back