• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

villagers don't talk to each other anymore?

elo-chan

(◕‿◕✿)
Bells
Switch
4147-3082-7626
Island
Maplewood
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
White Cosmos
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Is it just me or I've been noticing that I used to be able to push villagers into each other to make them start a conversation, but now it rarely happens when I try to do so? hmm, wondering if it's something to do with the update.

-They must not be holding tools
-They must be near each other
-They must not ping you or have the intentions to ping you

Using the diving trick while they are stuck near each other will most likely work. I tried it on Chief and Shari and I got a lot of conversations from them. Some conversations are mafia while others are tsundere love stuff. :p

Since the update I feel like they talk more, well in my 2nd town for sure. I'm not sure if it's because I have just one bridge and they all hang out around there and talk to each other but there's always a conversation when I cross my bridge.

Noticeably they don't talk to each other as much as they did in past games which is a shame, probably because they don't talk to each other while holding tools like they used to.

Mine talk, but I've recently noticed that it is almost always near/on a bridge or very near the river. Weird coincidence? I don't know.

My villagers never talked. I started playing recently and I have not seen this happen yet, it's very sad. They are almost always meeting, but they never stop to talk to each other.

Last edited:
Back