• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dwindling fossils?

BerybyllNathan

Bells
Hello everyone!

Is it just me, or have you found recently - or perhaps, as I have only just completed my museum's fossil collection, post museum-fossil-collection-completion - that the amount of fossils in your town each day has gone down from 4 to 2 or 3?

Maybe I'm just getting worse at finding them, but I swear on Fauna's new plot in my town (yay!) that I look everywhere!

Let me know :)

No there are always four fossils buried. :)

Do you have a lot of trees in town? In developed towns with lots of trees and substantial landscaping, it's most likely hidden behind a tree or bush. Use the up arrow around trees to see if it's hidden behind anything!

Do you have a lot of trees in town? In developed towns with lots of trees and substantial landscaping, it's most likely hidden behind a tree or bush. Use the up arrow around trees to see if it's hidden behind anything!

I was going to suggest this same thing. I had one that was missing for 5 or 6 days before I finally located it.

Check behind the trees like others have said and behind houses! Those things can be sneaky and be hidden really good!

Omg my fossils can be so mean xD I've found one at the top of the train tracks, in between the side of the track and behind a bush before. -_- I randomly dug in the spot, thinking, 'if there's a fossil here, I'm going to laugh so hard' and there was! Lol

Yeah, sometimes they can be behind bushes and trees x_x

Last edited:
Fossils can also sprout underneath of tile patterns, from what I've gathered from others. So if you have a lot of tiles in your town, there's a chance they may be underneath of them.

Hello everyone!

Is it just me, or have you found recently - or perhaps, as I have only just completed my museum's fossil collection, post museum-fossil-collection-completion - that the amount of fossils in your town each day has gone down from 4 to 2 or 3?

Maybe I'm just getting worse at finding them, but I swear on Fauna's new plot in my town (yay!) that I look everywhere!

Let me know :)

I know exactly how you feel. Once I reached the point where I needed only one or two more fossils I noticed one day that I was only able to find three fossils. I swear I searched my town for five hours looking for that fourth fossil. I tried everything the above users suggested, and still didn't find it. I searched behind every house, looked behind what I believe was every tree and have yet to find it still. That was about a month ago too. I was starting to think that the fossil count lowered, but if what the other people said is true then I'll have to spend more time looking for that fourth fossil. I'll just cut down my Viridian Forest to look for it.

Thanks guys! You have all been very helpful! I'll be a lot more vigilant with looking behind bushes and houses and trees. I do have a lot of them but no tiles as I tend to go for a very au-naturel style of town. Although it is starting to look a bit messy with all the bushes and trees, and if that could be why my fossils are disappearing, maybe I should give it a tidy up...

Back