• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you handle the bad in life?

vel

xoxo
Bells
ok i know what the title seems like, i'm not a sad kid who is going through a crisis, let me explain.

i'm making a video game (a legit one, it'll be downloadable for free later), and i wanted there to be a theme of the destruction of balance. no spoilers of the storyline, but i was thinking how people generally take the bad in life, when the good isn't going to last. to be more clear, if you can't cancel out the bad, why even try to be good at all? i guess you could also think of it as "if you're going to die, why even try to live?" i have my own idea, but i wanted a pool of answers so i can properly form an answer.

tl;dr: why try to be nice to everyone if there's still going to be "evil/bad"

I'm tired, so I'm not gonna attempt to go into detail, but the basis of my answer would be, if I were to die tomorrow, someone somewhere would be happy that I am no longer around, and that's both a good reason to die and a good reason to live. If you die, someone gets to be happy and that's a positive thing. If you don't die, you're putting your middle finger up at them and being happy yourself.

It's about the perspective. Happiness shouldn't be a selfish thing.

You only get one life, so you may as well spend it happy. Just like nothing good lasts forever, the opposite is also true. You'll get over it in time, just try to make the best of it. That's how I think. And I guess I kind of have an IDGAF attitude in general.

Why try to live if you're just going to die? Well, do you want to be laying on your deathbed wondering about all the things you could've done when you were younger? Your life isn't to please other people. It's for yourself.

I hope I answered your question.

About the "if life wil just end one day, why even bother trying to live?" thing. Musics end, but you still listen to them, don't you? Just try not thinking of the end of your life. Remember of all the good moments that have happened and are yet to happen on your life. Forget tomorrow. Live today to its fullest, live a life you can remember. Sure, it will end someday, but at least you can try to enjoy it while it's here.
You can also do something like this: whenever you're very sad, close your eyes and imagine you are a ill and elder person on your death bed. You think about your whole life and regret not enjoying it while you could. With your last breath, you take a look on the beautiful world around you, the world you did not explore or enjoy. Then suddenly you open your eyes and realise you're young again! All of your youth was taken back to you! You realise why you must try to enjoy your days?

I don't really deal with it, in the sense I don't confront it. This is definitely not a healthy way to manage bad situations, but I'm not big on confrontation. I would rather avoid and pretend something didn't happen as opposed to dealing with all the deep dark feelings, haha.

I try to focus on the good in life, even though a lot of my life has consisted of really lousy scenarios. I know that if I let myself spiral into thoughts like, "this will never get better, so who cares what I do?" I'll end up in a really, really rough place. As such I tend to go the opposite route, and I'll look for the positive as opposed to focusing on the negative. Similarly I try my best to not treat people negatively, because that doesn't help anybody. It's definitely not a fool proof method, and deep down I know I haven't solved anything, but that's what I do, if that makes sense.

I hope your game goes well! Best of luck. :D

To quote doctor who:"what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later? The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later."

I honestly try to employ this attitude in my life. When I feel happy I make sure to really be in the moment and treasure it while it's happening and then later when I'm having a low point or a depressive bout I can remember when I was happy and assure myself that everything is a cycle with highs and lows. and someday I'll be able to be happy again. :)

To me the bad things in life is what makes the good things feel so special, even if it's just for a moment. Sadness doesn't last either. It like to think of it as sunrise after night or a rainbow after a harsh storm.

you should be nice to people to be the good in someone's day- even if you're not remembered to be as such, it helps you feel better inside at least

I feel sad, not often. But still, when it happens I try to do something useful for myself, for example, to do sports. Personally, it helps me

I try to perk myself up when i'm sad by doing things I enjoy or just things to keep me busy.

whenever something bad happens to me, like if i have an awful morning where nothings goes right, or i made a mistake, i always remind myself that getting all worked up and negative about it just means that i suffer twice. why not just move on from what happened and make the most of what will happen?

if everyone else wants to be bad, so be it. if i want to be good then thats how i want to be, just like those who are bad want to live their life doing bad things, i live my life doing good things, because i want to. if i were to be bad just because everyone else is bad, IF I WANTED TO BE BAD, thats a different story. my values are to be moral, have dignity and a good sense of integrity so i will keep to my values. everyone else may not value morals, integrity, justice, whatever is considered to be good.

I try my best to be positive and look for the good side constantly, then have a breakdown at some point because it makes me tired, and then start over again. It's like I fill up a trash can with negativity, it starts to smell and get full, so I put it into the dumpster outside.

This too shall pass and what's bad for you could be someones happiness

Back