• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Advice on how to me my town look better?

Demquas

me? gongaga
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
October Birthstone (Opal)
Happy Home Designer Token
I want to know what I should change about my town, like the paths or any specific areas. It would really help to have an outside opinion! You can check my town out at this DA: 5A00-0071-D0FA

I would be really happy if you have any ideas for areas in my town as well!

First off, I want to say what a lovely town you have! I visited myself and I loved what you did with your paths, so no need to change them! What I do think you should consider doing is color coding your flowers, or bringing out more varieties of hybrids (ex: blue roses, golden and black roses, etc.) and put them in different areas. Like have one group of the same hybrids in one area while others in another area. You can also use your paths to separate the groups of flowers as well. That's what I do with my town, and I think it looks nice! Also what I recommend is maybe adding bush starts along your paths, which definitely helps with appearance! I definitely recommend separating your trees in groups as well. I do it as well, and I think it adds on to better organization and helps me find fruits faster if I need any.

That's all. Thank you! :)

I really admire your natural-looking flower growth! I would say that the fairy-tale bench looks out of place - another style of bench might fit in a little better :) Your graveyard area was really unique! I also like the fruit and mushrooms sprinkled around. I think adding some bushes around your town would really inhance its natural feel :) Really nice town, I enjoyed exploring it!!

You have a really nice town. :) I like how your flowers are everywhere~ I'd recommend redoing your paths. Not entirely redoing them obviously, but there were a couple of places I found which could've been connected, improving the overall flow of your town. Making the paths all the same width would also improve the flow. (Specifically talking about paths, like the roads leading to places if that makes sense.) Adding some bushes in as well would improve the visuals, making the town feel more complete. Best of luck in creating your dream town! :) (This is all my opinion do with your town what you wish !!)

Aw shucks, thanks guys! I was actually going to say I wasn't completely done with my paths yet, as I still need to do that bottom left area. I was also thinking about using a side character to stockpile a bunch of my flowers and starters and organize that whole mess out as well.

I was going to replace the fairytail bench at one point, but it's just that I haven't gotten all my pwps yet... And all those fruits and mushrooms aren't there on purpose, haha. I get lazy sometimes.

For the paths being the same width, should I use a different pattern for the thinner paths or should I try to make them thicker?

Very pretty town! I would say to add something to the border of the paths. Maybe plant some flowers around them or bushes. It gives it more structure and depth.

hey there! i just had a dream of Yonder! walked through the whole thing, and i think the layout of your town is really neat. the placement of public works projects/buildings/houses gives your town a fun serendipitous feeling.

my favorite part of your town is the instrument holder area behind o'hares house, and i also like the overall placement of pathways and benches. one suggestion i have for improving your town would be: line more pathways with flowers and utilize patterns made out of bushes/trees/flowers. you have beautiful flower hybrids everywhere and i think they would be more effective if they were placed in a pattern or in a dedicated area

here are a few design ideas i had while exploring your town:
distinctive areas with borders made out of flower/bush/tree patterns are very aesthetically pleasing (like behind o'hares house and below the event plaza). they help provide a sense of order and direction!

where there are open fields or flowers/trees scattered about, that would be a perfect spot for a park. you can build a park, or other little areas like gardens/streets/hangout spots, with public works projects like benches and street lamps placed together, with flowers and such surrounding the perimeter. public works projects of the same theme are very cute when placed adjacent, and certain flower patterns along pathways really help bring out those themes which is fun to play around with.

also, more greenery would serve as a great addition to your wonderful town (like bamboo or different color bushes!) try to develop patterns and match different scenery using a separation of elements. you can create spaces with bright colors using white/pink/yellow flowers combined with fruit trees & sweet olive/azalea. likewise you can create areas with darker tones using black/blue/purple flowers contrasted with cedar trees & hydrangea bushes. to help establish harmony along pathways you can gather specific types/colors of flower and do patterns.

hope this gives you some ideas! loved the town and all the attention to detail! have a wonderful day :D

Thanks again, this really helps! I didn't have a lot of access to bamboo as I just got my T&T Emporium opened today, but I am planning to line a section of the path with some bamboo, and then have a small park to the left of it (near Kyle's house).

Also, lately I've been stockpiling bushes to help with the path border thing going on. I kind of regret not looking into this kind of stuff when I was newer to the game so that I could have way more development in my town. But oh well, at least I can see how much I've changed as a gamer.

I'll try to keep colors in mind when I plant my stuff, thanks so much!

Back