• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to prevent friends villagers from moving in?

mauschen

Bells
Hello, I'm new to this forum!

I play ACNL with my sis, so we visit each others towns very often.
Whenever my sis finally gets rid of a villager, that same villager ends up moving to my place even if I don't invite them! All of our villagers have been switching between our towns constantly and it's super annoying. I can't get any new villagers I haven't met before because of this >:T

Is there any way to prevent this?

First of all, hey, welcome to the forums!! :)

Now to answer your question, when your sister gets rid of a villager they go to what we call the "void". The void is a place where villagers who have been "voided" go. Villagers who have been voided are villagers that haven't been invited/adopted into another town. As long as these villagers are still in the void, they'll be able to come to your town. However, if you have 10 villagers they cannot. For example if she has Rosie in her void and you have 10 villagers, and she visits, you'll be able to "clear" her void, stopping Rosie and any other unwanted villagers from coming through the void.

Unfortunately other than this, I don't think there's any other way to do this apart from having 10 villagers. If you want to meet new villagers I suggest not letting her visit until the game has given you another villager, then you won't get her void.

Last edited:
Tips to prevent villagers moving in from other towns:

- Turn StreetPass off temporarily- villagers can move via StreetPass. If you don't want random villagers turn this feature off until you have 10 villagers

- the best way to prevent unwanted villagers is to have 10 villagers! When you have 10 no others can move in until someone else moves out!

- Check out the Villager Trading Plaza here on the Bell Tree! There are threads filled with villagers for sale in either Bells in the game or forum currency - or to be given away. If you have less than 10 villagers you can adopt one from here and it will prevent a villager coming from your sisters town.

Welcome to the Boards!

In addition to what the previous posters said, note that you will not get a randomly generated 10th villager - you can either invite them in through the campsite PWP if you build that, invite them from another player's town, or get one from the void as you unfortunately found out.

Also, welcome! The people here are very nice & there are plenty of villagers to adopt at the Villager Trading Plaza :)

Last edited:
Put those hideous patterns everywhere, so nobody can move in, until you find who you want. Then make a space for them.

Try building a camping site if you get it, you get a new tourist every two days who if you play charades with and win then they'll move into your town :)

Welcome to the forum!

The best way to not get villagers from people is to have everyone adopt out every villager when they're in boxes. Like others said, having 10 villagers avoids a villager coming but if you're under 10 villagers, I would avoid wifi-ing with anyone until you have a 10th villager because of the void. The game keeps data of villagers who move away without getting adopted so every time you visit each other's towns or streetpass, there's a high chance you'll end up with their villager. To lower the chances of adopting a villager, you can visit a town with 10 villagers to "clear" your void but this method is not always guaranteed to work. Adopting out each villager is the best method imo.

I recommend taking advantage of the Villager Trading Plaza or ACNLadopt on tumblr. On the forum here, people are more likely to adopt original or popular villagers. As for tumblr, people will adopt almost any villager regardless of originality. (An original villager means their clothes, catchphrase, and house interior remain the same.) :)

Put those hideous patterns everywhere, so nobody can move in, until you find who you want. Then make a space for them.

Well people can still move in if patterns cover everything it'll plot randomly. All the people gave great tips welcome to the forums btw c:

Back