• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

I'm going to put the AtE thing to the side for now since I don't see any headway being made in that direction right now.

About the roleclaims : I haven't read all the posts yet (duh), but it really doesn't look that extraordinary to me so far. Both legit claims and the opposite happen all the time in these games, for reasons including strategy, lack of player knowledge, and different reactions to being pressed/tested for reactions. Can you help me see what is so unusual to you about the claims in this game?

for one we had a Roleblocker, Vigilante, Unlyncher, Jester, False Detective all claim before day 2 even started going... when in any game have you ever seen that many people claim? something seems off about that in general. So I believe mafia has someway of knowing which roles they can claim and some took the liberty to do it (not all would do it obviously) and so probably half of them decide to do it (the two more experienced Apple and Kat or possibly kermit idk, that seems less likely) and the other two are not. Kat goes and it pays off, so apple then waits a little bit decides he can probably get away with it too and claims detective.

This system seems all more likely than these 1% chance events happening to me. I'm 100% town, so when I started seeing all this bs sus getting thrown on to me and I realized something had to be up and snapped me into this game. Plus irl stuff I already explained

- - - Post Merge - - -

Amanda I seriously don't know what to think right now. I'll wait until the others come in. Rip his team members.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Who else do you sus aside from Kat? Btw I still don't think she's part of scum team.

so obvi qwerty died early. So they thought well damn we need to do something, and used their whatever knowledge of roles they have for half remaining to do claims (Kat and Apple because more experienced) then the other half Zendel and probably Uttumori or curry or Brigade or whoever else that is less experienced didn't.

I'm guessing Zendel is like sacrificing themselves? i don't actually understand this logic? is he trying to protect kat or something?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm in the mist right now too, like why would I do this?

this all seems really calculated though at the same time..... I'm guessing mafia team is doing something drastic?

for one we had a Roleblocker, Vigilante, Unlyncher, Jester, False Detective all claim before day 2 even started going... when in any game have you ever seen that many people claim? something seems off about that in general. So I believe mafia has someway of knowing which roles they can claim and some took the liberty to do it (not all would do it obviously) and so probably half of them decide to do it (the two more experienced Apple and Kat or possibly kermit idk, that seems less likely) and the other two are not. Kat goes and it pays off, so apple then waits a little bit decides he can probably get away with it too and claims detective.

This system seems all more likely than these 1% chance events happening to me. I'm 100% town, so when I started seeing all this bs sus getting thrown on to me and I realized something had to be up and snapped me into this game. Plus irl stuff I already explained

- - - Post Merge - - -

so obvi qwerty died early. So they thought well damn we need to do something, and used their whatever knowledge of roles they have for half remaining to do claims (Kat and Apple because more experienced) then the other half Zendel and probably Uttumori or curry or Brigade or whoever else that is less experienced didn't.

I'm guessing Zendel is like sacrificing themselves? i don't actually understand this logic? is he trying to protect kat or something?

- - - Post Merge - - -

this all seems really calculated though at the same time..... I'm guessing mafia team is doing something drastic?

Fake dt claim was at the end of D2 tho.

What do you think about Panda toads?

Is that Spanish?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Google search time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg, it is!

"Holey guacamol?" is a non-religious-and-therefore-acceptable-to-say-at-work-with-children-and-various-adults take on the common english expression "holy guacamol?" - meaning, basically, *wtf*. I dunno how the original bastardised expression came to be (english = holy, spanish = guacamol?), but by amending it to "holey" I get to say it wothout risking offending anyone except linguistic purists (sucks to be them, sorry), AND the bonus of the nonsensical idea of guacamol? having holes...

Guacamol?, of course is a most delicious avocado-based dip.

I mean this sacrifice started as soon as I became more vocal about Kat.... even I think my theory is far-fetched but like something weird had to have happened for all this to come together in the first place, Zendel is making me feel like I am right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fake dt claim was at the end of D2 tho.

What do you think about Panda toads?

I mean her content has been more reminiscent of when she was Cult leader in Miraculous. I'm guessing one of the ones who didn't claim is probably the godfather too. I mean if you are sitting here as godfather seroja while your scum partner literally explodes I would be super impressed, but I don't think that would be the case

I'm in the mist right now too, like why would I do this?

An excellent question.

You said you really wanted a blue role this game, but also that you were ready to be mafia after being town 5 games, so it's really, um, interesting that you would essentially throw the game now when you finally get to be something other than a vanilla townie.

So why are you?

What role do you have? And the name? Who else is scum?

An excellent question.

You said you really wanted a blue role this game, but also that you were ready to be mafia after being town 5 games, so it's really, um, interesting that you would essentially throw the game now when you finally get to be something other than a vanilla townie.

So why are you?

What role do you have? And the name? Who else is scum?

Now, why on Earth would I tell you that?

Everything I've done thus far has a purpose.

I mean this sacrifice started as soon as I became more vocal about Kat.... even I think my theory is far-fetched but like something weird had to have happened for all this to come together in the first place, Zendel is making me feel like I am right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean her content has been more reminiscent of when she was Cult leader in Miraculous. I'm guessing one of the ones who didn't claim is probably the godfather too. I mean if you are sitting here as godfather seroja while your scum partner literally explodes I would be super impressed, but I don't think that would be the case

Thanks for answering. Also if I were his scum partner I wouldn't be so calm. I'm angry enough even as town right now. What a way to ruin a good game!

I didn't really think Panda was suspicious at first because I agree at the time that Uttumori was sus af, but reading other people's perspectives on her made me think. Also I admit the 'pls inspect me' post was a bit forced.

ok Zendel, here have my attention. Can you answer this: why did Apple tunnel u so hard?

Why, hmm, such a good question, yes. Why on Earth would you tell us you're mafia? Especially since you're also claiming to have done so purposefully - in a semi-open game where all possible roles are known if I understood the OP correctly.

I am absolutely sure that everything you've done has a purpose my dear, hence my questions. If I thought you were just a random fruit-loop then I'd vote to lynch you and be done with it. Loopy you may be, but you don't act without reason. Whether it's a reason *I* care about is another question. If you're just trying to distract us, that's a curious play at this stage.

Well we'll see.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey Endless - thoughts?

yeah I'm eager to see what endless can make of all this and what mafia members outting themselves like this usually does in other games?

- - - Post Merge - - -

just saw the merge.

Ok so they sacrificed Qwerty, now they're sacrificing Zendal? Or is Zendal acting on his own? But he said he has a purpose? I agree something is off.

But WHY would he do this to save Kat when we're not even sussing her. Literally you're the only one sussing her iirc. Also Zendel wasn't even THAT scummy yet? I am lost. D3 has been super crazy so far I can't.

just saw the merge.

Ok so they sacrificed Qwerty, now they're sacrificing Zendal? Or is Zendal acting on his own? But he said he has a purpose? I agree something is off.

But WHY would he do this to save Kat when we're not even sussing her. Literally you're the only one sussing her iirc. Also Zendel wasn't even THAT scummy yet? I am lost. D3 has been super crazy so far I can't.

No they just got upset when qwerty died on day 1, so they thought they needed to take extra measures to keep themselves alive and I'm guessing they thought it would work

and yeah, like I said my theory is pretty wild and out there, but theres not much else I could come up with being in my situation

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's my purpose!

Ding ding ding we have a winner. :D

how smug... well I think whats best is if we just ignore any posts you make from here on out

That's my purpose!

What's my prize?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and yeah, like I said my theory is pretty wild and out there, but theres not much else I could come up with being in my situation

- - - Post Merge - - -

how smug... well I think whats best is if we just ignore any posts you make from here on out

Ok I agree.

Btw on Kat, another possibility is that she is really the unlyncher and just sees u as scummy for reasons she stated. Although if I'm in your position I might get suspicious of her too. Just a thought though.

So if Zendel is really mafia, I guess the rest are Silver and Panda?

-- snip --

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just a minor thing, but how on earth does CURRY count as "less experienced"???

I agree that one or more of all those roleclaims are likely to be false, not counting trundle's obviously. I'm not going down the rabbit warren of trying to pin scum strategy down to a particular sequence of events, though, that isn't a productive use of my time given the variables (no judgement on those who play differently).

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's my purpose!

Thank heavens we finally got *that* question answered.

*rolls eyes*

I.. what?

I think Zendel cracked, I can't see a single scenario where he's either town or third party doing this.
The only semblance of a strategy I can think of (which involves playing to win) would be that there's a mafia power role that he's trying to protect (I'd guess the vote thief, if there is one)

Either way, it's not a good strategy, and while discussion as to the other mafia should certainly continue, there's literally no good and/or logical reason to lynch anyone other than zendel today.

I try not to draw conclusions from people who are making wildly suboptimal plays, so I would appreciate people not drawing conclusions from Zendel's play, at least his play within this day phase. It's not rational, and you can't approach irrational play and expect to find anything meaningful in it.

On another note, Toads is blatantly, wildly obviously town. This is so close to meltdown of Rose the roleblocker v2.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe he thinks it's autolynch on majority, and wants to cut the discussion short so that I can be silenced or offed? (It's plurality, for those interested, so the day will last 48 hours regardless of who we vote at what speed.)

@Toads I think its a totally reasonable thing to bring up regarding your outside activity. I'm sorry if it's the sole reason and you were 100% honest there, but I've been burned by outside excuses before, esp if they're dramatic ones (look at Ness in Greek Cultists). And I didnt consider meta, but still.
Why the tunnel on me though? I'm certainly not the only one who's sus of you. And if you felt like I've been tunneling you all game, then why wouldn't I have offered you up for a lynch on D1 or not mentioned you in a sus light D2 (townread you D2).
------

@Zendel Lol why claim scum? But since you've claimed, mind telling us your role? And why were you focusing on Toads just now?

Considering we just had Jester die, and Im pretty damn sure no dupes, zendel's pretty much scum lol. This seems idiotic though, I see no reason why hed do this

For the record, I'm currently sitting on Lil silver/Zendel as mafia, with the 3rd being Panda or Kat. Reread brijade and the early content is just super genuine, so free pass for Amanda.

Hiya, I'm awake now.

I'm surprised Zendel just outed himself like that, but at least that makes our decision somewhat easier.

Please don't give me too much of a hard time either I don't really know everyone here. ;-;

Back