• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

I think Brijade is getting a replacement, so there's that too. They probably won't be posting anymore until the replacement comes in

hey, sorry guys, i have been reading but like i said, once we got into the discussion over specific roles and third party claims, i was a little lost and unsure of what to say that would actually be helpful. i have asked for a replacement, but i still planned on posting at least the minimum and being here for eod.

- - - Post Merge - - -

nice job on that last lunch btw guys!

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg, *lynch

Just woke up, I'll come up with reads before end of night. My top town reads atm is Dolby, Kirby, Karen, Endless, Zendel and Cleb. I think mafia will probably get rid of strong towns and/or confirmed towns tonight so if possible I'd like to get some reads right before night ends from yall.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and brijade

Just woke up, I'll come up with reads before end of night. My top town reads atm is Dolby, Kirby, Karen, Endless, Zendel and Cleb. I think mafia will probably get rid of strong towns and/or confirmed towns tonight so if possible I'd like to get some reads right before night ends from yall.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and brijade

Unless Kirby is pulling an AoT on us, or the Thirds claims are lying, scum is for sure in Curry, Zendal, Panda, and Toads. Town confirmed for Karen and almost for Kirby. Townlock for Cleb, Endless, Bri, and you(my read has changed a lot for Ayaya's slot, but I like the way that Ser reacted when it was me, Panda, and her in the thread). Townlean on Uttumori, purely for Panda's and Trundles reactions to them, especially since Trundle was near useless anyway without his ability. Null on Zendal, though leaning towards town for the Apple vote when they left. Slight scum on Toads, and scum on Panda and Curry(don't feel like I've explained the last one, but running out of time). I will be on at EoN just incase **** goes down

Kirby, please post who you rb'd a few mins before EOD.

Given that Trundle claimed DT, Kirby sorta shifted away from confirmed town for me

- - - Post Merge - - -

EON*

I wil admit my play has been at about 50% this game and its because I have been having a rough time the past few months. I drive 3 hours on weekdays for clinical, get critiqued harshly, live alone, am now preparing 1000 things to move home, getting research approved, all while holding a server job because money. Ive been exhausted in every way possible, but thankfully I only have one more week of clinical! I don't want your pity cards by any means, but if you think my effort has been different, its because I have other things happening and couldn't devote as much energy as other games and I am no quitter.

With irl AtE out of the way, this game is far from over and I refuse to be mislynched simply because theres a lot of claims and no one wants to stand up to all these "more experienced" people. This new swell of sus on me really makes me not trust anyone and makes me question all these claims even more. If apple was able to have some inkling that his detective claim would hold true and commit like he did to it, I think he did it because one of his scum buddies already had claimed and was successful. I'm looking more in to these claims now and will post about each person no matter what.
Lots of reads have changed while looking back for the past hour or so, but after having the whole Apple ordeal and now seeing my death about to happen, I had to really look back on everything rather than keep just going with the flow.

xCleb - You and abe are kind of in the same boat to me. I feel like you put up such a front and drive the conversation in such a way that no one ever questions you. They just take what you say as true and town-read you. Nothing you have said really can be confirmed, but I feel like everyone is just accepting it. I would have to ISO your posts and context more, but you feel less fishy than some of the others.

Dolby - god, your "performance" EoD 1 was really terrible tbh. Between demanding Kermit's role so quickly when they came back when no one would vote for them anyway, being the most outspoken to lynch Ayaya/Zendel, but then agreeing to lynch qwerty on the basis "as long as it wasn't kirby", all just seems like absolute crap. I don't know why people are townleaning you, but I think its because your good enough to blind them after the fact.
Dolby said:
If Qwerty flips town, I hate you all for the resistance I've had to fight through to try to get Ayaya/Zendal up
Dolby said:
And we know that your wagon is pretty much confirmed town/jester now, and mine easily can be scum
Dolby said:
Flip back to Zendal now. All of you

Seroja - I never had a problem with Ayaya in the first place, Seroja now feels very town-seroja too so I have no qualms with her. Look back at other reads for why I thought ayaya was town

Zendel - they started out sus to me, then probably realized they needed to get their act together and had someone tell them how to do better, but now have slipped up again. I have questioned them a few times about their sketchy posts like this:
Zendel said:
I realized that, I'm not absolutely share about everyone.

I feel like I need to look at Uttumori, Apple, Kat, Abe and maybe Panda more.

I've found empathy with everyone because I've been in those situations before.

Ayaya = Tired and getting ready to go to sleep so her post on her reads wasn't as good but I still felt like she should have put more effort in.

Curry = I'm not entirely empathizing with him because he still posts, there just isn't enough content in them that seems helpful. I want him to be more active before making a conclusion because I don't know how much his personal life is mixing with his quite playstyle.

You = I forgot to add gray to your name because I'm feeling less and less suspicious of you as time goes on.
This was after they had 3 scum lens after day 1, and their response was dismissive at best. Their posts looking back now feel like they are trying to recreate their town posts from other games in order to keep passing by. in those 3 scum leans they actually were really empathetic to each one too, which just seemed really weird. Like they knew they HAD to scum lean someone falsely, but didn't really want to do it. I've come to conclusion I believe he is fake this game and should be pushed more frequently to see if they crack.

Endless - you always pride yourself on "I play the exact same as town and mafia" so I can fully see you being scum at the end of this. Just because you can string together concepts of the game seemingly well, doesn't mean everyone should just believe you. I feel like there is higher chance other people are scum than you, I still wouldn't leave out as a possibility.

Byngo - claimed Jester, but you were legit trying on Day 1. It seems really farfetched to me that you would go through all the trouble day one to come across as townie by adding good content, if you knew you needed to be lynched at some point.
byngo said:
coming back with a clear head has helped me see some things. i realize now it was probably naive of me to set kirby as town. kats last minute flips between qwwerty and zendel is noteworthy

also with day 1 scum lynches occurring very rarely, i can't help but feel maf had something to do with qwertys lynch

Does this sound like someone who knows they need to be lynched to win? no. Then you got the ayaya oracle read. If you were jester, why not lie about it? Then we lynch ayaya and you get lynched for being anti-town. If you were actually jester this would make sense, not to mention what I would do with the role. None of what you are doing and have done acts like you are the jester, but if you are mafia and knew somehow that jester claim could help keep yourself in the game at that point I can understand all the other work you have put into the game so far.

Kirbystarship - claimed role blocker. Honestly this is the claim I believe the most. It came because pressure of lynching, I've never seen him more focused in a game before tbh, I think he got a Blue role and realizes the importance of it. I misread his compliance to appease everyone at the start for scummy, but I feel like it was because he didn't want to get lynched for dumb reasons.

Brijade07 - got that new town scent so bad

Uttumori - literally nothing she does is town-helping. Caosting, defensive, supremely null reads as a result of this. I feel like if you are scum then you are taking a backseat to some of the more vocal players on your team. I would bet you are scum over any fake-claiming, but since your posts are few and far between I don't think you are as big of a threat as the possibility of Kat or Dolby or someone.

Curry - probably town based on the way they are leaving this game

Arstotzkan - claimed unlyncher on byngo the jester.... all this seems really convenient if it is true. Also
Kat before starting the game said:
Make me unlyncher pls zircon is my queen

sign me up fam
and going with my theory of mafia has some pool of claims to choose from, seems if she had her choice this would be what she wants to use as her claim. Again just seems WAY too convenient for something not to be up with all these claims. Also saying things like this to reinforce the claims before revealing her own makes me think she and whoever want us really bad to just believe them.
Kat said:
Reason Im treating it as heavy town is bc since we have role names, that **** is unique, and I dont think hes smart enough to claim looking for counter-claims (and if he was theres better roles to claim to get that so). Also the vote on Qwerty I dont think hed do as scum.
Also not once, did you even mention Byngo... I know probably trying to stay elusive, but if it was me and my survival depended on people believing my role, I woulda peppered in some random questioning of them day 1.

PandaDarling - Panda is intermittent at best and when they are here it doesn't have any content and scum hunting just feels hollow. If we are believing these claims too its quotes like this
Panda said:
ya im more Zendel than Qwerty but im still not comfortable with either to be honest.
that look suspicious to me. IF she was faced with both her scummates being lynched she wanted to try to get the lynch off of them, but didn't want to come off too active to lynch anyone else. And if you look at lots of her posts, it seems like scum hunting, but honestly her posts just seemed to have the intention of making someone look scummier
panda said:
and you're worried about seeming scummy ?
panda said:
and she hasn't voted....... grrr...... uh.... i dunno.... and i don't like Sensai's 'No Lynch' vote.

when we needed people to make decisions on end of day 1, she wavered back and forth on so much, brought up other people, and seemed to be trying to distract from actually helping town one to a conclusion.

KermitTea- claimed Vigilante who killed Yzanda. I was horrified to see this honestly, its such a bad pick if you are town-aligned. You could've killed Zendel who had high suspicions end of day 1, Dolby for leading a lynch then backing out from Qwerty until the last second, but you picked a newbie who hadn't even posted. I call bs. However, if you're goal is to survive until the end, I feel like the quickest way to do that is to take out threats for mafia. Then mafia can kill more to lead to an early game, rather than letting town and mafia fight it out for a long time and you get killed in the crossfire. Its posts like this
Kermit said:
probably mogyay

I know that came out of nowhere but I don't have good feelings about her

or toads because of his reads list where he put me as townleaning where nearly everyone else has me as scum or null
he would only actually know I'm town because he's maf
that stick out to me, they were so out of wack. Picking mog was a strange choice at the time, and I'm inclined to believe you might be lying about yzanda (just tried to spellcheck to uganda again...) and maybe did the kill on Mogyay. You didn't want people to believe you're were helping mafia so you could get in good with town, then maybe switch sides later if you needed to.

So overall I'm hedging bets on mafia having some way of knowing what claims can and cannot work, that leading to the Unlycher/Jester thing, and psychopath kermittea basking in all that glory. I also believe someone else is a vigilante out there and that kill will be used like tonight. I think there are people out in the open trying to play into the town, have some intentions hidden for the sake of lasting long or try to set up something to last for the long haul. I also don't like how the flow of this whole thread has been dominated by a few certain people, it makes me really uneasy that we've just been going along with whatever others bring up. However, after watching the train wreck of last thread, I'm not surprised its is happening tbh. I've played victim to it so far, but I'm fed up with it at this point.
Yeah I feel like I'm calling out a lot of people, but I think some of these things needed to be said, if I had to guess remaining scum I would put money on (Kat/Byngo claims leading to something) (Dolby/Zendel having one of them) (One of Panda/Uttumori), I will be looking at reactions to all this in order to see who I would vote for starting day 3

Also looking back at this post it feel like a lot of word-vomit and pent up thoughts and feelings towards being so relatively passive in this game, I'm sorry... but this is the first time I haven't been completely drained from life to collect all my thoughts

100% town:
kermit (vig)
endless
kat (ik she's not actually town, however is harmless tbh)
seroja

town leans:
bri
kirby (rb?)
zendel
uttu

null:
dolby
curry
cleb

scum leans:
panda
toad

the nulls im tossing around in my head. wanna see who gets lynched, and what they flip tomorrow cuz i think that would help me with atleast 2 of those nulls

- - - Post Merge - - -

Byngo - claimed Jester, but you were legit trying on Day 1. It seems really farfetched to me that you would go through all the trouble day one to come across as townie by adding good content, if you knew you needed to be lynched at some point.

Does this sound like someone who knows they need to be lynched to win? no. Then you got the ayaya oracle read. If you were jester, why not lie about it? Then we lynch ayaya and you get lynched for being anti-town. If you were actually jester this would make sense, not to mention what I would do with the role. None of what you are doing and have done acts like you are the jester, but if you are mafia and knew somehow that jester claim could help keep yourself in the game at that point I can understand all the other work you have put into the game so far.

i figured this from u

if the game went how i had envisioned, people up to my lynch wouldn't have been sure if was scum or not. i was planning to slowly contradict myself, but not spectacularly so. i had planned to come up with a convincing looking maf chat slip to solidify my lynch towards eod

but salsa had to throw a wrench into my plans, and i didn't see how I'd pull off a lynch tomorrow tbh. if she's unlyncher (still fully believe her) than she'd be doing everything she can to keep me from getting lynched. i guess in hindsight i maayyybe could've stuck with my plan, but if i hadn't succeeded in getting lynched I probably would've either been a) investigated or b) shot by karen

- - - Post Merge - - -

ebwop: that day, not tomorrow

- - - Post Merge - - -

also ur overestimating me. claiming jester as maf would take major balls (balls i don't have : ) ) and id have to be on point like all the time

byngo said:
also ur overestimating me. claiming jester as maf would take major balls (balls i don't have : ) ) and id have to be on point like all the time

after this game, I do not think I will be betting anything on anyone's hypothesized balls and abilities

Kirby, please post who you rb'd a few mins before EOD.

Given that Trundle claimed DT, Kirby sorta shifted away from confirmed town for me

- - - Post Merge - - -

EON*

Will tell you who I blocked and sorry for no reads this night don't want mafia to try and guess who I roleblocked based on my reads.

@Toads Thanks god someone didn't automatically townlean me. I was watching all the townread with the internal dialogue of "I haven't done anything I wouldn't have done as mafia, don't townlean me, if you guys townlean me I die"

I'll drop a smattering of reads here as a guideline, not to be sheeped, before I assumedly die. (Also why I waited so long to post this.)

Townlock:
KermitTea - no psychopath claims the kill like that, it's entirely too risky with regard to night kills. (Do remember, psychopaths win on is survival, and shining a spotlight on themselves doesn't help that)
Kirby - the more I think about it, the weirder it would be for Kirby to play like that as mafia. He's basically confirmed town and you should probably treat him as such.
Seroja - oracle cleared AND bleeding town from content. What a decisively delicious combination.
Byngo - not town, but there's no scenario where Byngo isn't genuinely the jester here. Not worth pursuing ever.

Townleans:
Uttamori - interaction with trundle and panda suggests town. Everything people are pointing out against him are playstyle related. (Thanks zendel)
xCleb - great interaction with qwertie stands. Still don't much like his other content. Like, at all. Just based on his other content I'd have him scumleaned.
Toads - wildly obvious town toads. If he's fooling me, he's gotten wildly better. I really don't see that though. I find his thought process original and genuine. Sticking with this read.

Need to read up on, don't follow original reads:
Kat - Loved the way she cracked, but balance issues lead me to be increasingly skeptical of 2 third parties in the game.
Brijade - Be honest, who last actually read anything she posted? Her last reads list was revoicing things other people had already said.
(Side note: Brijade, anything you don't understand completely, just aggressively ask us to explain in thread. It's nothing but protein to clarify, so don't worry, you're not wasting anyones time)
Curry - super hard to read cuz of the pressure he's under. Hopefully his replacement starts posting soon.
Zendel - Still don't think he's mafia, but trundles messing with me from beyond the grave. Need to reread over him more thoroughly to allay my fears about the trundle play.
Dolby - I want to believe he's town, and as long as he continues pushing mafia, there'll be no reason to assume he's mafia. But I've seen people townread him and I'm being increasingly worried - he hasn't actually done anything he wouldn't do as mafia, in much the same way I haven't. Of course, I don't think there's any indication he is mafia, either. (I view his actions day 1 to be fine and on character for town him.)

Reasonably sure are mafia:
Panda - flip flopped during the qwerty lynch. Flip flopped during the trundle lynch. My hypothesis on the latter is she saw me state that defending trundle a little was a towntell if anything from seroja, and just dug her feet in and fought like a maniac. Sorry that I've only got 1 scumlean for you, but hey, here ya are, it's kinda a strong one.

bvv2We7.jpg

“I hadn’t always been the person I am right now. I used to be idealistic, with eyes full of hope, and of course, loyalty for the diamonds. It was just me and topaz 2, and when we fused I was really unstoppable. I was powerful, I was strong, I had the utmost confidence in all my abilities. No one was the boss of me.

Until...I started working directly under the Diamonds. They controlled my every move; what I said, what I worked in, my missions. It was terrible petty work, but it was my unbreakable loyalty towards the diamonds that kept me unshattered. One day in particular I got a mission for Earth, that is when things got really crazy.

I met a human, he goes by the name of Steven. He taught me I was my own being. Deserving of freedom. I was changed, something awakened within me. But the Diamonds forced me to fight him. I feel gratitude towards Steven for teaching me things, and a little loyalty for my Diamond, so I can’t choose a side. I never wanted to choose a side, I just wanted to be ME and do what I wanted not being forced or coerced in order to repay a debt.

I stopped caring. I wished to be shattered. But shattered by my hands only, as my own decision, not someone else. I guess my dreams won't be fulfilled. What was I thinking, me??? Getting to make my own decisions??? Getting happiness??? Not happening in this world I guess.

Enough with the flashbacks, back to the future. Somehow the diamonds figured out I lost my loyalty, and I’m getting shattered by them. When I was shattered, I always wanted to be at peace, which I am not rig-”

“Enough with the monologuing, I have some rebels to defeat,” sneered a Diamond, with her lackeys laughing in the background.

And that she did.

Meanwhile at the barn Peridot, was tinkering with items. I wonder what I can send today, she thought, as she looked to the sky, at homeworld. Something was falling from the sky. I wasn’t unusal to have her broken gadgets to be thrown back to her for recycling. This was not one of her own gadgets. It was a wailing stone. Still, Peridot assumed it was from her friends on Earth and approached it. The Wailing Stone was rigged with bombs. Peridot would then shatter, all alone with no one to help.

Topaz (Byngo), did not die in they way she wanted

Peridot (xCleb), should be less trusting of foreign objects

Town remaining: ??/??
Mafia remaining: 3/5

Players remaining: 12/20
Mafia KP: 2

You have 48 hours to pick someone to be lynched.

Amanda1983 is replacing Brijade07

Lil Silver is replacing Curry

Last edited:
Back