• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What inspired your town name?

kirst

Bells
I struggled for a while to come up with a name for my town.
I eventually settled on 'Danville' because I used to watch Fairly Odd Parents when I was a little younger and the name just kinda stuck in my head.
Now, I hate it. I don't want to demolish my town though, so I'm just sticking with it.

Quite interested to know what other people names their towns, and how they came up with it :)

my town's name is lumira
i looked up 'light' in other languages (lum)
and added a suffix (ira)
sounds cute and fits almost any theme
it's a bit annoying how it kinda rhymes w/ my name but it's okay

a tip for town names:
look at words in different languages, say them, and try and extend the word with a made up suffix! it works like a charm

Last edited:
my town's name is lumira
i looked up 'light' in other languages (lum)
and added a suffix (ira)
sounds cute and fits almost any theme
it's a bit annoying how it kinda rhymes w/ my name but it's okay

a tip for town names:
look at words in different languages, say them, and try and extend the word with a made up suffix! it works like a charm

that's a really good idea, think i'll do that for my next town :)

My town name right now is Kakariko from the Legend of Zelda series. My previous town was "Home" and was inspired by a want of feeling home!

I reset a lot but most of my town names are just whatever I like at the time. A friend of mine always names her town GayRobot so my first town was BiViking to pair with her's. One of my other towns was called Heaven because I wanted to do a cute/fairy-tale angel theme.

My town's name is Villalba. I live in Collado Villalba (Spain) and people call it only Villalba. I use the same town's name since AC:WW, my first AC game. I'm so original... :p

Last edited:
my town is Twilight! Based off of Twilight Town from Kingdom Hearts 2 8)

Mine's called Oak Fog. I wanted to make my town forest/nature themed. I decided to really wanted the word Fog in my town name because I like the aesthetic it portrayed. Then I started combining it with a few words until I came up with Oak Fog, which I'm really happy with! :)

My towns name is HeeHee.

I wanted it to be cute but also unnerving. So basically, you can't tell if it's a good/happy "heehee" or a unsettling/creepy "heehee". I want people to second guess themselves.

"aoki" is japanese for something like "blue tree."
but in reality, it's named after the vocaloid aoki lapis.
i don't even like aoki lapis that much. i just thought aoki would be a cool name for a town. when it asked me to name my town i wanted to name it after a vocaloid, but i wanted it to sound good as a town name. and i wanted it to be subtle, so nothing like "miku" or "kagamine" or any of the more popular vocaloids. aoki appealed to me the most.

My town name is Ichigo, which means strawberry in Japanese.
I made my town whilst in Japan and I love strawberries. It all seemed to make perfect sense ^.^

pn?vma just sounds really nice and it's "spirit" in greek. thought it would be fitting for my theme

When the first Animal Crossing game came out, my favorite manga was Paradise Kiss so I thought Paradise would be a fitting name for the kind of town I wanted to create. Every town since, in every game, has been named Paradise. I'm glad I chose something that isn't really tied to one thing but is still personal to me and it's just an apt name for my town and the game. If I had chosen something like Hyrule or Rivendell, it would've limited my town to one theme. I'll continue to name my towns Paradise in the future. I feel like with each new game, the town of Paradise is getting renovated.

Darien is based on the town I lived in when I first played animal crossing.

My town name is Heradura after the town I got to in Spain each year, La Herradura. I've always had it as that since I first got WW haha! There aren't enough letters to spell it correctly which annoyed me at the time, but oh well.

I wanted a name that combined two nature-y things, so I did a lot of experimenting with words like "river," "water," "acorn," "clover," etc. as prefixes and "-dale," "-glade," "-by" as suffixes and eventually settled on Mistvale because it sounded pretty and met the 8 character max requirement hehe

It's a bit cheesy but I like it still ;)

Genghis is based on the legend of Genghis Khan.

Last edited:
It's named 'New York' because that is the state I live in. Maybe lacking originality lol, but I like it

When I first got Wildworld, my town name was "Birdhome" as in Birdhouse, because I was in a car and looking around at objects to come up with inspiration.

I eventually got tired of that and completely reset it to Teatime, i thought it had the same cute/dainty feel-- plus it began with a T the same as my name, plus tea is delicious!

Back