What inspired your town name?

I was buying a jacket online while resetting and I'm unoriginal as heck, thus Zara was born.

i find this so funny wow

- - - Post Merge - - -

My current town is named Lialyn bc i wanted something that sounded pretty!

I was originally thinking about naming it Liatris but opted out bc it's the name of a pink flower, but my town theme this time was yellow autumn forest

So after messing around with a generator for a while i found "lyn" to be a cute suffix so I slapped that on to my previous idea and bam

lialyn

(yes that was boring i kno forgive me)

I'm a casual Legend of Zelda fan who, sadly, can never find time to invest in playing the games anymore :(
Anyway, I remembered reading about the old Gameboy LoZ game, Link's awakening, which took place on an island called Koholint, that had a village there populated by talking animals. So I decided on Koholint for my town

Westerly: The name of my hometown in Southern Rhode Island
Granada: Named after the ITV station for North West England; they produce the long-running soap Coronation Street
New York and Orlando: Just came up with both on a whim

Whoville: because I wanted to build a Doctor Who themed town and, as a Kindergarten teacher, I'm also a huge fan of Dr. Seuss.

My town name is Eden. It comes from Gan Eden (the Garden of Eden) in the Bible.
I wanted my town's name to mean paradise but didn't want to use the word "paradise", because I thought it was too cliche and cheesy and I wanted a name in Hebrew. So I used the name of the Biblical paradise.

My town is called Ereta because it's actually a name of a town I made, for like a story.
Ereta is not the best town, not a nice town its turns out to be in animal crossing. My story of Ereta has a very over protective and dangerous lord who never allows anyone to leave or go into the town of Ereta. The way he keeps people in and away is having guards, with electronic weapons, these guards aren't human, and cover their faces with masks. That's pretty much it at the moment. I just love my name Ereta, and it was something easy to say and write.

Also my wild world town name was called Plasma, mainly cause it sounded cool and it probably came from pokemon black and white.

Last edited:
My town and character(s) names are from The Selection series.
I was bored one day resetting my town because I didn't like the layout and so I was sitting there trying to come up with a name. I wanted something fandom related but was sure what, then I got on pinterest for ideas and saw stuff for The Selection so I decided on Ill?a for my town and Eadlyn for my Mayor :)

my town name is aincrad which comes from the name of the game world in sword art online lmao

Last edited:
Highwind: I got my name from the recurring last name from Final Fantasy. Well, I also love dragons and most Highwinds use dragon themed skills or use dragon armor.

Pandora: I named my town in Wild World after the planet in Avatar. That movie was in theaters at the time and I kind of regret it.

I named my town "Edelwood" after watching Over the Garden Wall
Before it was "Konoha" 'cause one of my favourites manga/anime is Naruto

My town name is Bliss. I made the town after a break up and just an overall bad time so I wanted my town name to be a reminder of being happy and peaceful.
Before that if was Lorule after the Zelda game Link between worlds.
If I ever remake my town it's going o be Eos after Final Fantasy 15 because I'd do a town based off the game with the mayor being Luna.

StTropez. It fits within the 8 character limit and it reminds me of my old home town. ;)

We have a bunch of inside jokes with our british friend, so now I'm Queen of England.

Well I have four towns, so...

Bunifrey: this one was made as a memorial town for my bunny, Princess Bun Bun McCloud. My hubby made it up by mixing Bun and Gallifrey (because I'm also a big Whovian).

Oeilvert: named after an area in Final Fantasy IX. Daguerreo is still my top pick, but one too many letters.

Gilead: named after Roland's hometown in The Dark Tower, and I am officially OBSESSED with that series.

Nibel: named after the main area in Ori and the Blind Forest.

Well, I named my character Binky so it was only fitting to name my town Barns. You know, Binky Barns, from Arthur.

Well, I named my character Binky so it was only fitting to name my town Barns. You know, Binky Barns, from Arthur.
That is amazing xD

Mines called Joyville because that is the name of my moms town on AC;CF which was the first animal crossing game I played

Back