• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Great song suggestions

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
I am looking for more music to listen to! I haven't been discovering much music lately. As odd as it sounds for a while, I kind of just stopped listening to music...

I will listen to anything really.

But I wont listen to k-pop I cannot understand any language other than English.

No death metal, I like rock music, but if the song just contains screaming, I wont listen. It just depends on the band mostly, there are few all screaming songs I like. Such as this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nl_ttX031Y

My best most memorable summer ever, which was the summer right before my senior year started, all I listened to is alternative, grunge, and anything on the 90s music radio.

I am a person who comes from a father who is a musician! PLZZZ THROW SOME GOOD DRUMMING AND BASS LINES MY WAY

Don't be afraid to comment rap either. Just no fetty wap, migo, 21 savage garbage please. I DO NOT LISTEN TO MAINSTREAM RAP. Mumble rap = JUST NO

Last edited:
Check out the Expand Your Music Taste thread sticky? Also you're being a bit to specific here I think, but good luck!

Favorite group, favorite album
image.jpg

But how will you be able to hear and type out the song, Helen?

Last edited:
That made me laugh so hard omg. And I didn't see the thread. It was probably right in front of my face as usual, and I skipped.

I'm really specific though because some genres give me headaches. I'm not totally sure why but its been that way since I was a kid.

if you have a spotify account (you can get a free one with ads) they have a feature called 'discover weekly' where they give you suggestions for music based on your listening habits. I've discovered a lot of cool stuff through this!

That made me laugh so hard omg. And I didn't see the thread. It was probably right in front of my face as usual, and I skipped.

I'm really specific though because some genres give me headaches. I'm not totally sure why but its been that way since I was a kid.

Yeah, so am I. I purposely avoid some music (especially 90s-modern fast food music) but since you seem to listen to quite a lot and then all sudden go "i dont want this but that" it's a bit hard to list you stuff lol

Yeah I see where you're coming from. The two types of music I cant stand is the new mumble rap and heavy death metal. Death metal takes extreme talent but it gives me horrible headaches if it is one song full of screaming. Mumble rap just dumbs down society.

I don't support any mumble rappers due to lack of talent and creativity.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. The two types of music I cant stand is the new mumble rap and heavy death metal. Death metal takes extreme talent but it gives me horrible headaches if it is one song full of screaming. Mumble rap just dumbs down society.

I don't support any mumble rappers due to lack of talent and creativity.

Yeah not a fan of either of those. Generally I'm a 60s-70s folk, folk rock, psychedelic/rock person aka. old hippie music and that stuff. I hate when people try to recommend me anything neo-folk/neo-psych because they think I will like it because I like oldies. Sure there are some good but when people try to force stuff on me, no.

Also I can't stand cheesy 80s synth rock.. ugh

I've been listening to Toby Keith "I Love This Bar" and "Trailerhood" a lot. Very fun catchy country.

I LOVE MUSIC SO HERE GOES
- young the giant's self-titled album contains alt-rock masterpieces like 'I Got', 'Cough Syrup', 'My Body' and 'St Walker'
- young the giant's 2016 album "Home of the Strange" serves BOPS from start to finish with heavy-bass rock like "Jungle Youth" and "Home of the Strange"
- the 1975's self-titled debut album deluxe edition is flawless. Hits like 'Chocolate' and 'The City' are timeless and 'jams' in every sense of the word. other, more heartfelt tunes like 'Me' and 'You' are immersive and evoke so many emotions
- the 1975's new album "i like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it' (paragraph album title?) contain for techno and radio-friendly songs like "UGH!' and "Love Me" but also bring in some seriously saddening ballads like "she Lays down" and also a unique fast song with an emotional theme called "Loving Someone"
- Lana Del Rey's album "Ultraviolence" panders to the darker side of things, as she conveys emotion of heartbreak and longing, and "Black Beauty" and "Money Power Glory" execute this perfectly. "west coast" is a little less sad and creates an indie-soft rock vibe
- two door cinema club's album "tourist history" makes me feel alive, in songs like "Undercover Martyn" and "Cigarettes in the Theatre". its a unique take on alternative vibes with techno beats. It's magnificent

sry about that i just am rly passionate about music

Back