• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what's your favorite acnl hobby?

Frosteas

Bells
Orange (Fruit)
hihi everyone~ I thought it might be nice to create another community post where everyone can discuss some of their favorite things to do in acnl! some examples are diving, fishing, catching bugs, etc.

personally, I've always loved fishing the most! that feeling when I see a big fin in the water and my heart beats a little faster is the best~ it's a great way to make some pretty quick cash too ^^ a lot of fish sell really well~

anyways, what are some of your favorite hobbies? do you have any funny or nice stories related to it? I'd love to hear what you guys like to do most in the game!

I like making a walkway all around town, and filling all the empty space in my town with landscaping. Right now, I have fenced off orchards that look really nice, and I'm working on filling all the empty space in my town with jacob's ladders. Minus moving in the new set of villagers I want that fit the theme of my town, my town is pretty much finished. I have a second town now (third if you count my farming town) which I also can't want to landscape like crazy.

Decorating my houses. I spend so much time trying to create fun, unique rooms. I even think about decorating while I'm at work. My newest room is a bank called Nook's loans. I love how it turned out.

Shopping and browsing the shops. I love walking around and aeeing whats for sale. I am a horrible impulse buyer in ACNL.

I enjoy fishing! I also get worked up when I see a fin. I always mess up when I'm trying to catch a shark, so I have to remember to just breath haha! I also really like landscaping, it's a good feeling once everything starts to come together.

I like gardening the most and spend part of the day moving plants around, trying to breed hybrids, checking what the villagers are planting etc. I find it very relaxing.

Landscaping and playing Desert Island Escape are my two favourite things. I go through periods of booting up pretty much only for the minigame. The advanced levels can take a good half hour to complete, so it's a nice way to spend an evening IMO.

My favourite things in game are planning out public works projects and landscaping as well as talking to villagers. For me, it's very relaxing since it gives me something to do which doesn't take much brain power and I enjoy building friendships with my villagers because I like to see how my friendship with some of them has developed over time. I see browsing the shops and other things on main street more as a chore, and I hate having to go to the post office to withdraw money personally.

I love chit chatting with the villagers and running errands for them. I also really like fishing & bug catching.

I enjoy going to the island and fishing for sharks/high selling fish.
It's fun catching them all myself and feeling proud on how well I did with the fishing as a whole.
A great reason why I like to gain bells by myself.

Fishing, walking around town with coffee, talking to villagers and writing them letters. Collecting shells to sell at retail. Working on landscaping and feeling proud of areas I'm done with (landscaping is less so overall but still okay). Room decorating when I feel like it. Sometimes diving but pushing a all the time gets old.

Back