• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why you keep playing?

I keep playing because it's unlike any other game I've played before. As a kid I liked to play The Sims 1-3,, but once they started adding all the expansion packs and stuff it lagged so much and completely lost my interest for it. This game not only fulfills my "need" to decorate houses, but it also has other elements for when I don't feel like decorating. Like the Sims had work and other stuff but I felt like I had to deal so much with them going to the bathroom, sleeping, eating etc instead of actually playing. Thankfully they don't make us worry about that stuff in this game! Haha. I love catching bugs, landscaping, breeding flowers, and making friends with my villagers. It just has something for every mood I'm in and I just love it!

The game helps me de-stress a lot! Talking to cute villagers, fishing, catching bugs, designing my house, and landscaping make me feel so relaxed. Also, it's kind of lame but I treat my villagers as actual friends; I see them everyday and talk to them everyday it wouldn't be kind of me to ignore them. Like what the others said, I'm pretty determined to finish my town (I started it like 2 years ago and it's still a WIP)

I stopped playing ACNL for more than a whole year, and I always wanted to go back to playing it but hesitated because I was scared of a fave moving out. One day I told my boyfriend this and he told me to just play it and whoever moved out, moved out. And believe it or not, no one moved out! I was so happy! (and surprised??) So this motivated me to keep playing it.

Right now my main focus is just working on making my town pretty and collecting furniture, also completing the art museum, because I have too many bells, and have quite a good amount of badges so there's really not much else for me to do than work on my town lol.

Last edited:
I stopped playing for a while but I keep coming back because it gives me a sense of familiarity and stability. No matter what's going in my life, I can always go back and see my neighbors. For a while, I had pretty much completed everything I wanted to finish in the game. My town was exactly how I wanted it and my homes were also nice but with the release of the new items, it gives me a reason to start collecting and redecorating again.

I keep playing because it's a huge stress reliever after a day at the office. And I like to breed hybrids in my town.

I suffer from depression and anxiety, so Animal Crossing is a great distraction from it all. Not to mention that it always me to have control and organization over something in my life. Plus the cute and happy villagers I have always bring me up when I am down, especially when they randomly send letters.

Back