• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Unpopular opinions

As much as qr towns are pretty and all I feel like it diminishes from the fun of the game. Accidentally scraping up paths, house placement issues, alignment problems...it just seems like such an easy way to induce stress on yourself. I used to have paths, but got rid of them after the update and dug up all my landscaping. I feel like letting the town be natural and carefree was the whole point of animal crossing, and I missed that. I do not regret it at all.

I think HHD helped acknowledge that Nintendo knows what people like to do with qr patterns on the ground, and it was a big step forward, but new leaf was simply not designed in terms of game mechanics for people to easily do qr related things. It's just not programmed to work with the player when it comes to that stuff.

If you can get it to work for you and you're happy, that's all that matters. But I myself do not miss the micromanaging. The series was never meant to create any kind of stress on the player, and I seeing people post and vent frustrations about pattern related things and town micromanaging makes me feel sad for them, as I feel they've forgotten that the game is just supposed to be about fun. HHD however is far more enabling and enjoyable for that kind of stuff.

Excessive time travelling makes the game boring. I know that for some it's necessary to have fun, but for me, it gets me bored of playing really fast when I don't have to wait for anything.

I'm not a fan of fairytale/pink/pastel/kawaii-towns. They may look good at first, but after a while, I just
get tired of them. I don't have a problem with people who like that kind of theme for their towns, it's
just nothing for me.

I never really liked the cherry blossom trees. Looks good for one or two days, but I start to hate them
on day 3. I'm happy when that time is over where these trees appear tbh.

I don't like bunny day. Never really celebrate it, it's my least favorite event in the game.

I'm not a fan of QR codes. I like towns where people used QR codes for making good looking ways, but I
don't like towns full of those QR codes. Especially fake water or grass paths looking ugly most of the time.

I'm not a fan of fairytale/pink/pastel/kawaii-towns. They may look good at first, but after a while, I just
get tired of them. I don't have a problem with people who like that kind of theme for their towns, it's
just nothing for me.

I never really liked the cherry blossom trees. Looks good for one or two days, but I start to hate them
on day 3. I'm happy when that time is over where these trees appear tbh.

I don't like bunny day. Never really celebrate it, it's my least favorite event in the game.

I'm not a fan of QR codes. I like towns where people used QR codes for making good looking ways, but I
don't like towns full of those QR codes. Especially fake water or grass paths looking ugly most of the time.

Absolutely. I was going to post about pastel patterns myself actually. It's strange because I love pastel colours like baby pink, but I guess 100% pastel leaves little contrast or definition to an image. Dark colours enhance lights, and lights define darks.

Most pattern made water/rivers don't look right in AC either. I think it's because these pseudo waterways are usually only 1 tide wide, and that looks too small?

I think it's extremely boring if everyone town looks the same, it's nice they're different towns. despite I don't like some myself

Last edited:
Back