• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has this ever happened to you? :o

I'm going to echo everyone else and recommend you visit a doctor. You mention your mother experienced similar things in her youth so it may be a possibility whatever is going on could be genetic. Or it could be a side effect of your medications. Do your best to ask as many questions as possible, the doctor is supposed to encourage discussion and questions about anything you take. Side effects are something many medical professions fail to discuss in detail with their patients.

If you dislike your doctor, please don't hesitate to see another doctor. If your current doctor keeps dismissing what you're experiencing or isn't taking your concerns seriously, that's a sign of a bad doctor (or at least an unprofessional one). Go with your gut and get another opinion from a different doctor. It will make a huge difference. You are in control of your health so take advantage of it. At least think of it as peace of mind even if nothing ends up wrong. You'll be glad you went. Your health is important.

Good luck! :)

Side effects are something many medical professions fail to discuss in detail with their patients.

If you dislike your doctor, please don't hesitate to see another doctor. If your current doctor keeps dismissing what you're experiencing or isn't taking your concerns seriously, that's a sign of a bad doctor (or at least an unprofessional one). Go with your gut and get another opinion from a different doctor. It will make a huge difference. You are in control of your health so take advantage of it. At least think of it as peace of mind even if nothing ends up wrong. You'll be glad you went. Your health is important.

Good luck! :)

Definitely this. People still seem to naively believe that doctor = person who knows all, when that's widely untrue. The amount of docs we've had contradicting one another is absurd. I'm sure much of that stems from some (possibly most depending on your country) doctors going strictly by the textbook whereas others take the individual into consideration as well as their own experience with past patients; the best approach in my opinion. These doctors are prepared to try what DOES work (given it's safe for you), not what SHOULD work according to their education. Countless people never get the medication they really need due to doctors like this.

Last edited:
Definitely this. People still seem to naively believe that doctor = person who knows all, when that's widely untrue. The amount of docs we've had contradicting one another is absurd. I'm sure much of that stems from some (possibly most depending on your country) doctors going strictly by the textbook whereas others take the individual into consideration; the best approach in my opinion. These doctors are prepared to try what DOES work (given it's safe for you), not what SHOULD work according to their education. Countless people never get the medication they really need due to doctors like this.

I know several people including my sister who just for endometriosis have been diagnosed with a million different things and their problems only got worse and worse, and doctors threw all sorts of medicines and diagnoses at them. In my sister's case they attributed all of her symptoms to her being overweight and she saw THREE different doctors because the problems persisted and finally she got a proper diagnosis. My other friend went to several doctors and one said it was cysts, another said ulcers and it took her ALMOST DYING at school for her to get a proper diagnosis, she literally got taken to a hospital and they called in several professionals and it took a gyno saying, "hey if she's hurting where her lady parts are maybe that's where the problem is" cause all the other doctors were looking in her intestines and stomach even though she had clearly told them where the pain was all the times she'd gone in. It's always smart to get different opinions especially if nothing is changing or you think you're doctor could be wrong, because it's very likely, they can easily miss something and misdiagnose you, and if stuff like this is happening it could be linked to other things you have going on that they aren't treating properly. I do hope you take our advise and do seek help because you deserve to be healthy!

Indeed! I once had to call an ambulance for my husband because he was in incredible pain and risking a burst intestine. The ambulance came quickly, and even the doctor was good, when we got to see him 5 HOURS LATER. The receptionists did not believe it was urgent and allowed countless others in first who were obviously not at immediate risk. It took him collapsing in the restroom to realise he needed attention ASAP. In the meantime? Oh yes, he got given some paracetamol. -_-

Going a little off track here, but point is that medical professionals are still human and very much liable to make mistakes and some even come across to me as very heartless, like they see suffering people so often they become numb to it. Or possibly some of them never cared in the first place. So when people say 'see A doctor' I'd add to that, 'see a GOOD doctor'. One who you feel LISTENS to you and is prepared to think outside of the black and white textbook a little bit.

This from the guy who believes vaccines cause autism

I never said that. I said that autism is noticed after one of those young-age vaccinations, so a potentially false link is made. The linked site had far more than just autism stuff on it. I don't know what to believe, but I do know that vaccinations contain harmful ingredients.

For the whole autism argument, autism is most commonly noticed at a young age, shortly after some vaccination. Humans being humans will make the link.

For me with vaccinations... you don't know what's in them.

http://deathbyvaccination.com/

- - - Post Merge - - -

By the way, linked page is very long and contains some distressing images.

Please don't take stabs at people in separate threads.

I would definitely visit a doctor. In middle school, I would randomly start to feel dizzy and it almost felt like I was fading out of reality. Things would slowly darken until I realized yes, I am in reality, and then I would slowly come back. It was terrifying and I had no idea how to explain it to my parents. It wasn't until fifth grade when I was heading out to Los Angeles where at the airport I was just sitting and then decided to take a walk around. I started feeling dizzy and collapsed to the ground, but I didn't black out. My mom, freaking out, then took me to the doctor where I had blood work done. No results back, there was absolutely no explanation.

I then finally found out that I was experiencing vertigo, which is when the crystals in your ears aren't functioning properly, causing you to feel dizzy. Now that I am just aware of it, I rarely experience it, and whenever I do start to feel dizzy, I just do a reality check and I'm good. I hope you can find out what's up and I hope something worse doesn't happen to you!

Back