• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever?

Jordon

Bells
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Have you ever just stopped playing for a month give or take? For no other reason than boredom?

Just curious?

I never stopped and I don't think I could... I just don't want to take the risk that someone of my favourite villagers would move out. Sometimes, I do get little bored, but I will visit my town every day no matter what. Just to make sure everything is okay.

Absolutely. I have restarted my game twice. I decided to download a brand new welcome amiibo version so actually this has been the third time starting over. I also get bored after a while... usually when my house is paid for and I can't put any more PWPs out. It is so much fun in the beginning when every fish and bug you catch is new and you can't wait for the next shop to open. I find there are so many little fun things I realize I had forgotten about when I start over.

yes, i have! i actually stopped playing for about a year at one point because i lost my sd card (and my town, basically, lol) but i was growing bored of the game a little bit

i started up again in 2016 with a new town and have played on and off every few weeks up until now :) there are ways to make sure you don't have any favorite villagers move out while you're away, so i don't worry about it often and just play whenever i have free time

I stopped for about a year or so then got back to playing because of the big update with a brand new town.

I've stopped a few times for a couple months usually. Though I usually reset when I come back. My current town has way too much valuable stuff so I'd have to drop off a bunch of items in my second town if I wanted to reset.

Oh my gosh, yes. I played consistently for 2013-2014, and part of 2015, then I took a break for maybe a year, and now I'm back to regular playing.

I quit playing for long periods of time pretty frequently. I've gotten my paths set so it doesn't bother me when people move in and out, which is nice. I hated having to check your town all the time or risk a villager moving to a terrible place in town.

I have had periods of not playing the GC, DS and Wii games but I always go back and check on my towns. Everyone is usually still there.

I only recently started playing NL so I'm full of enthusiasm for this one.

All the time, then I see other's pretty towns, screenshots and let's plays and then I want to play all over again. Vicious cycle, very vicious. lol

All the time, then I see other's pretty towns, screenshots and let's plays and then I want to play all over again. Vicious cycle, very vicious. lol

Haha that's the same reason I'm trying to stick to my current town. I want a pretty town that I can just pick up and play with! Just gotta remember to slap on the beautiful town if I choose to take a hiatus.

I've never "restarted" my town (I've always been the mayor of the town I have) but yes, I stopped playing a while back because I got bored. I wasn't even worried because I don't have any dreamies. (Villagers are all the same to me tbh) But then I heard about the amiibo update and got back into the game. (Didn't even know what amiibos were back then)

Oh yes. I've stopped for months before. I also can't tell you how many times I have restarted. But I always come back. I love Animal Crossing too much to stay away for too long.

and there is nothing like hearing the familiar theme music when you get back into it not playing for a long time.

I've stopped playing for months a few times, actually. Usually I just reset my town when I gain interest in the game again. I just recently started playing again after a few months of only starting up the game to make sure no one was moving.

Yes, I have. Either I become a bit bored with doing mundane daily tasks in game, or I get really busy with real life, and can't make time to play.

It's one of the reasons that I like that the game is in real time. When I come back from my "break" sometimes things have changed a bit due to the natural progression of the game.

I lost interest at one point and just stopped playing without really deciding to. That probably lasted 6 months before I started to want to play again. And of course I didn't have the guts to just jump back in after all that time, so I set the date to the day after the last time I played and went forward one day at a time. That was extremely tedious but I couldn't bear to lose any of my villagers.

Back