• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do when you "play with someone"??

Nanabells

Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
Apple (Fruit)
The only times I ever have company in my town is when I'm doing a trade and someone's doing a pick-up, or when someone is adopting one of my villagers. And the only times I ever visit someone's town is when I'm doing a trade and dropping-off items, or when I'm adopting someone.

I do host other mayors though, but in those cases, I let them run around in my town (shop in the Main Street, get signatures) while I work/ study/ do something else on my laptop.

So I'm curious, what do you actually do when you ask for other players to come play with you in your town? Do you just run around together, looking at your PWPs? Do you stroll by the beach? Do you go chat with the game's "chat-box"?

Make a grand tour of the town and the houses while talking using the in-game chat :)

Yeah pretty much what master.leor said. It's not fun since I only have so much time to play anyway, I want to actually get stuff done without having to type on the DS and walk around/watch the other person like a hawk to make sure they don't steal my flowers haha

Make a grand tour of the town and the houses while talking using the in-game chat :)

This honestly sounds really fun if it weren't for the fact that the letters are. so. tiny. And sadly, I don't think there's anything interesting to see in my town since I haven't gotten around to developing it that much yet.

This honestly sounds really fun if it weren't for the fact that the letters are. so. tiny. And sadly, I don't think there's anything interesting to see in my town since I haven't gotten around to developing it that much yet.

I know it's hard to type using the in-game keyboard haha I just probably gotten used to it over time xD Discord, sending vms, or skype are good alternatives. Noo I'm sure there's something interesting to see in your town or everyone's town no matter what :)

i take them for a tour of my town and just sort of chat!! its also fun to hit each other with tools and dig holes around each other and stuff like that. i also love the island tour games so sometimes we'll play those for like a solid hour

Mostly just trading. It'd be nice to have friends over and just have fun. Now I just need friends haha

I take super cute screenshots!!! sometimes we coordinate outfits and make little comic like strips with emoticons and stuff. when u string them all together they look super cute!!!

let them wander/shop around and maybe go on island tours

One of my friends and I occasionally visit each other in-game, and we just show each other around town. The visitor talks to villagers, goes shopping, checks out houses, etc., and sometimes we go and do tours on the island together.

go to the island and play a few tours that i like,, then maybe go fishing and chat for a bit, catch some island bugs n beetles and then say goodbye!:lemon:

I usually say Hi and tell them to have fun. Sometimes I do talk to them before they leave.
My guest town is an open town and I usually write the board by the train station.
Shop all stores, mark down who is in the RV, high turnip prices or premium fruit and all the items at the train station are free. Have fun.

I leave baskets of perfect fruit for my guests to take home. If it's high turnip price day or premium fruit I will keep an eye on the 3DS and watch for them to type please save. Or I'll just save so they don't lose their progress.

i take them for a tour of my town and just sort of chat!! its also fun to hit each other with tools and dig holes around each other and stuff like that. i also love the island tour games so sometimes we'll play those for like a solid hour

I'm not really that fond of the island tour games, but I guess I do want to try playing with another person. I'll probably take a shot at Club Tortimer one of these days.

Last edited:
I normally Skype with the person if we are close and we do errands in each other's towns and maybe go on the island and tour!

Mostly just trading. It'd be nice to have friends over and just have fun. Now I just need friends haha

Same here. I mostly just do trades whenever someone's over. I think I do have people I consider friends in the community, but I guess I'd feel awkward asking them to come visit without any reason.

I think the next AC game needs to improve the play-ability (I probably just made that word up) of multiplayer. There isn't a lot of stuff you can do playing with someone else that you couldn't do just by visiting their DA. Getting to the island and playing tours is kind of pain, and there isn't much other interactive multiplayer activities included in the game.

Back