• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Friendly Dream Reviews/Roast Me

MightyMunchlax

Bells
Cake
So, I have the desire to visit and help out some babs with their towns since I've been playing this game since launch and have a plethora of towns that I've designed, so if you would like me to nicely critique your town, leave me your DA below, and I'll be happy to give advice and helpful tips! Doesn't matter if your town is new and still developing or a fully landscaped veteran. I won't be rating them against anyone else's just giving honest advice on anything you want opinions on. I want to see them all because towns are a lot of hard work (I would know I have 5) and I think people can be unnecessarily harsh in their critiques sometimes and forget that people work really hard on their towns and may even be proud of them, and thus their reviews can be unhelpful and disheartening. Leave me any specific things you want me to look at and talk about, and I'll be happy to give my humble opinion.
However.
In return for my review, I have one small request: You have to visit my town and roast it. I have two DAs in my signature that you can pick from, and I want you to rip one or both of them to shreds. Give me your worst. The most creative roast will win some sort of prize that will be determined by that person. It can be anything in-game that they want.

So without further adieu, post those DAs, and happy roasting! :)
Gables
?lfheimr
Bluebell
Willow
7E00-0018-BB2C
6F00 005A E02C
Post your DA for me to review!

Current winning roast: cloverette

Last edited:
Hi. I'll happily visit both your towns tonight after work. :)

Gables is my newest town, so I'll post that one. Mary from a Secret Garden has an empty area below her house. It's going to be the garden. I'm clueless. I would appreciate any advice you can give. The area around dolly's house also needs help. She is a made up character and lives in a dolls house.

The rest of the town is very simple, but I like it so far. The houses have been so fun decorating. I hope you like them. 5F00-0010-89AF

Hi. I'll happily visit both your towns tonight after work. :)

Gables is my newest town, so I'll post that one. Mary from a Secret Garden has an empty area below her house. It's going to be the garden. I'm clueless. I would appreciate any advice you can give. The area around dolly's house also needs help. She is a made up character and lives in a dolls house.

The rest of the town is very simple, but I like it so far. The houses have been so fun decorating. I hope you like them. 5F00-0010-89AF
(This will be in no particular order just my thoughts as I go through here haha)
Okay, first of all, Wendell was near your plaza and your designs are freaking adorable. I love your town flag too. The lack of paths was a little confusing, but I kind of like how open it makes everything. I like the semi-circle of trees around the police station. And Heidi's house is cute. I like her upstairs bedroom and the little window!
I love the Nook Wanted posters omg that's hilarious. Even though there isn't like a path laid down, your trees and bushes are very neatly organized. Aww Mary is cute! I really like the wall and floor in her first room. I don't think I've seen those QRs before. The backroom is really pretty, but I'd maybe put some food items on the table to make it look a little more filled in. I like the old-fashioned dark theme of this house overall. I'm dying over the chicken and the axe in your right room! I like the maids doing all the house work and how it's like a common kitchen for an older wealthy family home. I really like all these QR walls/floors in this house. Some of the rooms seem a little empty, but I think given the period I think you're going for, some of the houses were a little emptier and had more empty space cause they didn't have as much clutter and junk like we do now lol.
I think for the space below her house you could maybe put some flower bed PWPs or maybe some statue fountains or a trellis as well as some combinations of flowers or maybe some grass/flower QRs. Get creative with your trees and bushes too.
Around Dolly's house I think pink and white flowers would match the theme, maybe carnations? Maybe also some pink and white azaleas and trees framing it.
Anne's house is cute. I love the wall in her main room. I like the red rosey theme. I think I have that blue flower wall in the left room saved somewhere. It's very pretty. I like how each room in all of the houses has a color scheme. It makes each room feel a little unique and fresh. I do think they could use a little more clutter, but maybe I've just become accustomed to cluttered rooms now lol. Packing as much stuff in as humanly possible. XD
I think it's off to a great start, and once you get it filled in a little more I think it will look really neat. I love the houses that you've done. I think Mary's is my favorite. When you make more progress or if you want any more opinions on different areas feel free to send me your DA again! I really enjoyed visiting! And have fun roasting my towns XD

Thanks so much for the review. I really like your ideas for the garden and Dolly's house. I'm still trying to get certain pwp suggestions from my stubborn villagers. Then I can start decorating the garden. Can't wait to visit your towns after work tonight. :)

Town of Ophylux.

I love the path, and the purple and gold roses around the towns tree. The trees and flowers are so neatly placed, and I love the colors you chose for each little area. My favorite area is the tree lined path in front of the coffee shop.

Ruby's house- The back room is precious. I have a Snow White home in my Joy town too. It's fun to see how different others decorate with the same theme. The left room is very unique. My favorite is the upstairs.

Phoebe's house- I love how you decorated around her house. Very pretty. My favorite rooms are the left and back room. Very nicely done, and the garden main room is so lovely.

Emily's house- The main room is perfect. I love it. I really enjoyed exploring this house. I love to see players mix and match furniture, and I can see that you had fun using the new updated items to really make each room special and unique. Great job.

Overall, beautiful town, and cute houses. Loved it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Town of Olympus.

I really like the grass paths, because they're so different than what I'm used to seeing, and they look great. I love dressing up as a sailer. So cute.The seashells added here and there are also a cute touch. The red and blue roses and blue and yellow roses really stand out. Looks great.

Aris's house- I was excited to explore this sailor girls house and you didn't dissapoint. I love all the rooms, especially the one in the back.

Poseidon's house- It's perfect. I love every room, especially the upstairs and left room.

My only complaint about this town is there only being two houses to explore.I enjoyed the two you have so much, I was wanting more.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely dream towns. They were both well worth the visit.

Last edited:
Town of Ophylux.

I love the path, and the purple and gold roses around the towns tree. The trees and flowers are so neatly placed, and I love the colors you chose for each little area. My favorite area is the tree lined path in front of the coffee shop.

Ruby's house- The back room is precious. I have a Snow White home in my Joy town too. It's fun to see how different others decorate with the same theme. The left room is very unique. My favorite is the upstairs.

Phoebe's house- I love how you decorated around her house. Very pretty. My favorite rooms are the left and back room. Very nicely done, and the garden main room is so lovely.

Emily's house- The main room is perfect. I love it. I really enjoyed exploring this house. I love to see players mix and match furniture, and I can see that you had fun using the new updated items to really make each room special and unique. Great job.

Overall, beautiful town, and cute houses. Loved it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Town of Olympus.

I really like the grass paths, because they're so different than what I'm used to seeing, and they look great. I love dressing up as a sailer. So cute.The seashells added here and there are also a cute touch. The red and blue roses and blue and yellow roses really stand out. Looks great.

Aris's house- I was excited to explore this sailor girls house and you didn't dissapoint. I love all the rooms, especially the one in the back.

Poseidon's house- It's perfect. I love every room, especially the upstairs and left room.

My only complaint about this town is there only being two houses to explore.I enjoyed the two you have so much, I was wanting more.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely dream towns. They were both well worth the visit.

Aww thank you so much! That's so nice! I'm glad you picked out the Snow White theme haha. Each room in Ruby's house is based off a different fairytale. ^^ Thank you so much for visiting!

check mine if u want. my extra characters are just for storage so their homes are.... empty

4E00-0055-E38A

check mine if u want. my extra characters are just for storage so their homes are.... empty

4E00-0055-E38A

So your plaza area is freaking gorgeous and I love it. I love the little circle ponds. You have some nice areas to the left of the plaza like around the campsite and the trellis. I like uniform flowers that line the paths too. Haha I just realized your side characters are all named Mule # that's funny. I super love the hot spring area it looks very nice. Seeing so much bamboo gives me anxiety cause I'm reminded of my zen town and having to go dig up all those stupid little sprouts the next day. XD
I'm in the mayor's house, and I like the tile QR you have in the bathroom. It looks really nice, like it's supposed to be a bathroom tile.
You didn't ask me about anything specifically to give advice on, but I really like your town overall. I really love the gray/mossy paths you have. I want to do a town with some like that, and I adore your water QRs and how you have them set up. Like I'm jelly. XD I didn't go in the mule characters houses cause you said they're just storage which is fine, I used to do that too lol. Thank you for letting me visit your lovely town!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can you review mine?
Town name: Bluebell
Dream address:
4A00-0055-722E
Mayor: Ellie

I got really excited when I first woke up cause there were a lot of presents and clothes. And I see your gray/green path, and I love those! I really like how you have your plaza framed with the water QRs and the stones and the roses. I usually like a uniform look to flowers, but I like the colors you've combined. OMG the cat face cut-out! I'm dead! It's so cute! Ellie's house is adorable. I love how bright and fun everything is! My only complaint is that it's a little empty in places, but otherwise it's really fun!
The town flag omg I can't breathe! Rosie is one of my faves! There's a black cat face cut-out! Black kitties are my faves! I feel like Tangy and Lolly's houses are a little hard to get to and seem a little secluded out in the corner of town. Maybe a path leading to them would make them seem more included. I really like how you box in flowers with the water path. The other two houses are super cute too! I really love all the kitty face cut-out signs. They're all super adorable, and I love all the cat villagers cause they're my faves. Overall your town was super cute, and I love the main paths that you used as well as the variety of paths that you have everywhere. I pick really complicated paths that require a lot of characters so then I feel like I don't have that many laid around, but your town was really sweet! I think I've seen you on tumblr as well, so hi lol! Thanks so much for letting me visit!

So your plaza area is freaking gorgeous and I love it. I love the little circle ponds. You have some nice areas to the left of the plaza like around the campsite and the trellis. I like uniform flowers that line the paths too. Haha I just realized your side characters are all named Mule # that's funny. I super love the hot spring area it looks very nice. Seeing so much bamboo gives me anxiety cause I'm reminded of my zen town and having to go dig up all those stupid little sprouts the next day. XD
I'm in the mayor's house, and I like the tile QR you have in the bathroom. It looks really nice, like it's supposed to be a bathroom tile.
You didn't ask me about anything specifically to give advice on, but I really like your town overall. I really love the gray/mossy paths you have. I want to do a town with some like that, and I adore your water QRs and how you have them set up. Like I'm jelly. XD I didn't go in the mule characters houses cause you said they're just storage which is fine, I used to do that too lol. Thank you for letting me visit your lovely town!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got really excited when I first woke up cause there were a lot of presents and clothes. And I see your gray/green path, and I love those! I really like how you have your plaza framed with the water QRs and the stones and the roses. I usually like a uniform look to flowers, but I like the colors you've combined. OMG the cat face cut-out! I'm dead! It's so cute! Ellie's house is adorable. I love how bright and fun everything is! My only complaint is that it's a little empty in places, but otherwise it's really fun!
The town flag omg I can't breathe! Rosie is one of my faves! There's a black cat face cut-out! Black kitties are my faves! I feel like Tangy and Lolly's houses are a little hard to get to and seem a little secluded out in the corner of town. Maybe a path leading to them would make them seem more included. I really like how you box in flowers with the water path. The other two houses are super cute too! I really love all the kitty face cut-out signs. They're all super adorable, and I love all the cat villagers cause they're my faves. Overall your town was super cute, and I love the main paths that you used as well as the variety of paths that you have everywhere. I pick really complicated paths that require a lot of characters so then I feel like I don't have that many laid around, but your town was really sweet! I think I've seen you on tumblr as well, so hi lol! Thanks so much for letting me visit!

Hi thank you so much for the review! And really tumblr? I feel like I might of had it some time ago, but it could have been a really long time ago xD
Though I do frequent reddit so maybe you saw me there. Anyways, I'm not sure I'm very good at roasting, but I'll be happy to give my honest opinion.

Olympus: In the town plaza, I really like the four grass pattern squares with the little water in the center, such a cute idea! The little path of sand dollar I really did not like though, but I think that was just me ( I prefers the shells on the beach area only). Moving. More to the left, I love your fountain area! The blue and white flowers really compliment it! Also really love the way you made the paths so manageable to get to places, it's easier to explore the town like this. The area where there's two benches , under the cafe, I would have preferred the path lead to them instead of to the cliff..it just feels like the paths ended abruptly. Then whole right corner after that with the rest area and the playground and Fountain, super cute! I really enjoyed it! I really wouldn't change anything else in the landscaping, because you do such a great beautiful job on it! On to Aris house, super cute as it is the outside part! I would have liked to see maybe blue roses on the outside or maybe some red and blue in the house exterior, since I was getting a nautical/ sea feel, but it's cute like that as well. This house confused me a little though because I was getting more old times theme in the main room, but then a modernish look on the right, top room. For the main room, very beautiful idea, though instead of the armored guards, I would replace with two beautiful statues or gallant statues, and the caladium wih a croton (just because it has a white pot that matches the corn plant across.

For the other house, I really loved it! I had not realized how cute the wallpapers and floorings were! Overall very pretty town, though I wish you would have added more gods not specifically pertaining to the sea.

Ophylix: I really love love this landscaping! Next to the plaza, though, I noticed where there's a hedge standee, it was really awkwardly placed in front of a cherry tree. The area next to it, super pretty! And the town sign, cute! Moving onto the retail area, the pattern right in front of it, looks incomplete, the area where the little river stream stops. Inside ruby's a house, I loved the gnome room, so much! ( I WANT IT) lol such a cute idea . The witch room was nice as well. The main room was nicely decorated and the ice room too ( though I personally don't like the sets)... the ice room stood out a bit too much and I thought it didn't fit much into the house idea. I like the upstairs too ( can you tell me the name of the basket next to the durian basket, I front of poogie Upstairs? I've never seen it). The basement was nice. Emily dress, did you make it? It's a cat! Also, love her whole house pretty much.
Phoebe house, I didn't like the exterior much. On the main room, pretty, but I would remove the beautiful statue, maybe replace with tree standee? Right room , super nice! I loved it. Upstairs cute as well ( what's the flooring there? ). I enjoyed this town more than Olympus.

That's pretty much what I have to say. Thank you so much for letting me visit your towns and for rating mine!
Also Please do not get upset by anything I had to say. Both towns of yours were quite nice to explore around. What I pointed out were mostly my opinions on what I saw around but don't feel the need to change anything, since everything was nice nontheless :blush:

Last edited:
Hi thank you so much for the review! And really tumblr? I feel like I might of had it some time ago, but it could have been a really long time ago xD
Though I do frequent reddit so maybe you saw me there. Anyways, I'm not sure I'm very good at roasting, but I'll be happy to give my honest opinion.

Olympus: In the town plaza, I really like the four grass pattern squares with the little water in the center, such a cute idea! The little path of sand dollar I really did not like though, but I think that was just me ( I prefers the shells on the beach area only). Moving. More to the left, I love your fountain area! The blue and white flowers really compliment it! Also really love the way you made the paths so manageable to get to places, it's easier to explore the town like this. The area where there's two benches , under the cafe, I would have preferred the path lead to them instead of to the cliff..it just feels like the paths ended abruptly. Then whole right corner after that with the rest area and the playground and Fountain, super cute! I really enjoyed it! I really wouldn't change anything else in the landscaping, because you do such a great beautiful job on it! On to Aris house, super cute as it is the outside part! I would have liked to see maybe blue roses on the outside or maybe some red and blue in the house exterior, since I was getting a nautical/ sea feel, but it's cute like that as well. This house confused me a little though because I was getting more old times theme in the main room, but then a modernish look on the right, top room. For the main room, very beautiful idea, though instead of the armored guards, I would replace with two beautiful statues or gallant statues, and the caladium wih a croton (just because it has a white pot that matches the corn plant across.

For the other house, I really loved it! I had not realized how cute the wallpapers and floorings were! Overall very pretty town, though I wish you would have added more gods not specifically pertaining to the sea.

Ophylix: I really love love this landscaping! Next to the plaza, though, I noticed where there's a hedge standee, it was really awkwardly placed in front of a cherry tree. The area next to it, super pretty! And the town sign, cute! Moving onto the retail area, the pattern right in front of it, looks incomplete, the area where the little river stream stops. Inside ruby's a house, I loved the gnome room, so much! ( I WANT IT) lol such a cute idea . The witch room was nice as well. The main room was nicely decorated and the ice room too ( though I personally don't like the sets)... the ice room stood out a bit too much and I thought it didn't fit much into the house idea. I like the upstairs too ( can you tell me the name of the basket next to the durian basket, I front of poogie Upstairs? I've never seen it). The basement was nice. Emily dress, did you make it? It's a cat! Also, love her whole house pretty much.
Phoebe house, I didn't like the exterior much. On the main room, pretty, but I would remove the beautiful statue, maybe replace with tree standee? Right room , super nice! I loved it. Upstairs cute as well ( what's the flooring there? ). I enjoyed this town more than Olympus.

That's pretty much what I have to say. Thank you so much for letting me visit your towns and for rating mine!
Also Please do not get upset by anything I had to say. Both towns of yours were quite nice to explore around. What I pointed out were mostly my opinions on what I saw around but don't feel the need to change anything, since everything was nice nontheless :blush:

No, no thank you for your input! Olympus is meant to be very sea themed which is why I tried to stick to blue/ocean type themes. The main room in Aris's house is meant to be the peak of Mt. Olympus hence the cloud flooring and summit wall, but there are a few things about it that I still want to tweak. And the path that goes between the benches is actually meant for if you're wearing a wetsuit, you can jump off the cliff there into the water.. Maybe I'll include one nearby next time. Yeah the whole area near Aris's house used to just be flowers, but I've since added stuff. I may end up redoing it lol cause it is a lot of flowers. I don't remember how many PWPs I have in that town right now, so I'll have to see what I can put there.
I actually haven't landscaped Ophylix in a long time. It's been pretty set since I did it initially, but the update you went to actually doesn't have the 4th character I made recently, and I'm changing the landscaping near the waterfall where the picnic blanket was (cause that's where I put her house) so I may look at some other areas too. And the Re-tail area is unfortunate because of the space for the door lol. I hate that doorways need a clear space. And Ruby's house is actually meant to encompass several different fairytales. Hansel and Gretel (main room is meant to be the candy cottage the witch lures them to), the left is an evil witch's lair, right is a tribute to Elsa/Snow Queen, back room is Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs (which I need to add gems too), downstairs is Belle's library, and upstairs is Moana. The basket in front of the durian basket is actually just the brown pot customized to the mesh coloring I believe. I didn't make Emily's dress haha. It's a QR code I found, I can find it for you if you want. I think there's a black option as well. For Phoebe's house I'm in the process of remodeling a lot of the rooms cause I'm not super happy with them. Most of them I did before the welcome amiibo update, and decided to change them for this update cause I wasn't quite happy with them, and I'm still not super happy with them, so I'm working on them lol. The flooring in the upstairs I believe is the palace tile. Her bathroom is like the only one that I'm content with in that house lol. And maybe the right and left rooms. Ophylix is older than Olympus hence why it's a bit more developed. It's actually the first NL town I ever designed cause I've had that town since launch. Thank you so much for your feedback! ^^ I'll look into some of the things you pointed out cause most of them are things I'm not super happy with either, so I'm glad to have another opinion on them.
Also for Tumblr I just feel like I've seen your town before, but maybe it's someone with the same name. You have Cat Isle as well, right?

Last edited:
Ohh why not!! But be nice though haha, I did pour my heart into it. ;) I need to figure out the flowers. It was hard to figure out how to arrange them without being too repetitive, and also not clash too much. So I would love to hear some ideas!

5C00-0057-FCBC

I am going to visit yours now and update my post once I'm back. :D

Ok so I visited Ophylix and I am slightly offended that you are making us try and say bad things about it. So now I am just questioning your character. Also Pango is a dreamie? Ew idk why you'd let that thing in your town.

Now I am in Olympus and I'm standing at the caution sign by the wind turbine. Like what am I watching for? Definitely unnecessary. Maybe if there was a pitfall to fall in, or a famous mushroom to eat and then make sure I don't hit my head on the turbine when I grow? But right now I'm just hoping that maybe I won't get a bug bite or something in this field of daisies. Anyway moving on... to the kids park. It is located way too close to the picnic area. You want to be able to enjoy your picnic without hearing a bunch of children screaming. Oh I found that pitfall! Thanks for that, all I was trying to do was find some peace and quiet by the waterfall. X.x .... And now I've just met Rod. Is that a diaper on his head?? Ew take it off. Now I'm at the beach. How many chocolate coins do you have? You need to start learning a little more about other countries and help send poor Gulliver to the right place.

That's all I got hahaha your towns are both amazing and the houses are soo detailed and perfect. I literally meant none of what I just said. XD

Last edited:
I will get back to doing these tonight, so if you want me to visit post your DA! Also feel free to roast me even if you don't want me to visit your town!

Ohh why not!! But be nice though haha, I did pour my heart into it. ;) I need to figure out the flowers. It was hard to figure out how to arrange them without being too repetitive, and also not clash too much. So I would love to hear some ideas!

5C00-0057-FCBC

I am going to visit yours now and update my post once I'm back. :D

Ok so I visited Ophylix and I am slightly offended that you are making us try and say bad things about it. So now I am just questioning your character. Also Pango is a dreamie? Ew idk why you'd let that thing in your town.

Now I am in Olympus and I'm standing at the caution sign by the wind turbine. Like what am I watching for? Definitely unnecessary. Maybe if there was a pitfall to fall in, or a famous mushroom to eat and then make sure I don't hit my head on the turbine when I grow? But right now I'm just hoping that maybe I won't get a bug bite or something in this field of daisies. Anyway moving on... to the kids park. It is located way too close to the picnic area. You want to be able to enjoy your picnic without hearing a bunch of children screaming. Oh I found that pitfall! Thanks for that, all I was trying to do was find some peace and quiet by the waterfall. X.x .... And now I've just met Rod. Is that a diaper on his head?? Ew take it off. Now I'm at the beach. How many chocolate coins do you have? You need to start learning a little more about other countries and help send poor Gulliver to the right place.

That's all I got hahaha your towns are both amazing and the houses are soo detailed and perfect. I literally meant none of what I just said. XD

Firstly, thank you for your roast. It was highly amusing. XD Pango was a starting villager in that town, and I just grew to like her through playing normally for a while. She threw my mayor her first birthday party, but I'm probably like the only person who likes her lol.
As with most towns I get super excited when there's stuff around the plaza for me to pick up and wear. Dress for the ladies? Nah, I'll wear the frog costume. This outfit just amuses me greatly every time I stumble upon it. Your path is really cute though. Very bright and fitting for the season it's in, and you're also set at my favorite hourly theme time. I love the 7PM music. So peaceful. ^^ I think to the right of the town plaza with that path lined with flowers along the river, you have space to add some trees or bushes on the other side of the flowers, and I think it would help fill in that area a little more.
I like the little log bench area next to the campsite it looks nice with the little path leading up to it. I think just in general with flowers in your town you can add more to a lot of areas. Your town is a good mix of natural and paved, so I think in some areas it's okay to add a variety of flowers and then in others to have a more uniform pattern. In most of my paved towns I pick a color scheme for each villager, two flowers that match it and look good with their house then I checker them just because it looks uniform and nice which is usually the look I'm going for, but I have been enjoying my forest town which uses lots of different flowers just scattered around. You can do both in this town, and I see you have done both in several areas. Flowers are that tricky aesthetic that you kind of have to play with and try different combinations until you like them.
I really like your fountain area under the train station. It's very nice. The area all the way in the top right of the map is an area I think you could fill in with more flowers or paths near the waterwell. Same right underneath with the police station. Your little park area is cute. I think it could use a bench or a drinking fountain or something small to fill it in a bit more if you can fit it. I really like the bush and special stump walkways. They look nice and clean. Your mayor's house is so cute!
Overall, I think you could use more flowers in most areas in general. You could maybe pick a color scheme for the town and eliminate all flowers that don't match it. As far as looking repetitive, there are only so many flowers in the game, so there will be some repeat, and that's perfectly fine. I hope this was helpful a little bit! >< Thanks for roasting me, and let me know if you need anything else or want me to look at anything else in particular!

There's no way I could roast your town. I've already been there multiple times before and I know it's lovely. :p

Aww thank you! I can still visit your DA if you want. Roasts are just to make me laugh, but if you want me to look at anything in particular in your town, I can.

Back