• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Times where you SWEAR God existed?

vel

xoxo
Bells
the title puts atheists off, but i just mean times you think that you were so lucky you almost became a nun you know?

i'm bad at explaining but here's an example i will never forget:

basically i have the worst luck ever, and i was in some sort of event one day for easter? or something? i think i was invited, but earlier that day i got a bell bracelet (basically a cheap bell attached to a low quality string that you use on balloons) and i was very happy with it, and i said to other people it brought me luck. i was kidding, i just liked people thinking that i was something i'm not back then.

anyways, there was a raffle for a bike. yes a bike, it was purple and cool, and i entered. it was a number sort of thing, where you'd get a number, and you'd win the prize correlated with it. i think y'all know where i'm going. so i was sitting, waiting for the grand prize to be given away. and i knew i wasn't going to win, but i was like, why not give this bracelet a shot? so i cupped the bracelet in my little sweaty hands and i prayed to anyone who would listen, god or not. i opened my eyes, and at that split second, they called the winning number, 46.

i looked down at my paper. it said 46. and i went up and accepted my prize with my mouth WIDE OPEN and i was like O H MYYGOD. it was literally 1/500 chance that i could've won this prize, it was a huge event, i was a little girl, like what are the chances that i would win? so that day i started praying to my bracelet more often, and i think it happened once more at an event i don't remember, maybe it was a test lol, but it stopped working when i lost the bracelet.

i swore the bracelet contained some sort of magical power, or something that was related to the upper beings above, but yup.

anyone else have those moments in life? i would like to hear about 'em!

Literally anything I have ever worn with a crucifix on it has broken. I used to have a small necklace with a crucifix it, and it was made of stone, and one day it just split apart like paper, and recently I got a fake diamond bracelet which fell apart the second day that I wore it.

So, without implying I believe in God, I think somebody's trying to tell me something.

To follow in Bowie's footsteps, I used to be part of a religious organization, it was basically the girl's sector of the Freemasons. Well I joined just as I stopped believing in God, so my being a part of the organization was a bit of a fraud because it was very God centered. We took oaths and pledges and stuff which of course, I didn't take to heart. One day after we had a big fancy initiation assembly where we had the "fancy" bible out, it was a big white leather bible with gold lettering and it was really pretty well it was left open on the alter and we were cleaning up the hall someone told me to go grab the bible to put it away and as soon as I touched it I got the nastiest shock I've ever gotten, another girl who was nearby folding up chairs saw me jump back and looked at my wide-eyed. I touched it again and it was fine, I closed it and brought it upstairs to put it away, I felt like it was trying to tell me something cause it wasn't like it was plastic or something staticy but it shocked me good. Shun the non-believer am I right?

My gods exist. Otherwise how else would I have known details and items about a tradition I'd never read about/heard of?

When my hamster was having a "seizure" and (then it looked like) she had died. Then... she just went back to normal.

Last edited:
My mom and brother were about to die when my mom was pregnant because a lady got like the blood thing wrong. She was about to put the needle in when my mom asked to check one last time. Negative or Positive. She checked and with God's grace, she lived.

:D

I dunno about God, but, I have seen some absolutely INSANE paranormal stuff that is just... Beyond belief. I don't believe in the afterlife but seeing what could only be described as a ghost (have seen it many times and others have also seen it without me telling them about it) has really put some of my beliefs into question.

Last edited:
One time I was looking out the car window and I saw the biggest full moon, it was so bright and felt so close, I felt like spirits were watching me o.o

when I was 12 or 13 I prayed for God to show me a sign he existed. My alarm clock went off immediately afterwards. I've had a few near death experiences too. But I guess they can all be rationalized. But for the sake of the topic, there's my stuff

Back in Pokemon X/Y I got a shiny noibat on my first egg and I was like wow he's real

I remember at Bible camp once we were hiking down from this mountain and I decided to go off the path because there was an alternate route that quickly went back onto the route we were hiking down from. The alternate route was higher in terrain level than the route we were taken... when coming back down I had a hard time stopping, it was very rocky... I was about to go off of the route we were taking and land in cacti... and then one of the girls, who was a atheist put her arm out. I'm not sure? :confused:

as far as the thread titles goes, I've always believed that God is real.

as for the additional questions posed-- there was a time riding my bike right beside a busy roadyway that my pal thought it would be funny to kick my bike frame, and it caused me to immediately swerve towards on oncoming car but somehow without my doing it the bike just swerved back, made me wonder whether i had a guardian angel. two similar times occurred later on riding in out of control cars that jumped curbs and then stopped suddenly short of colliding into huge oak trees.

Back