• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worst decision you regret

I regret all the time I've spent map/plot/villager resetting. It's probably more hours than I've spent playing the actual game. I enjoy the game much more now that I don't waste so much time on the boring parts!

Reset my old town.

Right now i don't regret that so much that i use to, but if i ever can make my old town back i do it.

The location of my police station in my main town. It's not a horrible location at all, I think it's too close to town hall for me. But hey, I made it work and it still looks cute. I wish they weren't permanent buildings. x_x

I purposely waited a long time to put up the permanent buildings in my second town for this reason. Just today, I finally put up my cafe after spending months deciding. =v= I'll eventually put up the police station and campsite after a while as well.

Moved Francine and Chrissy into my old town...
Literally, they were roadblocks. XD
Decided for Cookie and Diana now anyway...

I still regret getting the Modern police station instead of the Classic. The classic fits in way better with my town!

Probably placing one of my bridges a little bit off-centered, I could have made it work but now it's too late to fix it without ruining my cute side park

I just bought a second copy of the game because I don't like y original town very much, but I can;t stand the idea of resetting it, and so far I love my new town so much, but The layout I choose has ReTail on the complete opposite side of where all my villagers live... so it's a looming trek every time I want to go there... Also I don't like any of my starter villagers... Idk what to do...

- - - Post Merge - - -

In the town I just reset, I had a ton of flowers. They were everywhere, it was like doomsday brought to you by HGTV. It made the town feel so entirely cramped and it was just too many to get rid of which is part of the reason I ended up resetting. I also always second guess where I put my house and permanent PWP's, even though I always place them in convenient locations and in the end it's not really a huge deal. This time around I'm trying to take a natural approach to my towns, so hopefully it will be less stressful!
OMG this is where i'm at. My original town probably has over 500 flowers or more in it... I've considered starting a thread to let people come in and take as many as they want...

Building my cafe near the river in my old town, with little to no space for decorating around it just because I really wanted my cafe infront of the river. Then thinking that i'd be able to place the bridge that was diagonal to it in the same spot that it was in before so then I could have a shortcut to get to that cafe quicker, only to find out that I couldn't. After that I decided dedicate my time to finalising my landscaping/PWPs for my town completely before I put my cafe down. Because you wouldn't believe how many times I found myself walking around town and thinking about how much better my cafe would've looked if I put it in a different location. The same rule also applies to my police station and other permanent public work projects. I don't regret deleting my town at all, although I was proud of what i'd accomplished.

Moving my tropical islander character into a new town to be the mayor and deciding to make it a fairy forest town and making two side characters that I really like, but now my tropical mayor doesn't fit well with the theme, but I also like her way too much and I like the town well enough to not want to reset it, and I don't want to change her cause I like her a lot the way she is. She's adorable, but Idk, I may end up changing her later to fit the theme better it will depend. :/ I may recreate her in another town and do a tropical theme.

Back