• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do You Get Bummed About Fan Art?

Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
I like to look at the cute fan art people draw of villagers but sometimes it bums me out! The reason being that a lot of cutie villagers dont have much fan art made of them. Of course the more popular villagers will have more fan art and I can of course commission someone to make fan art i want to see but it's not the same! I wish more people had genuine love for lover tier villagers and made fan art!

I want more Clyde fan art dammit...

Thoughts? :)

Popular characters are popular for a reason. It would be nice if people loved the other villagers, too, but it is what it is. Really I think when you find a lower tier character that you love (for me it's Ed) it makes the relationship with that villager all the more special.

I'd much rather have a special piece of commissioned art of a character no one else appreciates.

I never really have this problem. The villagers I like aren't specifically super popular but decently such as Mint.

It depends. Some fan-art I like (e.g if they follow the original character design close enough) and others I don't like (e.g ones that completely change a character's species altogether like ponifying or humanifying, I just find it very cringy). Also, it kinda bothers me how underrated villagers rarely get fan-art. I know why the popular villagers have fan-art but the unpopular ones should also have fan-art. I blame the tier system for this, another reason why it just needs to go away and never come back.

Popular characters are popular for a reason. It would be nice if people loved the other villagers, too, but it is what it is. Really I think when you find a lower tier character that you love (for me it's Ed) it makes the relationship with that villager all the more special.

I'd much rather have a special piece of commissioned art of a character no one else appreciates.

^i totally agree with this post, and i had to quote you to tell you i love your icon!

some of my dreamies are the lowest tier but i think they're really adorable. if i had the artistic ability i'd want to draw art of tons of characters, and a lot of them would be lower tiers but alas i'm not patient enough to practice my art to that degree and so it's pretty bad and i don't do it much. maybe as time goes on, some of the less popular characters will get a little more art and fans like us will be a little happier. in the end, i think people just draw who they like most and get excited about, and even though we wish there were tons of cute pieces of art for everyone, it makes it really great when you find good art of a less popular villager you adore!

There are actually a few unpopular villagers with actual fan art. But the more popular ones gets lots of art because they love them so much they can't resist.

I haven't seen much fan art of Raddle.

i love a lot of low tier villagers, but usually only official art comes up when you search them :( they deserve more love even if they aren't dreamies of yours. i have plenty of villagers that i like that aren't my dreamies

Finding fanart is difficult there are lot of horrible pics and fetish on dA for example.

Sometimes is good to do ourselves.

It doesn't really bother me, but you can find really bad fan art about famous characters, but I agree with what Soda fox said. I think finding fan art of Rudy makes me much more appreciative of him. He may not be popular but I have to remember that there are other people who like him. Also my icon is a fanart of him btw. XD

Doesn't bother me. I really like fanart and there is a ton for a lot of villagers! Maybe commissions somebody to draw one of your favorite villagers if there isnt much fanart of them?

It's just fanart, it never really bothered me. In any fandom in fictional media there are going to be characters who are far more popular than others. It is what it is, and I think people should just like who they like and not worry too much about the tier system.

I don't mind fan art. I like a lot of "unpopular" characters and can usually find cute art things about them when I google. I do get upset when people say mean things about the less popular ones though :(

its like this with mott all i find is nsfw fanart of him but can i just have him in cute chibi form

I personally really love june (she used to be an islander until she was brought back in the welcome amiibo cards) but there is like 0 fanart for her, she has an official plush released apparently that id love to have but i can't find that anywhere either

I've looked at fan art less recently, but I have definitely felt that, it took me forever to find any fan art of Inkwell lol. Eunice and Moose are also very unpopular faves.

I think it's kind of sad some of the "ugly" villagers don't get muck love, cause I know people who love those charecters. I also love Clyde and yeah, it's sad there's not more art of him!

Not at all. I mean fanarts usually include dreamies but they're popular for a reason and I do see unpopular villagers a lot in art too.
but i always come across something disgusting when i'm browsing ac fanart

Not at all. I mean fanarts usually include dreamies but they're popular for a reason and I do see unpopular villagers a lot in art too.
but i always come across something disgusting when i'm browsing ac fanart

Too damn often, even just looking at QR's... like why?

Back