• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A fresh start for year two!

Town Name/Theme Round 2

• Tenebris. Dark Forest.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Seikaiju. Zen/Oriental Town.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Irisvale. Fairy Forest.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Other. (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SunsetDelta

..oof
Bells
Blue Hybrid Rose
Kirby Easter Egg
Silver Mailbox
So tomorrow(Feb. 11th) marks the anniversary of me buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
Unfortunately all I've done was reset towns and find maps over and over, and it was driving me insane, to the point of deleting it. Did I give up? Nope! (◍•ᴗ•◍)
So I've decided to scrap my old town in order to start 100% fresh so year 2 will be more enjoyable for me.

(RIP Star Bay, your town theme was near impossible to recreate without some form of modding/hacking involved, and I refuse to hack.)
(yes I've posted this sort of thing last month.. but I'd rather not bump outdated threads.)

Feel free to post some ideas for the themes I mentioned if you like them! (Or post other themes if you dislike all the themes in the poll)

Tenebris = Latin word for Dark
Seikaiju = Japanese term for Yggdrasil, the World Tree.
Irisvale is just iris and vale put together.

Edit(2/11/17): well looks like Tenebris wins! The Dark Forest town will be my new town for year 2! Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Tenebris is interesting; since it's Latin for dark, it seems like it would be fitting for a horror theme. If that's not what you're going for, then maybe you could get creative and come up with another "dark" theme? Idk... oh or you can use the dark woods theme mentioned in your poll. :p

Seikaiju seems like an interesting town name for a zen/nature-inspired town. And it's especially fitting because of that town tree in the plaza could be referred to as the "life tree". :p

Irisvale is a pretty name. It sounds like a woods-inspired town with a bunch of cedar trees/hydrangea bushes/blue and purple flowers/that kind of stuff. ^^'

All the names are interesting... I'm looking forward to seeing which one you pick!

Last edited:
I think you should do Seikaiju! I think you'll have lots of fun with it, and so many people have done fairy forests.

I think I'll go with Irisvale!
Seems like it could be fun. Tenebris is great as well. :)

Tenebris is interesting; since it's Latin for dark, it seems like it would be fitting for a horror theme. If that's not what you're going for, then maybe you could get creative and come up with another "dark" theme? Idk... oh or you can use the dark woods theme mentioned in your poll. :p

Seikaiju seems like an interesting town name for a zen/nature-inspired town. And it's especially fitting because of that town tree in the plaza could be referred to as the "life tree". :p

Irisvale is a pretty name. It sounds like a woods-inspired town with a bunch of cedar trees/hydrangea bushes/blue and purple flowers/that kind of stuff. ^^'

All the names are interesting... I'm looking forward to seeing which one you pick!

Yeah I think all the names are pretty ♥ I'd have Yggdrasil be the name but y'know.. Good old town name limits q.q (Switch AC pls lift 8-letter limit ty x.x)

I think you should do Seikaiju! I think you'll have lots of fun with it, and so many people have done fairy forests.

Ah yeah Zen towns sound really fun. True.. Lots have done Fairy Forests but the ones I've seen are so pretty.. It gave me a little inspiration.

I think I'll go with Irisvale!
Seems like it could be fun. Tenebris is great as well. :)

Fairy forests sound fun as hell but also overdone to death :'D I know what to do with both forest towns. Seikaiju is the one I have to plan ahead of time.

not enough zen themed towns ive seen a billion forest ones

Tell me about it.. Forest towns can be really pretty tho q.q that's why I wanted to try it. But I like being original too.. Which is why the Zen town is an idea.

Back