• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how'd you figure out a name for your town?

I chose ★Spooks★ as my town name because I researched a lot about ACNL before buying it! I think I was really unsure about buying it because I never played Wild World but my sister was raving about ACNL when it came out. I looked up all the PWPs, trees, shrubs, house exteriors etc. to get a general idea of what I wanted my town to be like! Looking at Dream Towns on Tumblr really inspired me as well. I think when I saw the Candy House, I knew I wanted to have a Halloweeny town! I kind of regret adding the stars to my town name though haha

i wanted a unique name so i eventually chose Zefferla. later i remembered there's a minor league baseball team called the Zephyrs. not really a fan, just really liked the name when i first heard it. so i think i was subconsciously being influenced by that when naming my town. didn't realize til later that they sounded similar :p

Wishfall was a combination of love of stars and love of magic. I didn't want a name as simple and overdone as Starfall, but I couldn't think of anything I liked with star in it. My Wiccan mother had used Starhaven are her domain name for a long time, but character limit for town names is woefully short. So I thought of shooting stars again, and realized that shooting stars are synonymous with wishes. Hence, Wishfall.

Paragon comes from a book I ghost-wrote for. The mayor, played by my roommate, and the other citizen, played by me, represent the two main characters from the book, and the town's set-up is based on their story.

Stardust after my fav song, Stardust. Somehow its a fairly common name and not one in a million...
buuut it also inspired my town to be a town of cats, prowling around in the darkness, where the night is our queen :3

The American presidential election '12 lol. Naturally the American elections are big news all over the world so some people here thought it would be fun to recreate it and have our own. They campaigned both sides and assigned states to groups of people and had a vote. The state I was assigned was Virginia so when NL came out... I'm never good at town names so 'Virginia' was the first thing that popped into my head.

I don't put much thought into what to name a town.I usually go with something off the top of my head unless I have a good idea about what the town is going to be.I named one town Stilton because I happened to be thinking about cheese at the time and another town Rhubarb because I had just watched a movie about a cat that inherits a fortune called "Rhubarb".I named my duck town Quackle because I knew it was gonna have just ducks.

My little brother and I watched a movie called John Carter when we bought New Leaf together for the first time. As fellow sci-fi nerds, we loved the concept of travel through space and time between the planets Earth (Jasoom) and Mars (Barsoom). So, as an homage to the movie and a current thing we bonded over at the time, we decided to name our towns based on the two planets. He chose to name his town Barsoom and I named mine Jasoom.

i just turned 17 and i feel so old already! dreading turning 18

omg don't! I did dread turning 18 because " oh no i am old now" but it's actually very nice! I'm in my early 20's now and honestly I feel very, very good about my age/ place in life. You get respected more (you deserve respect at your age, but no one will admit it lol) and you get more options in life >:3c

I chose Beaumont because I like French place names, and it sounds pretty :blush:

I like painting with either crayons or with aquarel... and I love france (and french sounding names)
And so I came up with the name Creyal ^^

I name'd mine after a planet in Starcraft. Starcraft was one of the most definin' games in my gamin' career, so I had to make some sort of tribute.
What was more surprisin' was that there was only 3 other folks that share the town name of Aiur.

I guess that means Animal Crossin' and Starcraft don't mix too well. ;P

I named mine after Yugioh 5D's Sattelite.
I'm not much creative I guess but I like that series

I was gonna have a town flag with Dad's face from that Fairy Oddparents show, so I wanted to name my town Dinkleburg. I ended up having to shorten the name, which looks twice as much hilarious, and my town flag ended up being a Squidward QR code I found. ?\_(ツ)_/?

My latest obsession is the book series/TV show Outlander which is set in Scotland in the 17/18th century.
So simple.

My Mayor name was going to be Claire, (as is the name of one of the main character)
I would of had the name of lallybroch which is their home but wouldnt fit.
So next best thing as its all set out in the Scottish Highlands i chose for my town i deicded to call my town Highland and its such a nice fit.

I wanted my town to be a forest town set in the rain so it just seemed to fit. (it always rains in Scotland lol)

I called my town Cat City back at launch. Now that amiibo cards are a thing, I'm over here even more glad I'd chosen that name, hehe.

my first town's name i chose by googling villages in ireland, and i loved the look of kinsale. so it stuck, and i still love it. as for my other towns, i looked up words related to the theme of the town or just words in general and picked ones that i liked.

Back