• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What catchphrases have you given your villagers?

I have my sassier bunny villagers say "err err", because my Bun Bun used to grunt and generally be a sassypants and it kinda sounded like that.

I'm also currently getting my hamster villagers to say "kupo" since they're basically moogles in my FFIX town.

With Mott, I changed his to "bro" because "cagey" sounded weird and a bit odd considering it sounds like it's referring to a lion in a cage, and also because "bro" seemed fitting for a jock type. :)

Cherry calls me Lady GaGa.

I had forgotten that I had Cally tell me I smelled bad. I was a bit offended when she first used that phrase. I thought that was quite rude. Lol. Then I remembered that I gave her the phrase a couple days before.

They call me "My queen" in my Joy town.

Silly Merry says "I am a cat". Lol. Duh Merry, I know you're a cat.You don't have to remind me several times a day.

My dog villagers say "SQUIRREL".

In my farm town, they say things like farm girl, farm kid, peas and carrots, ham and eggs, farmers almanac., don't eat me, etc.

In my New Leaf town, they are all the default ones. Some previous ones however were 'mango' and 'wow BOW!' (a play on Daisy's catchphrase, who is in my second GCN town but not my New Leaf town).

I make them say things related to their personality or appearance, for example, lazies say things like "cake" or "feed me". Though once I got O'Hare to say "morty" (like from rick and morty) and now everyone says it.

"b-b-bro" for Roald because he's a jock penguin that dislikes the cold and "tiny" for Dizzy because he's an elephant and it just sounds cute when he pronounces it.

When Deli started wearing my bi pride flag shirt I made, I had him say "bi pride". For the rest, I have Ankha say "Ra" (Egyptian sun god), Raddle says *cough*, Chadder says "Mozzarella" and Bam says "fam." :p

CMDb5rKUAAAtSU0.jpg

AaSLoQa.jpg

CStCbZE - Imgur.jpg

I have way too many cat villagers so I make them all say meow. I also also like that the non-cat villagers pick it up. Dizzy meowing makes me really happy.

I usually make them say flirty or funny pet-names for my mayor but more often than not it gets creepy pretty fast... like hearing Apollo say "sweet gal" to me more than three times a day is enough for me to start giving him weird looks lmao

I'm really uncreative in this aspect because when they ask me to change their catchphrase I only slightly alter their original phrase. Muffy's original catchphrase is nightshade, but when she asked me to change it I just changed it to "night shade" with a space. If she asks me to change it again I'll just type in her original catchphrase.

"in bed"
"in America"
"in 4 hours"

They can have some...interesting results

i'm super unoriginal, for a while i made phoebe say "feather", then it was "firebird".... then she picked up lucky's rrr-owch so now she says "uh-huh" because i reported her, lol. julian says "glimmer" instead of glitter but that's because i adopted him like that. rosie says "nya" just because i can make her lmao

It's been 4 years and this is still what I'm most proud of doing in this game

HNI_0019 (3).JPG

Back