• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to get more public work projects?

charlie_moo_

°♡Rainbow Island♡° @rainbow_crossing
Bells
Switch
2153-4564-6232
Dreamy Bear Plush
Vesta
Celeste Chick Plush
Sheep Plush
Mom's Plush
Summer Shell
Leif
Pikachu Easter Egg
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Easter Egg
Hi all i was trying to figure out how to get my villagers to ask me for more public work projects. I read somewhere (on pinterest i think about a week ago and i cant find it now) that you have to have nothing in your inventory, go swimming for a bit and then run around your town and the villagers with guarantee to come up to you and ask for new projects.
Is this true? Has anyone got a guaranteed way of getting more?
Im in the middle of paying off the town hall to be redecorated, and a villager asked about a police station, do i have to complete these first before more ask?
Thanks all :D

It's not guaranteed that they will ping you for new projects, it's just guaranteed that they will ping you. Filling your pockets with useless junk/nothing and carrying no money will just guarantee that they will not try to sell anything or try to buy stuff from you. They can still ping you for catchphrases, nicknames, and other useless stuff like showing you letters, etc. But if you have patience to do the swimming trick over and over again, you can almost guarantee that you will get at least a PWP suggestion once a day. Just make sure you know which personality type to seek out for specific PWPs and also when you notice that none of the villagers are pinging you, talk to one of them and they will tell you you look tired and need a break. Then they will start pinging you again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And no, you do not have to complete those PWPs first. Villagers will still ping you even if those PWPs aren't yet built.

Great thankyou so much for the info i shall give it a try

]There was a time that I was doing a lot of landscaping around my town, like planting, replanting, chopping and all sort of stuff. And I would always get a ping for a publics work project. And I think that I was always updating pwps. I felt I got more pings this way than the swimming thing. I think that maybe I was doing the swimming thing wrong, but yeah, it was for some reason kinda difficult for me.

If you are doing the swimming trick, I heard that if you fill up with flowers for some reason it works better? And I would wait like 10 minutes and put like a little card on your DS stick so your villager keep moving while you do something else. Remember that it is only one PWP per day, so you don't have to waist a lot of time trying the trick. You MIGHT get two, but I wouldn't invest the time in it.

i hear that if you fill up your inventory with something useless like seashells, they'll ping you for pwps! it's worked for me once or twice. but they won't ask to buy your seashells because they're useless, and they also cant try to sell you anything because your inventory is full. they may still ping you for greetings or catchphrase changes but i believe this is the easiest way to get pwp pings. my friend does this and he says he usually gets at least one a day :)

I did the diving trick with Tammy for all the uchi pwps. Just google it.. it worked for me! Make sure though to trap whoever you want the pwps from near the beach by digging holes around them. It should also be close to the beach but still out of sight from the beach area. That makes it easier to have 1 person ping you. Go to this villager after every dive until they ping you about a pwp. It can take 20min to a few hours because they can ping about other stuff. But they will give you 1 pwp request a day. And your pockets need to be filled with either flowers or seashells. :>

Dive with your pockets full of non-buyable items (coins, flowers, etc). It also helps if you have a high friendship with the villagers. If they ping you for something else, just keep trying. You're guaranteed one pwp every day.

It's just harder when you're looking for a specific PWP on a specific villager personality. They tend to give you the ones that you don't plan on putting lol

when im landscaping and staying in one part of the town to organise something, i usually do get lots of pings

Back