• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ever Had a Paranormal Experience?

Do you believe in the paranormal?

• Total voters

Bowie

Bells
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Hi, guys! So, as some of you may know already, I'm a pretty big paranormal fanatic, and I believe in ghosts and the afterlife and all that spiritual goodness. I'm curious as to how many of you here believe in it, or perhaps have had experiences themselves.

Last edited:
I don't really believe in all this paranormal stuff. Well not on this planet.
I'll only believe it when I experience something. Most of the creepy stuff I see are just my eyes tricking me.

I believe it....there's so much in the world you can't explain~

I never really had anything happen to me but something creepy happened to my sister when she was 16/17. We had a very old painting of jesus hanging in our hallway and one night my sister was gonna sneak out to hang with her friends....when she walked by the painting she swears THE EYES STARTED GLOWING she freaked and ran back into her room for the night. We still have the painting and joke about it when she visits~

jesus be judging u

yeah, things move that probably shouldn't have moved or have been in the same place for ages and just move all of a sudden, but last night walking back out of the restroom, i opened the door and saw a large black shadow the shape of a human right in front of me, got a lot of pressure in my chest, and then in a blink it was gone. it could have been a visual illusion but it was really strange, like i could see around the figure but through it was tinted black. also background info before the next story my dog is a huge sweetheart and never barks or makes a fuss ever unless there's a stranger, dog or person. i was getting ready before school by myself in the house and i heard a lot of barking from the hallway. i walked to the dog and he was looking back and forth repeatedly between two areas (they were just the couch and a wall with a painting) and barking really loudly. i freaked out and brought him to my room where i stayed, haha. i've also heard scratching at my door and seen it slightly move to the scratches in the middle of the night but it doesn't really freak me out as much as it did when i was little because now i'm sure it's probably the a/c being weird.

my mom and my aunt used a ouija board when they were young without my grandmother knowing and weird stuff started happening around the house. they would see shadows and cabinets would open and close. my grandma found out about it somehow, got really mad, and threw it away. after that, nothing happened. also, my uncle once, in the middle of the night, woke up in bed when he saw and heard the shadow of a man eating peanuts in his room. he freaked out and hid under the covers and then it was gone

Last edited:
One time I was at a friend's house hanging out that everyone knew was haunted. It was just me and her and we were watching youtube videos in the living room, when she got up to get a drink and I got up to use the bathroom. When we both got back to the livingroom she scolded me for leaving her light on - I insisted I'd turned it off but we could both see the glow from the light in the hallway, so I got up again to turn it off even though I KNEW I hadn't left it on in the first place. She was right behind me, and as soon as my foot hit the hallway floor, water started GUSHING out of the tap, as if someone had turned it on full force very suddenly.

Thaaaaaaaat was fun.

Yep, twice. First was with my cousins friends when we were walking and another incident was in my room after it

When I was younger I thought I had one but I still don't know if I completely believe in them. So the story goes that my best friend at the time and I were playing outside and an old man just died or left the house next door, I think he died but I don't remember for sure. She also lives right next to a forest so we were just goofing off and then we somehow got to the point where we were walking around his house, we were probably either going to her backyard to coming from it, and then we thought we saw a completely white female ghosty boo in the window of this *possibly* dead guys house. We then proceeded to freak out and run inside.

Y: wow no furby stories yet lol

I mean one time when I was a kid I woke up in the middle of the night and stood up - then there was this blinding flash (not lightning) and I fell like a log. :Y Maybe I got transported to an alternate world~

To vote in the poll would imply that I believe in paranormal forces, which I have long ago stopped doing.

One night I awoke in the middle of the night and I felt my entire leg jerk, to the extent that I was physically pulled down the bed. I put two and two together and assumed that I had been a victim of a paranormal experience. A demon pulling my leg whilst I was half-asleep in the early hours of the morning. I was so petrified in bed that it's a wonder how I was actually able to fall asleep.

I slowly got over it. I was a strong believer of paranormal entities since the incident, as I thought that I had been a victim of an attack. Over time, I matured and realised that what I had was probably just a leg cramp or some form of sleepwalking (despite being half awake). I really want to believe in ghosts and all of these fun things, but I know if I ever announced that I did believe that I'd just be lying to myself.

I think we all make up these things to distract us from the looming fact that the world is as we see it. It is just black and white, no inbetween. There is no magical force, paranormal activities or real religious figures. Everything is make believe.

i've never had any significant paranormal experiences, but i 100% believe in stuff like that. there's so much still unexplained in this world, so i have no doubt ghosts & plenty of other things are out there somewhere.

I havent had any ghost experiences but I know people who have. I TOTALLY believe in all that stuff too so I want to experience some spiritual event!!

Ugh yes and people make fun of me. There have been quite a few experiences I've had but I'll tell you my first, if it even counts (probably not)

So when I still believed in Santa, me and my cousins were all at my grandparents (10 peeps total) and it was midnight on Christmas Eve. I woke up and everyone else was asleep and I looked out the window, and one of the "stars" twinkled Red and disappeared. I went back to bed (I thought) and woke up on the porch. I didn't go out to the porch. I wasn't allowed on the porch.

yes, i've also experienced some paranormal activity before. it was when i was younger though n it didn't phase me too bad. i ghosthunted the whole day at my old best friend's house and we (me, her, her cousins and two other friends) were convinced that her house was haunted.

No, I don't. But that statement doesn't have much conviction in it. I have no reason to believe in paranormal entities, but also I have no reason not to as well. I do enjoy reading and hearing stories about ghosts from people who I know wouldn't make up a fake story

Last edited:
I believe in it, but never have I experienced it. Of all the supernatural things out there, the paranormal seems most believable.

Well my mom is a professional physic so she kinda works with supernatural things for a living. I grew up around spiritual/what some would consider paranormal stuff so it's extremely mundane to me now. Pretty neat stuff, too, so it's a shame most people discredit it for freaky-creepy-voodoo-crap.

Back