• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are the Club Tortimer Islands still really bad?

Hammyyy

Praising The Gamecube
Bells
I haven't visited it in a couple months because of really bad experiences including bell beggars and the online daters. Have you guys been experiencing anything bad lately? I'm debating on whether I should go back on it regularly again.

It sucks that there are people missusing the island.
And I was considering giving a try, but scammers could be everywhere, ouch!!

Its gotten A LOT better! Now when you go international you can just hit a home button and now get people trapping you. So I feel like its kinda better :)

Well for the most part since the update people have been acting nicer BUT there are few who still annoy people on the island (including me sometimes) Mostly the annoyences have been stopped due to the to new features: The emergency call home and the turn off chat features

It can't change, so of course there are still beggars, annoying people, etc. But Nintendo remedied through this, by muting them and a quicker way to leave.

With the addition of the emergency call home and the ability to turn off chat, it's gotten a lot better. But, of course, there's still going to be people who want to ruin the fun. Bell beggars still exist (But you can just turn off chat or go directly home) But, trolls will be trolls.

Ran into a girl last night who came into the island after me, saw a shark I was going after and squealed: "no" "i saw it first" and scared it away.
Packed my stuff and left immediately. It's much, MUCH better than before, I can say that much.

I feel like it's gotten nicer. If someone is bothering you, just mute them, problem solved. If someone traps you, hit the go home button, problem solved. But I haven't had to do either of those things yet.

The *******s will still be there, but at least you can avoid them now with the update.

So Nintendo finally decided to improve add new features to the island? That's good. I probably will go back but first I have to unlock it on my new town lol

I feel like the new update has really improved things. It's easy for you to just leave the island if people are acting badly and I think it gives them less incentive to do so if their potential victim can leave just like that. Also, I feel like it has to do with the fact that the update was very recent. Not everyone has updated yet, it's mostly been more serious players who have heard of the update, I think, and players who are genuinely interested in playing.

I didn't know there were problems with it o.o I only went like once and there was one other person and I don't know if they spoke English, I for some reason feel like they didn't, I got too nervous to talk and left and never went back because I'm awkward as heck XDDD I kinda wanna check it out again I think I'll do that now haha

Before the update no one was on the island. Now there are a lot of players and everyone was nice so far.
With the mute button and go home right away I had no problems.

A day before the update I went to the international island and players were coming and going every minute. Hard to catch anything or leave the island.

I noticed the new rules when I visited and after having one (young lady?) who decided to bring up very bad topics about mental illness while systematically destroying every living thing on the island. :| I muted her and then left quickly, thanking the animal crossing gods for their mercy in creating a mute system.

Well my sister got scammed and trapped on the island recently, but now the new update added this handy dandy telephone that lets you escape! :3 Yeah, it's better, but I usually go alone anyway because of this experience

I've only been there once, before the update, and my experience was actually pretty good. I had one person afk, one person was very talkative and friendly, and another person was just having fun glitching into the ocean. I really should try to go again soon.

I've never actually had any bad experiences with Club Tortimer. Maybe I was just one of the lucky ones, but those who wanted money never actually begged for them, prevented me from leaving the island, etc. I dunno. I just had a ton of fun on the island.

Well my sister got scammed and trapped on the island recently, but now the new update added this handy dandy telephone that lets you escape! :3 Yeah, it's better, but I usually go alone anyway because of this experience

Scammers are probably the worst part about that place imo. A girl once tried to steal my royal crown by telling me she would give me "1 billion bells" XD. Hopefully these problems won't be around more often.

Last edited:
Bell beggars and online daters? you mean the 7 year old kids that play this game?

I've been to the island a few times, most of the times there wasn't much conversation, but a few times it was funny and we'd troll each other etc, until one of them booted the game and ruined it all for us. I don't go to the island having many expectations.

Bell beggars and online daters? you mean the 7 year old kids that play this game?

I guess you could say the bell beggars were somewhere around that age, judging by their immature behavior. But the online daters would outright flirt with me by saying stuff like "do you like ***?" I don't think 7 year olds would say stuff like that.

Back