• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

im keeping my vote on eleanor, feel free 2 join

but if we lynch menchies and the game is not over we are insta lynching eleanor

Hm, very possible then. Still don't understand wise El would target me. And why would El answer yes to my question there? Reading up a few posts would have shown her that answering the cult answer would have been a lot more townie on his end.

Honestly, if it was a bus, then it was a poorly executed bus. It would have been more effective as a bus if they had legitimately pushed eachother rather than making vague statements thinking the other was sus.

What's so townie about Menchie, anyway?

Ok gotta go to sleep now.
Gonna place my vote on Menchie. My main reason is that when she was jailed noone was killed

Hm, very possible then. Still don't understand wise El would target me. And why would El answer yes to my question there? Reading up a few posts would have shown her that answering the cult answer would have been a lot more townie on his end.

Honestly, if it was a bus, then it was a poorly executed bus. It would have been more effective as a bus if they had legitimately pushed eachother rather than making vague statements thinking the other was sus.

What's so townie about Menchie, anyway?

i've already said why i think menchies town but i'm over it now, i could be wrong

basically the way fleshy pushed eleanor was definitely fabricated but it seems like more than just forced reads. because of eleanor's interaction with him

and menchies had way townier lines than eleanor, especially recently

I agree that I believe Entropy could be town even if she isn't cop. She could be town claiming that so that the person she thinks is suspicious is lynched and things are set in motion

and like...did u miss the part where i pushed fleshy since early d1? why would i pursue my scum partner like that?

its pretty weird to assume that cop would be insane imo. eleanor, why wouldn't you just assume that nightmares is just lying and trying to seem towny?

it sounds like something you would say if u were maf and u knew someone else was town

so yea kat that's not a townslip

i think fleshy was trying to bus

- - - Post Merge - - -

bussing in that situation is really smart

because then if his teammate gets lynched, he looks better for voting mafia

if he gets lynched, his teammate looks town because he pushed her

- - - Post Merge - - -

well, its not just your inactivity but also lack of input right now on menchie/nightmares/etc

I have to agree with this logic. I wondered if El was confused because of last game, but her answer didn't really explain her thinking enough for me to see "Town" in these recent posts from her. I doubt she'll be able to come back and post more substantive content before EOD, given her last post (# 403). But there's still time for things to change - we've got 3.5 hours to go.

@Kat - I've noticed you've referred to El as he/him a couple of times now, can I ask why? I'm assuming it's accidental.

@Amanda Entirely accidental. Actually I thought I proofread my posts enough to get rid of mistakes like that - sorry El :(

I mean in Memchie's defense, I did think her "I'd like to see that" post sounded inno, but ugh. Maybe I'm lost in my own tunnel, but I can't rationalize what happened last night if El was maf nearly as much as I could justify it with Menchie. Maybe because I wasnt as in center stage as entropy, therefore less likely to be protected by Doc, but still widely town read?

But she's been hesitant to state opinion, she had that really awkward mafia question earlier, she was way overdefensive D1, she only ever came on when it was to discuss suspicion cast against her or the lynch, the night action evidence adds up, she thought not voting would result in her death... Some inno sounding posts be damned. She's still sus af in my book.

If we lynch El today, Im instavoting Menchie tomorrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah ha right forgot how disgusting El's AtE was.

I'm the most sis of Elenor right now because she hasn't said anything about any of the possible mafia, so I think I'm going to vote her.

Also explaining why I'm never on until EOD is because I have Cross Country after school and usually don't get back home until 6:30 PM

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm the most sis of Elenor right now because she hasn't said anything about any of the possible mafia, so I think I'm going to vote her.

Also explaining why I'm never on until EOD is because I have Cross Country after school and usually don't get back home until 6:30 PM
Sus*

@Amanda Entirely accidental. Actually I thought I proofread my posts enough to get rid of mistakes like that - sorry El :(

I mean in Memchie's defense, I did think her "I'd like to see that" post sounded inno, but ugh. Maybe I'm lost in my own tunnel, but I can't rationalize what happened last night if El was maf nearly as much as I could justify it with Menchie. Maybe because I wasnt as in center stage as entropy, therefore less likely to be protected by Doc, but still widely town read?

But she's been hesitant to state opinion, she had that really awkward mafia question earlier, she was way overdefensive D1, she only ever came on when it was to discuss suspicion cast against her or the lynch, the night action evidence adds up, she thought not voting would result in her death... Some inno sounding posts be damned. She's still sus af in my book.

If we lynch El today, Im instavoting Menchie tomorrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah ha right forgot how disgusting El's AtE was.

I just have a couple of quick questions about this please :

- is your paragraph beginning with "But she's been..." referring to El or Menchie? I assume El, esp because of the RQS mention, but the sections on either side of the para are about Menchie so I just want to be sure I'm understanding you right.

- which AtE by El do you mean? The one in post # 183 or a different one?

---

As IC, could you please explain what an Appeal to Emotion is, the reasons someone might make an AtE argument, what Town players can look for when dealing with AtE in order to sus out what's really going on, and (ideally) some strategies for how to respond effectively to AtE when it happens.

- I'm asking because I'm finding I just want to block out any such appeals as irrelevant - but I know that's not good for Town even if it's annoying for me lol. We also have at least a couple of players who are very non-confrontational and I feel that it's important we try to offer information and examples of *fair* and *reasonable* critique so they can see that there's a big difference between attacking someone and questioning them.. that's a big life lesson in general obviously, but critical for playing Mafia and particularly in the situation we're in currently.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^ I don't expect you to answer before EoD, just needed to get that posted before I forgot or something, and it's too important for that.

---

I'm still re-reading some posts and I'll wait a bit longer before voting. I'm still choosing between the same 3 I was previously, Menchie, Nightmares, and El, and I'm leaning towards voting El.

@amanda Will work on IC stuff after EOD, but that paragraph referred to menchie solely, and I didnt think I referred to RQS lol. Was talking about her question of can mafia shoot themselves and dont you die if you dont vote.

And I was referring to AtE that El used right before the lynch, saying stuff like "you guys are lynching a townie" and **** like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention Menchie assuming cop results were legit shows she isnt paying attention to thread. And as a BPV, I knew Entropy was lying from the getgo, but I didnt assume she was mafia. I can see why El tried making it fit if he townread both. But again, I might just be tunneling at this point.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EOD is in 10 minutes! Remember discussion freezes once EOD happens, and Amanda/Menchie still need to vote.

Damn menchie not voting yet is actually really a thing of note here, trying to decide if super scummy or super townie. Menchie, why havent you voted yet?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ninja'd lmao.

That was majority. Chat's frozen until our lord and savior Ness can have some mercy on our tags and makes his post.

@amanda Will work on IC stuff after EOD, but that paragraph referred to menchie solely, and I didnt think I referred to RQS lol. Was talking about her question of can mafia shoot themselves and dont you die if you dont vote.

And I was referring to AtE that El used right before the lynch, saying stuff like "you guys are lynching a townie" and **** like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention Menchie assuming cop results were legit shows she isnt paying attention to thread. And as a BPV, I knew Entropy was lying from the getgo, but I didnt assume she was mafia. I can see why El tried making it fit if he townread both. But again, I might just be tunneling at this point.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EOD is in 10 minutes! Remember discussion freezes once EOD happens, and Amanda/Menchie still need to vote.

Damn menchie not voting yet is actually really a thing of note here, trying to decide if super scummy or super townie. Menchie, why havent you voted yet?

Ah I see now, sorry I don't know why I thought that line was about the RQS now, it's so obviously not gah!

I don't know, I thought El's suggestion of a corrupted cop was very strange in this setup where all possible roles are listed - but then, several other players ran with it so that just confused me more. Great strategy if intentional though, it worked last game after all.

And yes, I was waiting for Menchie to vote before I locked in. Mine. Very curious why she waited so long despite explaining she wouldn't be on EoD...

Alright so i'm going to level with you all: I've had 2 sleepless nights in a row now because of a project so i'm way too tired to be making any kind of flavor post right now. I'll add flavor and a list of things town could have done better in the evening tomorrow.

Iwaseleanor was a mafia goon. Town wins.

gg

- - - Post Merge - - -

kat lmk when u post the vid < 3

****in hell

Rest in pieces me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mafia chat/nightactions/obs or riot

I could have sworn Menchie was scum jfc. Still really surprised she wasn't.

i just realized there was no town deaths lmfao

Wow!!!

But... so many unanswered questions @.@

- does "winning" usually feel so anti-climactic??

Back