• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

Wow!!!

But... so many unanswered questions @.@

- does "winning" usually feel so anti-climactic??
No, usually it's pretty great. Usually a lot of that climatic feeling is through taking wrong turns initially and figuring out your way, though, and this was literally a perfect game. So I'm guessing the lack of bad decisions is what gave this game such an anti-climatic feeling.

I posted that tag you were sus of btw ;)

At the very beginning of the game

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOL

Oh boy I can't imagine how badly Im gonna be tunneling you in future games.

Gonna make one last IC post regarding AtE and my thoughts on the game here shortly.

LOL

Oh boy I can't imagine how badly Im gonna be tunneling you in future games.

Gonna make one last IC post regarding AtE and my thoughts on the game here shortly.

If I'm bad at seeming town like when I'm a townie imagine how bad I'll be as Mafia

Holy ****.

Has this even happened before.

It hasn't? Hmm I guess it's increasingly unlikely the bigger the game, and the more experienced the players are. Go us anyway though!!

I'm really looking forward to any post-game analysis people can give, and working out what was *actually* going on at each point. Not to mention understanding what we did well, and how to improve on things we didn't.

@Kat - I didn't see your post merge on post # 410 I'm sorry, and didn't realise the thread was effectively frozen as soon as my (majority lynch) vote was placed. I just didn't make that connection so thought I just had to post before EoD.. which I was pushing anyway since it's time-stamped 12:00pm my time gah. I'm not really clear on *why* the thread gets frozen if majority is reached, but I wouldn't have posted if I'd understood.

@N e s s - yikes dude, please get some rest ASAP and take all the time you need before adding the flavour and that list of things Town could have done better - we can wait! Thanks so much for hosting this and putting up with our antics!!

If I'm bad at seeming town like when I'm a townie imagine how bad I'll be as Mafia
Circumstance worked against you heavily here - my suspicion in you wasn't just because of your play.

You play wasn't even too bad haha. I'd doublecheck your facts before posting though, and be a little more open with your opinions of others. That's what mainly got me sus of you, more than anything.
Oh, and activity was a zinger, too. But sometimes you cant help irl lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Kat - I didn't see your post merge on post # 410 I'm sorry, and didn't realise the thread was effectively frozen as soon as my (majority lynch) vote was placed. I just didn't make that connection so thought I just had to post before EoD.. which I was pushing anyway since it's time-stamped 12:00pm my time gah. I'm not really clear on *why* the thread gets frozen if majority is reached, but I wouldn't have posted if I'd understood.
Normally it wouldn't, except Ness wanted us to shut up after EOD after the last lynch, and once we hit majority, that's when EOD occurs. So basically it was because Ness didnt want people to talk after EOD.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Alright, gg guys!

First off, AtE: Appeal to Emotion, for those who don't know, is when someone tries to sway someone's opinion by playing with emotions rather than logic. A good example of this is El's comment when Fleshy was being lynched:

Nope I swear to you I'm not scum Amanda. I hope people think and make the right decision
Here, El appealed to emotion by saying that the "right decision" AKA not lynching her would happen if people "thought", implying that people weren't thinking clearly. This can lead people to doubt themselves and their convictions, and acting irrationally.

AtE arguments aren't necessarily good arguments to take at face value, but in making AtE arguments, the person making them reveals how they are feeling about the game at that moment, which can be very useful info. Just like when comparing their logic to an alignment, and trying to figure out which one someone is, you can infer how someone of a specific alignment in their position would feel, and put that emotion in reference to the emotion they're expressing, and get a better read on them.

To use the above example, the tone of that statement was calm, yet derogatory. Given that a townie was about to be lynched, especially a noobie, I'd imagine they would be fighting a lot harder than what El was. If they had given up, which would be possible, I'd expect some resignation in their tone, which isn't really there. It's more judging than giving up. However, the statement has a strong emotional impact on the reader - something someone who wants results without logic would want to achieve. That lines up a lot more with a scum mentality than a town mentality.

To give a town example:

Well if I succumb to your bullying and tell my gut instinct based on one quote, its gonna make me look scummy.
If I don't answer your question your still gonna scum read me
Either way you aren't going to let up on wanting me dead and lynched because you severely just hate me based on one game lol so thanks for that.
Toads here is obviously frustrated. He's letting his emotions show and they dont seem guarded (like El's was), which is an indication that who's posting it isn't hiding anything. However, mafia can feign emotion, so be careful with using this tell.

But other than the fact that you can tell his emotion, I'd expect a mafian to feel on the defensive, or more reserved. That isn't toads at all here. He's loud, and he's gonna state his opinion, no ****s given. That's something someone with a town mentality would have.

End game post coming up soon but felt like this was long enough as is alone.

Last edited:
yeah let me know if you ever want to learn about emotions ;) (good or bad)

I was really upset at start of this... clearly coming off last game, I wanted to make up for my crappy ending. So when the first thing brought up is a policy lynch on me, I was like is this going to be how every mafia game starts for me now? Not happy since I was very positive and enthusiastic coming in and that whole mood was ruined. I thought I had decent contributions after that though

post game and ur still bringing up the policy zzzz

post game and ur still bringing up the policy zzzz

lol, nothing I said this game was untrue as well... so if you are gonna try to policy lynch me every time like you said you are, I can't wait to do this again and again and again and again to you every single game :)

lol, nothing I said this game was untrue as well... so if you are gonna try to policy lynch me every time like you said you are, I can't wait to do this again and again and again and again to you every single game :)

i did not bully you lol. i don't think anyone here thought that but you

i did not bully you lol. i don't think anyone here thought that but you

i said that in the context of being pushed into a corner and forced to give a scum read I wasn't all that confident in, but I had hoped with saying it like that you would lay off me and you did so thanks

I want to apologise to both Toads and entropy for copy+pasting entropy's quote from Observers Chat in the Miraculous Ladybug Cultists game without providing more context. I had intended to include my interpretation of that quote (heat of the moment, frustration) and explain that the quote was an influence in why I agreed with the logic and arguments entropy made, except about Toads. But the time and my carelessness meant that I forgot to actually write those thoughts. This meant the quote itself was the focal point and served to cause further drama. I didn't intend for that to happen, and I'm sorry for my carelessness.

@Toads - if you have any feedback and/or suggestions to offer us new/newer players, that would be great. And I, for one, would appreciate that kind of helpful contribution a heck of a lot more than going back over the PL thing yet again.

:)

(Just need to say : if you're serious about this, I will almost certainly choose to either opt out of any game you play in, or else vote to WOTC you out.. whether that matters to you or not idk or care, but I don't make decisions like that lightly - I'm just completely *done* with hearing about that drama in such an unproductive fashion.)

Last edited:
Back