• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Finding the right person!

Tommyputt

Mayor of Bertoko
Bells
Silver Mailbox
Okay, so clearly we are all big gamers here. I've got loads of friends IRL male and female, however I know very few girls who are into games! I've been trying dating recently as I've just moved house and want to find the right person, my problem being, us gamers are typically introverts right? How the hell are we supposed to find each other!

To summarise are there any people here that have any advice on how to find fellow gamers? Any success stories? Any bad stories?

The right person will come when they do. And it might not even be a gamer! Love appears in the oddest circumstances. :blush:

EDIT: You may be an introvert, but that doesn't mean that you can't garner the courage to go up to someone and speak to them if they interest you! Give it a shot! Good luck!

Last edited:
u hide behind the shelves @ your local gamestop and when a girl appears u strike
no but really
I'm just used to playing alone because even playing with headphones scare me
when people yell at me through my screen I literally feel like crying lmao

edit!!
also alcohol

Last edited:
The right person will come when they do. And it might not even be a gamer! Love appears in the oddest circumstances. :blush:

EDIT: You may be an introvert, but that doesn't mean that you can't garner the courage to go up to someone and speak to them if they interest you! Give it a shot! Good luck!

That's some sound advice! I've had a 4 year relationship that ended a while ago now however where my girlfriend wasn't hugely into games so I do know it works, however I always picture the right person to be a gamer.. Is that bad?

- - - Post Merge - - -

u hide behind the shelves @ your local gamestop and when a girl appears u strike
no but really

edit!!
also alcohol

Ahaha, I totally get what you mean. It's pretty nerve-wracking talking to strangers online when they're angry all the time.. Also as a guy you can't help but feel like a douche if you approach a girl while out drinking right? No matter how good your intentions are I reckon people just assume it's a sexual thing.

That's some sound advice! I've had a 4 year relationship that ended a while ago now however where my girlfriend wasn't hugely into games so I do know it works, however I always picture the right person to be a gamer.. Is that bad?

Nope! Not a bad thing at all! Just mentioning that weird things happen and you never know! *shrugs* The future is always subject to change.

- - - Post Merge - - -

no but really

edit!!
also alcohol

This makes me laugh because whenever I stop at a Gamestop people always look at me oddly—thankfully no one has approached me this way. HAHA!

Last edited:
Ahaha, I totally get what you mean. It's pretty nerve-wracking talking to strangers online when they're angry all the time.. Also as a guy you can't help but feel like a douche if you approach a girl while out drinking right? No matter how good your intentions are I reckon people just assume it's a sexual thing.

ahhh I guess that's true... I really do suck at advice ahhhaaa
But I guess maybe conventions are your best bet? I don't really know, because it's really not my jam. I love games but I'm really not about conventions. I went to a convention one time and the only thing I remember was being sweaty

- - - Post Merge - - -

This makes me laugh because whenever I stop at a Gamestop people always look at me oddly—thankfully no one has approached me this way. HAHA!

Yes!!! I always get sweaty when I enter lmao

ahhh I guess that's true... I really do suck at advice ahhhaaa
But I guess maybe conventions are your best bet? I don't really know, because it's really not my jam. I love games but I'm really not about conventions. I went to a convention one time and the only thing I remember was being sweaty

Fair enough! I guess some people are just more nervous than others aha.

Just locate a target, move in for the kill and be all like "sup, babe" whilst gesturing to your motorcycle. Studies show that 93.82% of the time a girl will just get on the motorcycle with no questions asked.

Source

I like to do this with blowdarts and a burlap sack.

If anybody asks questions, the sack contains a pre-order bonus.

Just locate a target, move in for the kill and be all like "sup, babe" whilst gesturing to your motorcycle. Studies show that 93.82% of the time a girl will just get on the motorcycle with no questions asked.

Source

I like to do this with blowdarts and a burlap sack.

If anybody asks questions, the sack contains a pre-order bonus.

I shouldn't have clicked on that link. God knows what viruses I just got. XD

I also agree you don't need to rush getting into a relationship. You're what, 21? That's still young!

However, if you are looking for ways to meet gamer girls, volunteer at your local convention. It's a great way to rack up streetpasses and meet all kinds of geeky people. The AC community is one of the few gaming fandoms that has more ladies into it than guys so take advantage. (Obviously, don't be a creep or get aggressive about it. :p) You could try dating sites but you'll probably get very mixed results. Then again, I have no experience with them so I couldn't tell you accurately. Facebook groups or tumblr maybe good places to look as well.

I wouldn't recommend Gamestop to meet ladies. As with most stores, most people who go there want to buy whatever they want and leave. Anyway, I wouldn't rush so just go with the flow.

Okay, so clearly we are all big gamers here. I've got loads of friends IRL male and female, however I know very few girls who are into games! I've been trying dating recently as I've just moved house and want to find the right person, my problem being, us gamers are typically introverts right? How the hell are we supposed to find each other!

To summarise are there any people here that have any advice on how to find fellow gamers? Any success stories? Any bad stories?

Huh introverts? Basically everyone in my class games and like 2 are quite and shy xD

Huh introverts? Basically everyone in my class games and like 2 are quite and shy xD

Yeah, there's a stereotype that all introverts are quiet and shy, but it rarely applies! I'm an introvert and I like talking to people/have no trouble starting convos! :blush:

I believe that having stuff in common is overrated. My best friend, and possible future partner (we're both way too young for something serious), don't have a lot in common, whether it be music or video games, but we talk to each other everyday and I'm so glad we met.

I think things happen for a reason. Things fall into place and I feel like life decides who you do and don't meet. Just take everyday as it comes and don't stress about it too much. They practically fall out the sky.

tip ur fedora @ every girl u meet n say m'lady. works 11/10 times trust me

n no but srsly uh maybe ??? just ??? dont try to force it idk im no love expert but i think it's usually kind of important to be good friends w the person u r dating?? but dont be like a guy who gets "friendzoned" n get all mad n stuff

She doesn't exactly have to be a gamer. My first ex wasn't a gamer at all, not even by a long shot and we lasted a fair bit.

i find it kinda hard to make friends irl because i dont like to talk all that much, im a boring billy irl!

but the best way to find friends online (in my opinion atleast) is on forums like this one!

Back