• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Childhood games you miss playing?

Sicatiff

Shin chan
Bells
Are there any childhood games you liked and miss playing? I have a lot of childhood games i liked but sadly they discontinued which is kinda sad. Here are some of my childhood games i loved:

Freddi fish - you play as a fish and you have to solve mystery cases. This game series was gold. It was my life when i was a kid.

Putt putt - similar to freddi fish. You play as the purple car and go around solving cases.

Reader rabbit - You play as a rabbit and you have a lion companion and you two go around solving mysteries that involve math or something. Cant remember but it was my life! Not only is the story great but the mysteries were challenging as well.

3D dinosaur adventure- you play as a young dinosaur. Your mission is to collect dinosaur eggs and hatch them to defeat this trex that is taking over the dino world. But to get the eggs, you must solve certain mysteries or go around some maps and try to spot where the eggs are. Of course when you discovered where the eggs are, there will be evil dinosaur tol stop you.

Also good news to fans of freddi fish or putt putt or whatever games that are created by humongous : steam is currently holding a 60% sale for all games by humongous! You can buy a just a complete pack of a single title series for 60% discount or the complete humongous game pack which includes all the series created by humongous! Cant wait to play them all over the summer.

Last edited:
Hide and seek/manhunt/cops & robbers (whatever regional name/variation you had. They were all practically the same thing).
I mean more when I was a little older (I dunno, like 13+?) when me and friends were able to do this further from home in 'bigger areas', especially at night. It was just fun, especially if it was somewhere with a lot of awkward places to get to...Though there would always be 'that guy' that climbs on a roof or something where it's hard to get.
I think we called it 'manhunt' in an attempt to make it sound less childish, because we were 'big adult 13 year olds' now.

'Tanners' (don't know what other names it has).
Draw some goalposts on a wall, somebody 'goes in net'. Catch the ball and whoever kicked it has to go in net. If you're in net and let 3 goals in, you have to bend over with your hands on the wall whilst everybody gets 1 shot each to 'tan' your hide with the ball (the 'goalposts' were usually small, so it wasn't that easy to get 3 goals).
I liked it because I was pretty much never the unlucky one getting pelted with the ball.

'Curby/Kirby' (again, not sure what other names for it there would be).
You and somebody else stood on two sides of the road (an empty road, obviously, usually on an estate where there's not much traffic) and threw the ball at the curb on the other side. The point was to hit the curb so it would bounce back to you. If it didn't bounce back or the other person caught it, it was their turn to throw it.
It was essentially just a way to pass time when there was only myself and another person, usually waiting for other friends to turn up or something...But we would get really into it sometimes.

[edit] This thread was moved from Brewsters and didn't specifically say 'video games'.

Yano, just so I don't look weird listing a bunch of 'outdoor games'.

Last edited:
Pet Party, my life for about a year. I miss it so much, I enjoyed the game and I had everything.

Pokemon Diamond. I played it for hours on end until I lost it :( haven't found it since, and I can't bring myself to buy and play a different copy of the game because it isn't the one I originally played.

The whole zelda series. I left my gamecube at home so I haven't been able to replay them in a long time :c Hopefully when I visit my house I can pick them up and take them with me <3 I also miss Soul Calibur and Sims Bustin' Out a lot for gamecube too.. Actually! I miss all my old gamecube games *tear*

Oh god, Freddi Fish... :( I loved Insaniquarium as well. xD I also miss the original Paper Mario on the N64, I have no idea where it is.

I also miss Roller Coaster Tycoon. I got it in a box of cereals, hahaha. I've lost it recently and all I have left is Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (which is even better than the first one, but it doesn't bring me as much memories).

Last edited:
Dude, I still have Freddie Fish and Pajama Sam games (Pajama Sam was my favorite)! Hahaha! I'm 22 and my parents kept them all this time. Not gonna lie, I popped them in their old computer a couple months ago to play them... How could I not?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh man, I have Reader Rabbit too. Lmao

omg the sims games for the gamecube were the best (why can't the sims games that are on nintendo consoles nowadays be even half as good?)! i enjoyed killing sims and burning their houses down (sometimes both at the same time) way too much haha

and there were also other gamecube games, like super smash bros melee, mario kart: double dash, luigi's mansion (the first one, obviously), paper mario: the thousand year door, pikmin 1 and 2... and even though i barely remember it, there was also animal crossing for the gamecube. it was the game that pretty much led me to getting wild world, then city folk, then my favourite 3ds game aka new leaf.

there were also some ds games that i loved playing when i was younger, like mario kart ds, animal crossing: wild world, the four professor layton games that were on the ds, and mario party ds. it was so much fun playing mario party ds with my sisters and sometimes even my brother :D i also played mario and luigi: bowser's inside story back then. i still play it every once in a while because i STILL haven't 100% completed it o: *gives bowser x a luigi-style death stare*

around 3 years before i turned 13 (which is when i would say that i became a teenager), i was introduced to wii games. overall, they weren't as good as gamecube games imo, but i still found some really good ones. mario kart wii and super smash bros brawl were my favourites, but i also enjoyed games such as super paper mario, animal crossing: let's go to the city (or city folk as it's called in the us) and super mario galaxy 2. it felt so rewarding to get the final star in super mario galaxy 2 - it was definitely one of the toughest challenges, if not the toughest, i've ever come across while playing video games. new super mario bros wii was also loads of fun, even if i was absolutely terrible at it and lost a life like every five seconds XD

i got the 3ds just two months before i turned 13, so the only 3ds game i can mention that was technically from my childhood was super mario 3d land, because i got all the other 3ds games i've had after my 13th birthday. i've definitely played better mario games than 3d land, but it was still fun.

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg the sims games for the gamecube were the best (why can't the sims games that are on nintendo consoles nowadays be even half as good?)! i enjoyed killing sims and burning their houses down (sometimes both at the same time) way too much haha

and there were also other gamecube games, like super smash bros melee, mario kart: double dash, luigi's mansion (the first one, obviously), paper mario: the thousand year door, pikmin 1 and 2... and even though i barely remember it, there was also animal crossing for the gamecube. it was the game that pretty much led me to getting wild world, then city folk, then my favourite 3ds game aka new leaf.

there were also some ds games that i loved playing when i was younger, like mario kart ds, animal crossing: wild world, the four professor layton games that were on the ds, and mario party ds. it was so much fun playing mario party ds with my sisters and sometimes even my brother :D i also played mario and luigi: bowser's inside story back then. i still play it every once in a while because i STILL haven't 100% completed it o: *gives bowser x a luigi-style death stare*

around 3 years before i turned 13 (which is when i would say that i became a teenager), i was introduced to wii games. overall, they weren't as good as gamecube games imo, but i still found some really good ones. mario kart wii and super smash bros brawl were my favourites, but i also enjoyed games such as super paper mario, animal crossing: let's go to the city (or city folk as it's called in the us) and super mario galaxy 2. it felt so rewarding to get the final star in super mario galaxy 2 - it was definitely one of the toughest challenges, if not the toughest, i've ever come across while playing video games. new super mario bros wii was also loads of fun, even if i was absolutely terrible at it and lost a life like every five seconds XD

i got the 3ds just two months before i turned 13, so the only 3ds game i can mention that was technically from my childhood was super mario 3d land, because i got all the other 3ds games i've had after my 13th birthday. i've definitely played better mario games than 3d land, but it was still fun.

Yes! Putt Putt and Pajama Sam are awesome! What was that one where you were a fox who was a secret agent? Spy Fox maybe? I just remember the bad guy group was EVIL (Every Villian is Lemons).

I also like a lot of the Sonic games on Sega. My favorite was Sonic 3 because you could play co-op with Sonic and Tails. I would always be Tails and jump off of cliffs to see if there were hidden ledges. He was invincible so it was safe for Tails to check out dangerous spots. lol

Yes! Putt Putt and Pajama Sam are awesome! What was that one where you were a fox who was a secret agent? Spy Fox maybe? I just remember the bad guy group was EVIL (Every Villian is Lemons).

I also like a lot of the Sonic games on Sega. My favorite was Sonic 3 because you could play co-op with Sonic and Tails. I would always be Tails and jump off of cliffs to see if there were hidden ledges. He was invincible so it was safe for Tails to check out dangerous spots. lol

Yeh, it was called Spy Fox, but I think you're thinking Spongebob for the Every Villan Is Lemons thing. Dunno though, I never got into Spy Fox.

OMG Freddi the fish and Putt putt so nostalgic : D rip when I thought Freddi all those years ago was a little boy lol, I think I played every Freddi the fish mystery haha and I played maybe two Putt putts good old childhood fun :')

edit- had to add in secret paths in the forest and rockett's first day at school girl high school adventure games xD both from the same company hhhhhhh I JUST found the titles again LOL they were my all-time fave high school adventure games :'D

Last edited:
ooh there's so many, i'd say i definitely miss playing spyro the most. i loved the first three games so much, i hate how they added him to skylanders and ruined him ;-;
also i remember the computer games like putt putt, freddi fish, roller coaster tycoon... those were fun.

I miss playing games on the Playstation such as Spyro, Rayman and Hogs of War but one game I really miss playing as a child is Mario Kart Double Dash for the Gamecube because I was the best and unlocked every cup and character there was in the game. It is probably my favourite Mario Kart game (save for Mario Kart 8 of course).

Tower Of Druaga, Dragon Spirit, Galaga 88

All three games were the bomb when i grew up, my favorite of the three has got to be Tower Of Druaga, the game was (and still is) insanely hard as you have to memorize 40+ secrets that there were no guides to, if you missed an item or didnt do a specific thing on a floor you couldnt beat the game :3

Back