• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia: Steven Universe Mafia [END - Town + Shiida Win!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NyZ7OZJ.png

The homeworld Gems didn't stop. Mercilessly damaging Beach-city, a small group of semi-powerful homeworld gems crossed paths with a group of local teenagers who were mourning the death of their friend Lars. Kiki was a stylish and curious girl. Because of her obsession of social media, Kiki felt inclined to take a "selfie" with the hostile gems. The flash of her camera irritated the gems to an overwhelming degree which lead them to attack. As kiki was being attacked, her friends fled the scene as any teenager would. Kiki's Gem selfie never got posted and the Homeworld gems continued their rampage.

Kiki was killed, an innocent bystander of the war.

Role PM said:
You're Kiki, townie.

Beach City Resident - You are a resident of Beach City, you must protect your home from those who want to destroy it. You care much about Steven and want aide him and the Crystal Gems in defending Earth. Your only weapon is your voice and your vote.

Town Remaining: ??/??
Mafia Remaining: ??/??

Players remaining: 11/15

Mafia KP = 1

You have 24 hours to decide to send in actions. Night one ends roughly 3PM EST time. Good luck.

Guyssss I meant to place my vote on Rosetti but I fell asleep!!! I just woke up at exactly 3.00am!! Omg I was working on my case to Rossetti and then fell asleep on the floor omg Moonbrink is a townie!

If I die tonight, look at my reads.

RIP Kiki. So sorry for the mislynch. I wish you had posted more because it may have lowered my suspicions against you.

Guyssss I meant to place my vote on Rosetti but I fell asleep!!! I just woke up at exactly 3.00am!! Omg I was working on my case to Rossetti and then fell asleep on the floor omg Moonbrink is a townie!

If I die tonight, look at my reads.

hmm. rosetti is suspicious no denying it but why enough for you to want to lynch her? also suspicious you didn't vote. i'm really sorry if you genuinely slept but i need to be extra careful since another town is dead. i'm really sorry moonbrink, if you had posted more and made a case for yourself though things might have been different. if there are any town hiding in the shadows please come out, we need you, you can't expect us to know you're town if you don't try, i don't want a repeat of this. qwerty & rosetti i'm especially looking at you

I was starting to lean on null on Moonbrink because they gave up too quickly. Listen, my scum reads may not be at all accurate too. We're overlooking Locket and there is still a chance that they might be scum. Sparrow, I implore you to catch up soon and post as frequent as you can.

The problem with this game is there are too many players who posted so little that we tend to scum read the active ones and mislynch them. I was hoping to avoid the same situation from happening today but I fell asleep ;A; I am so sorry. I really meant to sway the votes this time ughh.

I suggest we don't sleep on the inactive players anymore and really push them so we can make better reads for them. I'll also look at my town leans again to reassess their possible alignments. There might be scum among them if I'm not careful.

Andd also it seems that everyone voted for Moonbrink. Some of the voters might be scum- looking at you Rosetti.

@Rosetti: this is the second time you sheeped. Why did you vote for Moonbrink? You weren't on at all and you didn't post any reads on him. You could have voted for a no lynch like Sparro.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@mog because if you look at my latest read, Rosetti was my strongest scum read. After what happened with Esphas I thought I should really go with my guts instead of following majority. I still feel bad about it. Also I meant to place my votes early but I fell asleep on the floor while waiting for my phone to update. It was something that I did not expect to happen ;A;

just quickly popping in to say that i'll be sitting and catching up with the last page or so and the result of the lynch a bit later - my phone doesn't seem to like the forums and i only just managed to get it to load in order to vote

Are you going to give a good reason, or are you just going to throw accusations around like that? You're raising my suspicion.

Nice reaction there bud :/// can't tell if it's ad hominem or discomfort with being exposed ://

Oh no. Not another townie! I was certain Moonbrink was scum... ><

@Locket
Why didn't you vote? If it is because you weren't caught up or haven't formed an opinion yet you very well could have voted no lynch, so I'd like an explanation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@shiida
You still haven't answered my question but you answered Sparro's question.

all caught up and ready to post now.

i voted moonbrink in the end since there wasn't any strong leads on anybody else and in all honestly even though they flipped town it's hardly a great loss since they were essentially inactive and useless and gave up as soon as someone suspected them slightly. obviously it would've been nice if like most people expected here they'd have flipped scum because that would've been one more down, but i guess that this lynch narrows the field of suspicious people.

now, questions
Another victory for town <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sparro AKA Xerolin are scum!!!

i'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and demand a reason as to why Sparro is scum. Even though you've practically claimed third party by now and are guaranteed a win unless you're killed somehow it isn't a free pass to throw in throughts and accusations without justification.

Now for my own reads on the new players:
Locket - i'm super unsure what to think of them, as all they've contributed so far is rushed reads (which i'm not going to take seriously since my own read was 'haven't seen any posts' despite all my posts being readily accessible from the click of a button in the OP) and then excuses as to why they were rushed. this seems to me to be down to being a new player so i'm reluctant to give them a scum lean, but i'm still very uneasy about their role and activity in the game.

Sparro - i really don't like their answers to the RQs, but i'd still be inclined to think that if they were scum they'd be a bit more careful and not outright claim that they're 'likely to slip up'. but admitting to a possible slip up implies that they have something to slip up on, however they have since explained as to what they mean by that and it seems like their initial statement was just poorly worded on their behalf. they also contributed their thoughts about moonbrink when moonbrink was being heavily discussed on the run-up to the lynch, which indicates to me that they seem eager to catch up and contribute their thoughts. since i haven't seen too much from them yet though, i'm going to give them a null read for now

this sounds fake as hell

@cass you'll see

I agree, that statement sounds forced.

@cass and tui, I think Shiida was simply reaction testing Sparro. If not, then please give us reasons as to why you think he's scum.

that's what I was doing but I didn't wanna outright say it since I had him as scum earlier and he didn't notice lol but w/e guess people didn't pick up on that

that's what I was doing but I didn't wanna outright say it since I had him as scum earlier and he didn't notice lol but w/e guess people didn't pick up on that

yeah i completely missed that - in that case, i'm not really too sure what to make of his reaction as it does seem a little overly defensive for an accusation with no form of explanation that if it wasn't for it being a reaction test nobody looking to make serious reads would even look at. thanks for clarifying - i'm now curious as to what sparro will say in his defense

yeah i completely missed that - in that case, i'm not really too sure what to make of his reaction as it does seem a little overly defensive for an accusation with no form of explanation that if it wasn't for it being a reaction test nobody looking to make serious reads would even look at. thanks for clarifying - i'm now curious as to what sparro will say in his defense

I had to defend myself one way or another. I didn't want anybody else suddenly jumping on to her accusation without her having solid proof. Maybe it's just my experience from Salem that makes me paranoid about it, since I often end up dead, mostly when I'm a townie, due to some random person jumping up with a random accusation. I seemed to completely dismiss that people on this forum are much smarter than people who play on ToS, and should have known that people won't actually try and lynch without reason.

ugh i've just finished writing this up and i started at 7/4 and a half hours ago (i had some breaks but stilllll) i haven't read any of the posts since my last one explaining why i haven't been active, which i hope people can understand, some of my readings may be completely irrelevant if the night 2 has been posted and if there's been a discussion whilst i was typing up all this

ok here are my reads so far:

Locket - they haven't posted much so i can't really say much about them as there's not much to go off, although their readings are kind breif (linked them in spoiler) and i feel as if some of the reasons don't really make much sense? for example, they thought cass was 'pretty defensive' because they 'just has a feeling...' hopefully they'll develop their readings and reasonings in the furture - i also found it odd that they hadn't 'seen posts' for lucanosa, seroja or tui, i assume they meant they couldn't find the posts or something?? even though they said they read through the thread? idrk;; but maybe its cover - like maybe they're hiding something of them (could be scum/they're scum and they know) and so they're unsure of what to say, i'm not sure, i hope locket can explain what they meant here, so for now i'm leaving them as null but if they don't make things more clear i might put them as scumlean. i'd also like to know why they think im shady or if they're just agreeing with what other people have said
Boo!

Anyway~

Cass123- Seems really active, and (no offense) pretty defensive. I just have a feeling...
Lucanosa- I haven't seen their posts.
Moonbrink- On the edge of scum lean, they seem shady, but yet I'm not sure.
Cadbberry- Seems like a town, not very shady
Seroja[/COLOR]- Haven't seen their posts either
tui- Haven't seen posts
Rosetti- Seems shady... hmmmmmm
Shiida- Seems active, but not too active. Seems to be a town
Qwerty111- Scum lean, not quite sure on them though
Mogyay- Seems too innocent

Finally remembered to get on here :)

Sparrow
- the only things i really picked up on were them saying that there's 'large chances that i will slip up', which may imply that they're either under pressure (could be mafia) or that they're just new and aren't really sure of stuff, although i also picked up on 'have a total brain fart...' '...sometimes i'll do it on purpose' - i feel like this is slightly odd? why would you purposely do that? they also voted and then unvoted on moonbrink, but i feel like their reason for doing this is understandable as they're still new, since they're also pretty new i'm going to leave them as null for now

1. What is your timezome? PDT
2. How do you react under pressure?I'll play it off as best I can, but there are large chances that I will slip up.
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? No preference.
4. What are you going to be known to do this game?I'll have a harder time, as I'm replacing someone else, but I'll try my best to contribute as I can. I'm more quiet in these mafia games, as I try my best to take time to interpret things.
5. How many games have you played?Several games of Salem. None here, though.

Sorry for not posting much, but I should sleep now. Goodnight!
Sorry, forgot the editing rule.

When I say I might slip up, I mean I might say something contradictory, or just have a complete brain fart and forget what I was talking about. Sometimes I'll do it on purpose (I.E. The jester on Salem).
So really, what I'm trying to say is, sometimes when I go under pressure, I can make mistakes. Like I said, there are large chances that I will slip up, but I try my best not too.

I might change my mind on the lynch and go No Lynch, since I haven't been playing long enough to see any big read flags.
@mogyay

Play it off as in keep my cool and try and move through the situation.

@Lucanosa
Like, I might say something that I wasn't meant to. Right now I'm well rested though, and am able to keep my focus, and therefore won't make a mistake.

So, my opinion on Moonbrink.

Though it seems as if all evidence points to him/her, even with said person just giving up, due to this being their first mafia game (I believe) I'm not going to try anything with them until more evidence appears. It feels unfair right now, since I haven't been in this game too long and don't have as strong as an idea as to what is going on. I'll say that Moonbrink is Null (that's the colour for null, right?) for now until any more red flags have been raised, only because this is their first game. Due to the things they have said, I can't guarantee a town role right now, but it could be what happened with Esphas; everyone thought he was scum, and then he flipped town.

If it seems like I'm interpreting something wrong, show a little sympathy please; I just read through about 500 posts and all sorts of things are spinning in my head. It's kinda confusing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gotta shower now, will be gone for 15 minutes or so.

Moonbrink - Biggest alert to me is after them posting 'rip me' - many people asked why they said that/what???? and they didn't even bother to answer - despite someone saying that they've been active on the forums in other threads. this to me shows that they don't care anymore, and that they've basically given up, which i don't see why as we're doing alright so far/ are ahead of mafia atm - there's no need to give up unless they're admitting defeat. they also haven't contributed that much towards town and haven't been as active as other useres which to me are much more likely to be town - which is why i believe they're pretty likely to be scum in comparison. before i didn't have as much of a suspision since i thought they were just being quite cause they're new but i feel like this has changed those thoughts.

(i don't think i need to reference 'r.i.p me' post lmao)

Seroja
- i cant't really pick up on anything 'suspicious' as you've been pretty helpful towards town by asking people questions and opinions as well as sharing your own thoughts with reasonings, however the only thing that could be odd is that you said 'i assure you i'm town' in your reading (which i'm pretty sure is true lmao but i'd just like to point it out', it was kinda unnecessary like you really wanted to prove people you're town but other people have done this and it's not really a big deal but i thought i'd mention it.
i'd like to correct you though by saying that i've 'posted no reads whatsoever' - i infact have and i'm really confused to why you would say that, it's kind of like making up an excuse as to why i could be scum?? i'll link my earlier reads in the spoiler for you since you must've missed them. i also feel like me being 'missing' has no correlation to kirby dieing before, i've said in my previous post why i wasn't active, i'm interested in hearing your 'case' on me - other than your read which was probably misinterpreted (esp about me making no reads whatsoever cause i have) i still believe you're probably town since the amount that you've contributed outweighs that 'other stuff' i said

Alright so here's my Day 2 read peeps. I've been thinking a lot about this, whether I'm the toilet doing business, or eating supposedly yummy things (cos mafia makes me lose ma appetite tbh), and I've gone through the thread multiple times just to make sure. They're not the best reads but they're the best I can give at the mo. Reads are from strongest to weakest leans in their respective categories.

Town

Miharu Killed N1
Esphas Lynched D1
Seroja I assure you I'm town.

Cadberry I'm town reading Cadberry. She's been posting freely, and asking questions to a lot of people and posting reads since early on in the game. She's also been consistent with who she's suspicious of and have provided helpful information to town #347.

Cass123 Cass is a cutie patootie. She made this game so much more enjoyable with her sassy posts lols to the moon and back. I'm strongly reading town for Cass because she's been on her toes since Day 1 and picking up on the slightest things that aroused her suspicions. She was scum-hunting Kirby from the get go. Definitely town.

mogyay mog has been helpful to town since day one by providing reads and questioning people who she found suspicious. She's also relentless in her interrogations and doesn't back down on her suspicions over simplistic answers. I'm pretty sure a noob mafia wouldn't be this brazen.

tui I am town reading tui because her posts seem honest and transparent. Her reads were also well thought out.

Lucanosa Lucanosa pissed me off with his condescending posts not gonna lie. I don't know if that's his original personality showing through or what but he apologised so I'll drop it. All that said, I appreciate his reads and insights; they are indeed helpful. Overall, he seems to be quite open and helpful to town so I'm town reading them for now.

Scum

Rosetti Rosetti is mostly null on everyone's list but there's just something off with her and after going through her posts again I'm starting to think she's scum. She's posted no reads whatsoever and have been missing for almost the entirety of Day 2 right after Kirby's lynch. And my bet is Kirby was the scum leader what with him being the most experienced player and whatnot.

My case on her will be posted soon because I'm typing all this at my office and I'm going home now.

Qwerty111 Qwerty is definitely suspicious. They've only made one read and it was against Moonbrink who everyone else was already suspicious of. Plus it seems to me that they were defending Kirby in that post. I'll look at it once again and explain more later.

Moonbrink Moonbrink is half and half for me now. More explanation on that later because I don't have enough time now ;A;

Null

Sparro I was beginning to town lean Xerolin but I'll wait until Sparro posts more before I make a read on him.

Locket Not enough substantial posts for me to make a read out of.

Hopefully the thread will pick up soon because I'd rather not a mislynch happen again. See yall.
ok i just got home from work so i'm only catching up now
this also took like 40mins to write and it doesn't even look like much ugh
rip esphas </3

i'm really not good with going into readings so i'm pretty indecisive but whatever, some of the inactive people like enchilda (i have no idea what's going on with them/if they're playing or not), lucanosa and xerolin haven't pointed out much that's helping/contributing much towards us which could suggest to me that they could be hiding something and keeping a low profile, or they just don't have much to say right now since it's still quite early (but we've already discussed a lot so i'm still unsure), i was also a lil suspicious of tui but they seem to be more active from the last time i catched up
so i suppose i would've voted for one of them, but although as i've said some of my thoughts have changed since yesterday and im indecisive af - there's so many possibilities

looking at newer posts i'm taking into consideration with what others are saying, and catching up with more recent events so these thoughts are 'old' (not really but kind of), they're just not as uptodate - i'm bad at summarising;;

After finding out esphas was town, I would probably go with somebody I mentioned earlier in this post, I'm kinda edging towards lucanosa since they haven't made many posts and i'd like to hear more from them - although that isn't a confident choice, just simply answering your Q lmao

i believe whether or not i voted for esphas it wouldn't make a difference, including my vote they got a total of 5 votes, but without my vote esphas would still get 4, i could vote for anyone and they wouldn't have gotten the same number of votes/4 - nolynch would also have 4 votes but i don't think that effects anything right? (i'm not sure but it didnt say it did in the rules of the voting thread)

also i'm a she not a he LMAO
so far i think my 'biggest' suspicions rn are Esphas and Miharu, mostly because of how closely they're reading into everything and they seem to be one of the most active, i'm also kinda suspicious of shiida but only cause of her mysteriousness (is that a word idk) but i have a feeling of what her role is, unless she's just trying to make us/me think that hmmmmmm
cadbberry also seems a lil suspisous but not so much, she's also been looking into a few posts but isn't as active, also a lil suspicious of you/Seroja due to asking about some people's suspicions

it's too early on in the game for me to know what's what tbh

Cadbberry
- from what i've seen she's been quite helpful by giving some advice and asking a few questions, it would be nice if she could be a bit more active but i can't really pick up on anything suspicious, it would be helpful if she had more readings so because of that and i don't have much else to go off i'm going to say null/townlean

tui - they've been much more active recently and have got some useful readings, reasonings and explanations which all seem well thought out, and when they've been questioned they've explained themselves clearly without hesitation/avoiding the question or suspicion, however i was suspicious of them earlier on in the game due to inactivity, they're obvs a lot more active now but im still a little unsure, if they had been active from the start then i'd probably say they're a definate townlean

Lucanosa
- i was also a lil suspicous of them earlier due to inactivity but they're a lot more active now and they've been giving advice to the newer people which is useful for them but they've also asked some questions which contribute to town, although for the same reason as tui i'm going to say nul/townlean for now

Cass123 - they've been very active and helpful by giving suggestions to people and advice as well as asking questions which helps us/town, i haven't seen anything that's suspicous or that stands out as being bad/shadey

Shiida
- pretty sure they're just onion LMAO esp since the early on hints and their attitude - although before i said this, that she could be playing mindgames but idrk, i don't see her as being anyone else rn

Qwerty111
- it would be nice to hear more of them so they could contribute a bit more and to hear some of their reads, although they've been actively dodging mogyay's questions for them desite still posting on the thread and acknowledging other people - this is pretty shadey to me as they 'shouldn't' have anything to hide - this combined with not asking too many questions or contributing much towards town is why i think they could be scum

Mogyay - she's been consistenly active with readings, questions, and contributing a lot towards town, to me she's a town lean

-

i got tired towards the end and posting references the codings were confusing me and it was taking time - so sorry if the post quality really lacks towards the end, i'm just trying to catch up and do this as quick as possible

ok now responces to readings @me
Rosetti- Seems shady... hmmmmmm
could you say why you think that
i think i talked about this earlier in this post/in my read, probably

Rosetti - posts seem kinda scummy / shady but I don't know her that well so that could just be her post style.

if you can could you elaborate on how they're scummy/shady, if it helps my post style is usually like that on here because i'm trying to type quickly and catch up, in other places of the forums my posts are usually better 'quality', i hope that makes sense

I'm seeing that Rosetti has not posted since before the end of N1. Seems shady to me maybe they are scum after all. Scum lean

i hope my earlier post clears that up/ why i was inactive, i'll be able to be more active next week and on sunday, i might be able to check in tomorrow but since it's night i dont want to post anything too 'obvious' for the mafia - going off what people have advised last time

Rosetti Rosetti is mostly null on everyone's list but there's just something off with her and after going through her posts again I'm starting to think she's scum. She's posted no reads whatsoever and have been missing for almost the entirety of Day 2 right after Kirby's lynch. And my bet is Kirby was the scum leader what with him being the most experienced player and whatnot.

My case on her will be posted soon because I'm typing all this at my office and I'm going home now.

i believe i went over this one in my read

ok i think that's everything, i'll catch up now since it's almost been 5 hours and something might've changed idk, it's almost midnight but i feel like i gotta make up for not being active yesterday rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back