• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old were you when you got your first 3ds

How old were you when you got your first 3ds

• Total voters
I think... 20 maybe or something when I bought my first red one, I had a few since then lol

I owned my first one when I was 10... months old. It was the original Aqua Blue one. I was a huge Nintendo fan for the previous 9 months of my life that I just HAD to get it at release. I got it with Nintendogs + Cats and wow, the bright colors and realistic pets enthralled me. My first dog was named tfvugh because I still couldn't read yet. Every day I would "pet" tfvugh with my own hand on the top screen (I didn't understand that only the bottom screen was a touch screen. Or that tfvugh wasn't actually real.) But eventually... in August later that year... it broke. I pressed my hand on the top screen so much that the hinge broke, and I drooled constantly on the charger before realizing how to plug it in. tfvugh may be lost forever, but it will live on in my heart forever, along with jnhk my golden retriever, and ih my tabby cat.
NpqZ9Pt.png

I would have been 21 when I purchased my original Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS and my Nintendo 3DS family of systems has grown ever since over the years.

1. Nintendo 3DS (Aqua Blue)
2. Nintendo 3DS (Black/Gold 25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda Edition)
3. Nintendo 3DS XL (Red/Black)
4. Nintendo 2DS (Blue/Black)
5. New Nintendo 3DS (White)
6. New Nintendo 3DS XL (Metallic Black)

Got my original 3DS on release day, so I would have been 15

Honestly, I don't even remember. I know I had the original DS or maybe even the next model after that. So I was a young kid at the time.

I was 11, I got my Flame Red 3DS on Mario Kart 7's release date on 12/4/2011, still the only one I have.

Last edited:
I was either 12 or 13 at the time I got one. 12 if I got it before my birthday, and 13 if I got it on my birthday, before or on Christmas.

Ummm got mine July 12th 2013 sooo that was 3 years ago.

So 20-3=17

Holy that was a while ago. :eek: I still have and often play the very same system. I didn't see the need to upgrade plus I love it too much. ^_^

I mine when I was 20, last year March, about a year after my younger brother got one for his birthday. And in October (?) I got the New 3DS with HHD.

I got the 3DS XL only because of New Leaf. Honestly, before New Leaf I had no desire to buy it but then I saw Neq Leaf and couldn't pass up an Animal Crossing game! I was 19.

I got my first 3DS on the Christmas of 2012. So I was 14 back then. I still have that 3DS actually, still in good condition. There's a small indentation above the StreetPass notifier from when I accidentally dropped it on asphalt awhile back, but aside from that it still works as well as it did when I first received it.

I've had multiple DS' over the years, but the 3DS was released when I was 16 and I bought the original aqua blue 3DS that year. Up until just recently I still had the box it came in but I just threw it away when cleaning out my closet since I don't even have that 3DS anymore.

Christmas of 2013. I was technically 12, but my 13th birthday was literally in a week.

Last edited:
Back