• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Un]Official TBT Discord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f11

crys(tal)
Bells
Black Feather
White Feather
Fair Pinwheel
Pokéball
So... IRC is dead. Right now, I feel tbt is a bit disconnected, and I'd like to know, and become friends some more members. Normally I would go to the IRC for this, but like said before... it's dead.

There other alternative chats, for example skype and that type of stuff. But I think the best medium would be Discord.

What is discord? Discord is a free voice and text chat app. It was born out of our own frustrations with the voice and chat tools we all use. Discord brings communication out of the stone age. It's free, easy to use, and with you even while you are AFK. It is also very mobile friendly to be used on your phone.

I think this would be a great idea to connect the members... so what do you think ;)

Also if this happens I don't have to be the one to host the server, a mod or admin or anyone interested can do it.

I'm down for Discord honestly, we could all move from the IRC to a Discord channel. Voice chat like we did with Mumble (or not), plus the mods can have their secret channels by setting privileges. Also has convenient mobile apps compared to IRC where ya gotta find the one that fits for you.

Yea that would be a cool idea. I like the way things are with the other discord chats around here (Animal Crossing one, Mafia, etc.). Its a cool way to make more friends and is pretty user friendly.

I'd join

I would love a tbt discord, it is easier on my computer then the irc for some reason, it is also nice to use for voice chat which flows better then any chat site I have used in the past. You can also have different channels for different sides of the chat

Last edited:
I support this. I personally dislike how IRC logs you off every time you lose connection and you lose your nick in the process, so I can only be there when I'm at home connected to wifi, but then when I'm home people are already sleeping :(

Discord could be a good replacement. You can mod the channel, use bots, use voice chats, and you don't need to install an app to access it. I hope admins consider using discord instead :(

Last edited:
It's actually been discussed already for a few months now off and on inside the staff as a possible replacement for the IRC.

The main pros are basically having multiple channels (like what people always wanted in IRC but was never really done), proper mobile apps, and just more modern and accessible to those who have always been turned off by the ancientness of IRC. Even a lot of our staff can't really be bothered with IRC anymore.

So if there's interest proven in here, we'd definitely consider it!

It's actually been discussed already for a few months now off and on inside the staff as a possible replacement for the IRC.

The main pros are basically having multiple channels (like what people always wanted in IRC but was never really done), proper mobile apps, and just more modern and accessible to those who have always been turned off by the ancientness of IRC. Even a lot of our staff can't really be bothered with IRC anymore.

Oh god it's going to be like the night theme all over again where's Horus

yes and I will join if I have admin rights and/or can pick my role color

are there any cons to it that made you guys reconsider/hold it off?

and yes, i'm definitely interested in an official tbt discord channel.

Sounds like a good idea. The IRC kinda put me off for some reason. Maybe because of its apparent.. deadness. I really don't have any idea why. I'd definitely be down to join. It's much more convenient as well, since with Discord your channels are saved so you don't have to constantly get a link in or something.

It's interesting, and I'd try it out if it became a thing.

I think we should use discord the Irc is dead. I visited the Irk and know one was chatting. I support this Crys.

Discord is much better than IRC. It's easier to configure and honestly, I was put off by IRC bc it was too hard to set up/figure out, for me at least bc i suck. But yeah, it's a much better client and every1 can listen to me talk ;)

i'd join a tbt discord! irc was kind of intimidating that one time i joined

The only reason I don't use the IRC is because I'm usually on a tablet, and can't be arsed to download an app for it.

That and the fact you can silence 10+ people just by saying hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back