• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

restart my town?

lynnxo

queen lynn
Bells
Silver Mailbox
i'm wondering if i should restart my town. it's become boring to me but at the same time, it could be fixed with a month or so of work.
- cons -
loss of my badges
loss of museum upgrade / catalog
loss of shop upgrades
loss of emoticons
loss of house upgrades
loss of dreamies
having to wait to unlock everything again
losing all progress towards train station
loss of shop catalog

- pros -
fresh start
new villagers and house placement
easy restart for paths
new retail/town hall placement
can still have my bells/items (having a friend keep them while restarting)

i'm sure there are more pros. my main problem is having to regain everything back. i want to restart so bad, but TTing would be my only option for rebuilding my lovely shops and house back up. i'm not worried about my villagers or PWPs, i'm worried about the stress i'd have to deal with to get all of my shoos back to their full state (club LOL, shampoodle, T&T emporium, 2F museum, etc.)

if you have restarted before, can you give me tips?

Honestly in your position I would probably just buy another copy of the game; that way you have the fun of starting a new town but you won't have any regrets of getting rid of your old town :)

If you think that the pros outweigh the cons, then why not restart?

i'm considering it but i still am iffy about it.
most likely, i will, because i'd rather restart now than to continue putting it off.

i'd buy a new copy, but i'd rather be dedicated to one town.

I played in my original town for over a year when I just decided to start over one day. I was one of those people who had said, "I'll never get rid of my first town, blah, blah." But you know what? No regrets! It doesn't take long at all to earn Bells and badges, build up your house, and collect things. It's actually a lot of fun, which is probably why I keep restarting! However, I restarted that town after I bought a second copy and created Pripyat. Now, Pripyat is off-limits and I will not touch that town. But that's what second (and sometimes third and fourth) copies are for! LOL

I'd also go with getting a second copy first...:kind of like your safety net. You could always transfer some items/bells over them to make your start a little easier?
I was thinking I would reset once I got my town to what I wanted, only just received perfect town status so I'll be a while.
Instead I went and ordered another copy, even though I only have one ds to play on. Thinking now I'll use it as a cycle town for a short while to earn some bells and then start my second proper town! The bells can go towards new dream villagers and what not
:) good luck deciding!

I agree that buying another game would be a better solution than a restart.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have five towns.

I'd try to change things up a bit. You say that you want new villagers and a fresh start, which you can almost have by redecorating your town and moving in new villagers. It might be difficult if you have lots of villagers you'd like to keep, but you'll lose them anyway if you reset and if you want them back, you'll get through 16 villagers quickly if you're letting villagers come and go.

Just wait for a while and see if that helps. It's much easier to reset later than it is to get back your town if you reset. If you're still annoyed by the way your town looks, go for it and reset if you don't want to buy another copy of the game. Since someone is holding things for you, you'll unlock shops and rebuild pretty fast.

Here's my experience with restarting, don't reset if you think you can fix your town. I resetted because I didn't like my town at all, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't fix that layout and it wasn't appealing to me any more. Heres the pro's and cone that I took into consideration before I restarted.

Pros:

Fresh Start
New Theme
Better Layout
Different town fruit
Ability to have dreamies that I want
A layout that I can actually work with
New Re-tail position
Better grass design
Dock is in a good location
Town is planned out better

Cons:

Loss of upgraded and completed house
Loss of T&T Emporium
Loss of complete fossil collection
Loss of all my medals
All my old dreamies are gone
Millions of bells gone to waste along with rares

I recently restarted my town about a week ago. Let me say this, it's great.
If your not happy with what you have currently, I'd say restart. It's probably the best thing you can do. The only downside would be having to wait to unlock the different shops in town. Other than that it's great to just start fresh.

I restarted 10 days after starting my first town because I planted too many trees and had no axes and nowhere to develop anything. I would not restart now though since if have 50% catalog and many shops unlocked.

Back