• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Tarot [DAY 3]

MDOpmug.png

The High Priestess was a mysterious woman. She was a woman of knowledge, of lore, of the unknown.

Despite her efforts, the townfolk were afraid of her. They were afraid of what she knew. She had withdrawn from the social life to reside in her studies, but that only worsened her relationship with the townfolk.

They were afraid of what she could've known. They were afraid what she knew about them.

The High Priestess was no ordinary woman - she was a highly intelligent woman. She was special, she had a way to find out the truth. No matter how buried the truth may be, she found a way. She found a way to see through rose pricked lies and to rightly criticize those who would lie.

But she was isolated. Her power was unknown. And that terrified the simple minded town folk, they whispered she was a witch. They whispered she had powers of the unknown.

The town decided she must be done with.

A group of angry townies gathered their pitchforks and journeyed to her tower.

The High Priestess looked below, mindfully minding her own business. Never had the town ever laid a hand against her, and often left the woman alone. But not this time.

She never saw it coming.

The town set fire to her tower, and when she had smelled the embers, it was too late.

The High Priestess touched her hands against the door, feeling the approaching warmth scald her fingers. She, for once, was at a loss of words. There was no book for her to retreat to. There was only death.

She looked out her small window, and saw the town gathered around her tower. They yelled for her death, they called her a witch.

"I only ever wanted to help you!" The High Priestess yelled, but the town would not be swayed. No matter how much she begged, her cries would not reach them.

The fire roared and burned through the door, and she yelled one last cry.

"If there is a God out there, may he help me so"

But no God heeded her answers.​

justice said:

Night One ends at April 14th, 8 PM. You have 24 hours to send in an action if you have one.

jPcUW7s.png

The Magician was no fool.

He had lost their dearest friend, the High Priestess, and knew his time was coming.

The Magician quickly gathered his things, throwing his garments and spellbooks into this bag. A tickle of sweat ran down his forehead, he was on edge. Any moment, the town may turn on him. In any moment, the town would too soon burn him like a witch.

The Magician had powers, powers like the High Priestess, but unlike his friend he was not afraid to fight back. He would be ready for anything they would throw at him, whether he liked it or not.

However, the Magician did not calculate a greater foe. A foe stronger than the combined forks of townies, a foe on his level. A foe who too, had power.

The Magician slung his sack across his shoulder, and slammed the door. He made his descent into the forest, through the thick branches. He was not a man of the wild, and was rather unused to all the thorns pricking through him.

“Gods, I should’ve worn something better for this.” He grumbled.It was the break of dawn, the moon his only source of light. The Magician would’ve cast a spell to help light the way, but he was afraid the light would draw attention to him.

And the last thing he needed was attention.

He made quick work, avoiding branches and thorns, and soon he could see the base of the mountain. There, he would be safe.

Unknown to the Magician, a woman was passing by. A woman on a journey, a woman on a path. She posed no threat, but she would unfortunately find herself in the midst of something greater.

The Magician walked his way towards the mountain, and the woman walked towards the same mountain herself.

Two strangers would soon lose their lives at that very mountain.

The woman stepped on a branch, to which the Magician called out, “Who’s there?”

“It’s just me, I’m passing through.” The woman yelled back, into the dark sky.

The Magician followed her voice, to see a harmless townie woman smile. He breathed a sigh of relief. “What is a woman like you doing out here?”

The woman laughed, and replied “I needed to get away, from the kids, from everything. I need to find myself”

“And you intend to find yourself on this mountain?” The Magician asked, rather curious why a woman would venture out into the unknown.

“No better way to have a spiritual journey than to cross a mountain!” She let out a big laugh, and winked at the Magician.

Now, in another timeline, maybe these two could have been friends. But fate was not kind to either woman or man on this mountain.

A figure of the dark, of the shadows, creeps up towards the Magician. It’s too fast, and he can barely react. A sword at his throat and slices through his skin like butter. He falls rather quickly, and the woman screams.

“If only you didn’t do that, you could’ve lived…” The voice whispers, before blowing out the woman’s light too.​

M3ow_, The Magician (Vig) died.
Panda1376, The Eight of Cups (Townie) died.

UtvaJFi.png

D6rgPIO.png

Day Two ends on April 16th, 8PM PST. You have 48 hours to vote.

Trundle has replaced Shiida Good luck.

Last edited:
I see why m3ow is a target because she's probably one of the strongest players but Panda?? IDK, she's usually left until last, RIP townie again...

Back